News

Husband Demands for Compensation for Wasted Years in Marriage

dreamstime-DivorceA 36-year-old husband, Edaih, has demanded compensation for the number of years he wasted in the name of marriage to his wife, Uche.

Edaih made this know when he testified in a divorce petition by his wife at a Grade 1 Area Court, Aso Pada, Mararaba, Nasarawa State, on Wednesday.

He claimed that he only slept with his wife in the first two months since they got married, adding that he had no problem with the court granting his wife’s request.

“But I demanded compensation for wasting my years with her in the name of marriage. Since 2013, we got married, I only slept with her the first two months into our marriage and after then, she never allowed me to touch her, nor will she let me sleep with her,” he said.

He tendered what he spent on her head at the traditional wedding and begged the court to ask her to refund all.

The respondent said that he did not enjoy the marriage as he should, while denying the allegation of being cruel.

He told the court that his wife was rather the one sleeping around with other men.

The petitioner, Uche, had begged the court to dissolve her marriage to her husband, for alleged irresponsible behaviour.

Uche alleged that they separated about three years ago because of Emma’s irresponsible behaviour, adding the union produced no child.

“As a result of the cruelty and intolerable attitude of my husband, the marriage had since broken down irretrievably. I am no longer interested in the union with him and I urge this court to dissolve the union,” she pleaded.

The presiding judge, Albert Maga adjourned the case to September 2 for further hearing.

1. Miss Ghana

August 18, 2016 at 6:29 am

some of these divorce cases are so crazy. Are they children behaving like this?

2. ekama

August 18, 2016 at 7:23 am

World don spoil finish. Refund fire

3. she wan marry sum1 else

August 18, 2016 at 8:55 am

na so dem dey do
    she don get someone else wey dey deceive her
    she wan marry someone else
    just 2months in 3years? wow…

men shine your eyes

4. Moyo

August 18, 2016 at 9:52 am

What he spent on her head

• The Real Oma

August 18, 2016 at 10:50 am

Yes, that is a direct translation from the Igbo, and it can actually be said same way in Yoruba “Owo it mo na lori e”

5. Prince

August 18, 2016 at 11:21 am

It’s either the dude has a small dick or does not know how to phuk or he’s still one of those that does it just in bed alone (the missionary way)
    The woman don test better thing for outside.. SEX is phucking real. Its an activity

6. Sevenade

August 18, 2016 at 12:07 pm

When love turns sour.

7. Tosin

August 20, 2016 at 1:07 am

I sorta understand the wife tho. I don’t understand how it’s possible to want to hook up with somebody after you’ve hooked up with them a few times (for some people the max may be 0 and for some it may be a really high number, but forever? that’s just not in my experience likely at all.) i’m sure biologists and anthropologists have more info for me on this; it’s also more a male mode than a female thing, but yeah. she’s normal. he’s normal. good luck to them.