News

My wife Beat me up Because I Confronted her for Giving her Car to her Pastor – Divorce Seeker tells Court

Federal High CourtA 46-year-old man, Ogah A., has told a Mararaba Upper Area Court that his wife, Helen, beats him because he is physically challenged.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that he urged the court to dissolve his 13-year-old marriage which was blessed with four children,

He said: “My wife beats and disrespects me because I am deformed in my hand”.

The petitioner said he once bought a car for his wife but she gave the car to her pastor without his knowledge or consent.

“I came back from work one day and she told me that the pastor had an accident with the car and when I confronted her that I did not give the car to the pastor, she slapped me. I received the beating of my life from her to the extent that she grabbed my private parts and tried to kill me,” Ogah added.

He also told the court that it had been over a year since he had sex with his wife because of the injury he sustained when she grabbed his private parts.

Helen, however, was not in court in spite of the court’s summons on her.

The presiding judge, Ibrahim Shekaru, adjourned the case to September 2, 2016.

1. MUSE

August 29, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Kai! BN ladies, una no go comment? why una no go abuse this woman for beating her hubby? Please come on hear and call out a fellow woman for doing wrong! all of you are always bashing the men for being abusive , oya its now time to frown on a woman abusing her husband!

#Stopbeingpartialonabuse #BNfeministcomeoutandtalk #Saynotoalltypesofabuse #Itsnotonlywomenthatgetabused

NB: I AM A WOMAN!

• Iris

August 29, 2016 at 2:31 pm

I frown on a woman who beats her husband. Physical abuse is not okay whether the perpetrator is a man or woman and I am sure there are many women who think so. I hope you are satisfied.

2. lola

August 29, 2016 at 12:53 pm

So stupid. How can you beat your husband? I’m proud of this man for filing for divorce. Men, do away with societal norms and stop forming strong: if a woman causes bodily harm to you, she can kill you. LEAVE!! Women, if a man causes bodily harm to you, he can kill you. LEAVE. The women are receiving sense and not tolerating abuse nowadays. It’s good. Its the men who need to receive sense and dump abusive spouses.
    Violence is never the answer. Whether you are a man or a woman, transgender or hermaphrodite, if someone who claims to love you puts their hands on you, RECEIVE SENSE AND LEAVE!

3. Prince

August 29, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Its a seed oga. You called it her car that means she can do whatever she pleases with it

• Bodunade

August 29, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Zombie statement. Next time think before you talk

4. tunmi

August 29, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Life is short man, hopefully the divorce is granted

5. Corolla

August 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Women beating men, men beating women, women inflicting injury on step kids and domestic help, men chaining and starving their kids! I am tired of all these domestic violence stories. Like, can’t people just keep their hands to themselves?

6. Simi

August 29, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Tah! When did we start this culture of domestic violence all around or is it that cases were largely unreported?