For today’s edition of Monday Manicure with BN Beauty, we’re going to show you how to prepare your nails perfectly for your next manicure or nail art, in 5 easy steps. The way you prep your nails also determines how well you polish/nail art lasts.
5 Steps for Perfect Nail Prep
- Remove old nail polish with Acetone free nail polish remover.
- Push back your cuticles; see these posts here and here on how best to take care of your cuticles.
- Shape and buff; see a post here on the best nail shapes for your natural nail and how to shape them. If you’re going to the nails salon, click here for the BN Nail Shapes Dictionary to help you pick your next nail extension shape!
After shaping and buffing, wash your hands to get rid of the particles.
- Pamper your nails; use your cuticle oil or cuticle cream on your cuticles and nail bed. Now is also a good time to use your favourite hands cream, give yourself a little hand massage and wait for it to all soak in.
- Protect your nails with a good base coat; remove excess oil and cream from your nails with nail polish remover and apply your base coat to prepare your nails for your nail polish/nails art.
Here’s a video to help!