BN TV

“For you to be in this city, you have to be a strong man” Nigerians in Abuja Complain of the High Cost of Living | WATCH on BN TV

Lagos and Abuja are the most famous cities in Nigeria, but since Lagos is known to be the financial hub of Nigeria, almost everyone wants to live in Lagos and do business in Lagos.

BattaBox presenter Timothy asks Nigerians on the streets in Abuja to compare the standard of living in Abuja with that of Lagos and one man said “Due to the frustration people face in Abuja, they are not friendly,” and another said “For you to be in this city as a street guy, you have to be a strong man”.

Timothy then asked if they would rather live in Lagos than in Abuja but due to the “craziness” of Lagos most of them declined. “Lagos is better than Abuja,” says one woman “Its cheaper but crazy,” she continues “I’ll prefer Abuja because its calm,” one man said.

Where would you rather live in in Nigeria? Lagos or Abuja? Watch the video here!

1. Eko oni ba je

August 3, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Lagos is for both the rich and hustlers.Abuja is too expensive

2. Ajala & Foodie

August 3, 2016 at 10:27 pm

The “phoney” of the interviewer sef….did I just hear “Not” as “Noth”.

• ATL's finest

August 3, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Lmao u heard very correct :).ABJ is more calmer but if I have to choose between ABJ & Lag, neither… Lokoja all the WAY.

• mims

August 4, 2016 at 11:34 am

Lol! Seriously! It’s distracting!

• mims

August 4, 2016 at 11:36 am

Lol! Seriously! It’s distracting!

3. iyke

August 4, 2016 at 1:18 am

They need to plant more trees in that Abuja…that city is too hot.
    Calabar (Obudu) to be precise, all the way for me or my village in Imo State.I don’t like city life….

4. nunulicious

August 4, 2016 at 2:01 am

Abuja says who is your father? whose card is that in your hand again?
    Lagos says: I have a problem, can you solve it?
    Abuja showed me pepper one time like that but i’m coming back for you as a boss!

5. Baby gurl

August 4, 2016 at 6:13 am

ATL’s finest so u live in Lokoja! Iyke u in Obudu for real? I’m jealous o! Beautiful parts of the earth lol. Living in Abuja is quite a situation of mixed feelings. For one I’d rather stay here than Lagos. That place is a freaking jungle which takes me to a hospital just after a 2-day visit. What annoys me about Abuja tho is the higher price of Everything compared to the rest of the country. And a lack of variety. I find myself making orders from Lagos every single time. Online shopping is a second option. I also feel for people who commute from places like Nyanya, Maraba even into Keffi Nassarawa state just because they can’t afford “city” living. The politicians have shared the money and houses amongst themselves and left “the others” to scramble for the remnant. Abuja is calm but is fast becoming second Lagos, that scares me. You need to be at Banex junction at rush hour. It’s a sight to behold lol. Another thing, Abuja is officially the center of the sun omg. I was away for three years and for some reason I got more light skinned so getting back and after a few days I was forced to buy me some sunscreen to maintain my new found skintone lol. Glad I did that on time. If I were down to choose any place from the beginning, it would still be Abuja. 🙂

• le coco

August 4, 2016 at 7:17 am

i love LOVE abuja. But it truly is expensive but i agree with you that id choose abuja over lagos anyday… lagos is just to roudy, nd the thing is it is quite unecessarily roudy…. whenever im in lagos i keep sweating like a goat.. ahhn.. and the way people tend to behave is often what causes the roudyness.. sometimes you can look at that situation and see a simple solution that could have solved that issue.
      i remember being in the mall in lag. my cousin and i wanted to watch a movie.. now the line for the snacks wasnt even long. there could have been five people sef on that line.. but yet see as people pushed infront of you to buy pop corn asif their time is more valuable than yours. my issue was this.. we all are going to enter the movies AT THE SAME TIME… our movies were all scheduled for the same time, and we still had a good 20 mins before they even start with the commercials,,, so why were people scrambling to enter the front of a 5 people line.. SMH

6. Ada Ada

August 4, 2016 at 8:23 am

Battabox needs to work on the caliber of presenters they put out. Nawa.

7. Jamb question

August 4, 2016 at 8:35 am

Can you put a price on sanity and peace of mind?

8. Guy dey try

August 4, 2016 at 11:49 am

Free the presenter… he’s trying na. He will get better.

9. Prince

August 4, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Abuja is a place to live and raise your kids though its very expensive (especially the housing) but its a nice place to live

10. Noel

August 4, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Abj, anytym

11. Engoz

August 4, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Never been to Abuja, but Lagos, especially the mainland is a jungle. Sambisa forest is better than it.