News

ONGA presents #MamaOnga! #MamasHelpingHand in the Kitchen and in Life

Some things never get old, the saying ‘’the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’’ is definitely one of those. Onga’s new video showcases #MamaOnga who serves as a helping hand in the kitchen and demonstrates that there are no cooking stereotypes, anyone can become a huge success in the kitchen and win the love and affection of loved ones with the help of Onga.

#MamaOnga is every modern day woman’s best friend. A helper in the kitchen, and in life. She exudes confidence in everything she does, she is a confidant, a friend, and the go-to person for all matters of life. She understands the importance of culture and tradition and never ceases to pass the message to all our followers.

ONGA – Mama’s Helping Hand was launched into the Nigerian market as a powdered seasoning brand in July 2004 as part of a business development/growth strategy in Promasidor Nigeria. The brand pioneered the powdered seasoning market in the Nigerian market and has since dominated the category with its three powdered seasoning variants – Onga Chicken, Onga Stew and Onga Classic.

Recently, the brand was launched in cube formats of two variants Onga Cube and Onga Chicken cubes which are available in 4g cubes each.

Follow and learn more from #MamaOnga online at www.facebook.com/OngaNigeria

Watch the full #MamaOnga video at: https://youtu.be/bv9tjmsjRCw

____________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. Bee

August 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm

I have a problem with Onga’s campaign. I get it, in Nigeria, women predominantly do the cooking. But why propagate that stereotype? What about a woman who wants to cook for herself, rather than because “the stomach is the way to a man’s heart?” Not everything women do is for men, but this campaign indirectly makes it seem so. If she’s single, then she’s cooking so that she can get into her man’s heart. If she’s married, then she’s cooking so that her husband will be happy with her.
    Is this really all there is to women?

• Tee

August 1, 2016 at 11:43 pm

But its not only ONGA now, 99% of all the seasoning brands out there preach the same message.
      Just the way, they usually use men to advertise alcohol, it doesnt mean women too don’t drink. It’s just the law of natural acceptance I suppose. I don’t think this is a gender equality issue.

2. ..now

August 2, 2016 at 10:41 am

But Onga your Onga cubes are ssooooooooooooooooooooo scarce. it’s only the chicken cubes I’ve seen in the largest supermarkets for the past 6 months. Just say you’ve discontinued the line and I’ll just move to another brand. Why lie?

• Onga Nigeria

August 4, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Hi , thank you for the feedback and patronage. No, we have not discontinued the Onga cube line, we would not do that.

Onga cubes are still very much available, please try visiting other stores in your neighbourhood.

3. Kris Fortune

November 16, 2016 at 10:39 am

Please what is said at the end of the current Onga tv ad that sounds like ieeehe-eeh. Everyone else in my house thinks it says sieesi

4. Ezekiel Donald

December 5, 2017 at 5:46 am

Well am not married but i must confess something,am the first born of my parent they always want me to consume much food but with my little stomach i cannot,my siblings consume more than i do.But with ONGA i consume more than every one in the house,they are scared of my consumption in the house.I thank God for onga cause it makes me to eat to my satisfaction.i love onga and love you all.To the onga producers i do supply GINGER at a lesser price both fresh and dried ones.these are some details about me my name is Donald Ezekiel i live in kaduna kachia local government 08022639712 is my phone number and [email protected] is my email address thanks to mama onga