BN TV

WATCH the Trailer for “93 Days” – A film inspired by the Ebola Crisis in Nigeria

BellaNaija.com

The last time 93 Days was in the headlines, it was due to a battle between the producers of the movie and the family of Nigeria’s Ebola heroine Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh.

Now, the first official trailer for the movie has been released.

93 Days is directed by Steve Gukas.

Synopsis

When Patrick Sawyer a Liberian American collapses upon arrival at the Murtala Mohammed International airport, Lagos – Nigeria. He is taken to First Consultant Hospital, where he is admitted with fever like symptoms.
Against his denials of contact with any Ebola victim in Liberia, the team at first consultant led by Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh quickly deduce there is more to his case than malaria. Their vigilance leads to an early detection that Mr Sawyer indeed had the Ebola Virus disease. Now it’s a race against time to contain a deadly disease from breaking out and infecting an entire city population and beginning what could be the biggest deadly disease outbreak the world has ever known.
The scare is palpable across the country. The doomsday scenario imagined is here.
Over a 93-day period from when Sawyer comes in men and women from Nigeria, WHO and MSF do battle with this deadly disease. At its core, 93Days is a compelling human story of dedication, sacrifice, resilience and survival.

Watch below.

1. xplorenollywood.com

July 2, 2016 at 10:57 am

Yay!!! It’s here? now let me watch the trailer.

2. eyong

July 2, 2016 at 11:22 am

Genevieve Nnaji, I’m patiently waiting o. Omotola has Amina and ties that bind, Rita Dominic has The Meeting, Kate Henshaw has Stronger than Pain, Bimbo Akintola has–practically everything she’s ever done.. I’m still waiting for your own earth shaking performance, Queen of Nollywood.

#yesnashadeideythroway

• SLA

July 3, 2016 at 8:35 am

Road to Yesterday was a good movie she produced and starred in. I hope she takes your challenge and further pushes the envelope but she is a Queen

3. Wanderlust _Trekeffect

July 2, 2016 at 11:47 am

This looks good???, I hope they stayed as close to the truth as they could

4. vincent

July 2, 2016 at 12:05 pm

@ eyong I m a big fan of Genny! Can’t explain it! And I agree with you 100 percent! I am so itching to see her in something unusual…an untypical Genny! Meanwhile can’t wait for this…Bimbo and Nse are on the same level! Everything!

5. Spunky

July 2, 2016 at 12:27 pm

This is what I’m talking about. Not some hollow script with mannequins parading as actors. Someone just threw Genny a challenge? Hold up! She’s cooking something enormous. Wait a little.

• lol

July 2, 2016 at 1:34 pm

What’s even the challenge for? Road to yesterday was and still one of the best nollywood movies I’ve watched

6. Hadee

July 2, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Wow!! This looks awesome ??

7. Nnenna. S

July 2, 2016 at 5:42 pm

Omg… This brought tears to my eyes. This is not just a movie, it actually happened, there were actual victims,families were affected. A reminder of the reality that shook Nigeria. Thank God for early intervention.

8. Kiiki

July 2, 2016 at 8:26 pm

This looks brilliant!

9. Ms jazz

July 2, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Looking for the right vocabulary to describe how I feel right now after watching this trailer.. Something bigger than goosebumps! Can’t wait to see this film and Izu Ojukwu’s 76

10. chy

July 2, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Road to yesterday is still one of the best movie coming out from nollywood, Genevievennaji has played different roles in the past,she has proved herself, ,you guys should just wait a little for her.the meeting and Amina , wasn’t a great story.

• Timothy

July 3, 2016 at 5:43 am

The meeting was so overrated!. All Rita Dominic did was shout and over-act all through the movie. Not a performance one will remember in years.

11. Esther Anegbe

July 2, 2016 at 10:38 pm

I so wanna see this movie…cause I was in Lagos city when this Ebola outbreak changed the way we see life and ourselves…the story of how this was combated in Lagos state in 93 days is a social ‘phenomenon’ to be studied. Thank God! Forever grateful to Dr. Stella Ameyo Adadevoh – she gave her life for this too.
    I particularly remember that I had to go through Obalende (where the First consultants hospital is located) to work everyday…and nothing, not even the threat of the spread stopped Lagosians from being their usual expressive and helpful selves. In the midst of “Do not touch strangers, keep your distance…”, I remember one guy holding my hand to keep me from falling into a ditch one of those mornings…so much to say. I am only looking back in gratitude…If I start to count!
    Please how do I get to see this movie o?

12. Tunmi

July 3, 2016 at 4:21 am

Hold up, are we missing the fact that the talented thespian Bimbo Akintola is here??????

13. Timothy

July 3, 2016 at 5:53 am

I cant wait to see this. The trailer looks very nice.

Why cant people just let others be? Just wondering about all the talk about Genie’s acting when this post is about the trailer for a movie that looks really nice. Bimbo is my favourite Nigerian actress but Genie is bad either and Road to Yesterday was a very decent movie.

All these talk about Rita Dominic and The Meeting. How was that an iconic film or performance? Rita is good but both the movie and her performance were so overrated. All she did was shout and over-act! Pla stop already!

For me, people should watch Bimbo in “Widows, the Mourning After” to understand how good she really is, as well as many of her stage performances, especially in “Hearword” and “A Husband Wife” with Toyin Oshinaike”

14. Timothy

July 3, 2016 at 5:53 am

..i meant “Genie isnt bad either”

15. Dre

July 3, 2016 at 6:58 am

Nigeria’s greatest actor of all time- Bimbo Akintola!!!! No one should even put her with Nse or who ever! She has been doing this , and quite excellently, since forever! Forever the best!

• George

July 3, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Stop limiting ur thought and ur country. There is nothing like a greatest actor of all time . Just great roles executed by different peeps. Even meryl Streep won’t say dat cuz she will never do justice to everyother role. Dats why there are so many actors. So better say ur favourite actor

16. Charles

July 3, 2016 at 7:32 am

Nigerian women are worst! See a beautiful trailer with Bimbo Akintola but what you want to do is start a fight between other actresses who are all talented in their own right. Sickos

17. Shaday

July 3, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Amazing trailer!
    Nigerian produces please take notes.
    I’m so glad they used bimbo akintola for obvious reasons. Bimbo rocks sha… I’m still awed.

18. suz

July 5, 2016 at 6:28 pm

If there’s anything am gonna be appreciative of foreva,its the fact that GEJ and his administration with the help of God took their stand to stop the wide spread of Ebola disease.Can’t wait to watch d movie#maythesoulsofddepartedrestinpeace