The #Emilinks #MyDoorStory N3,ooo,ooo Giveaway is still on and each day for the past 13 days, 10 lucky people have gotten N10,ooo for sharing photos of doors and the importance of the doors. More winners will be picked before the end of the month!
You can catch up with the previous days of the Giveaway here.
Thank you so much for participating as we love the creative turn your short stories are taking and your creative photos. Please keep sending them in, it might be your turn to win today!
This week we are switching things up and instead of sharing a photo of your beautiful strong doors, we want to hear about the bad doors you have encountered and also see the “bad” doors. So get snapping!
Emilinks is a global manufacturer of world-class finishing and furnishing products such as doors, beds, kitchens, dining sets, wardrobes and shelves for homes, offices, hotels, royal palaces, presidential lodge, honeymoon suites and luxury villas. Emilinks uses a variety of innovative techniques blended with exclusive designs to build premium quality products.
With a record of excellence in all areas, Emilinks wants to empower Nigerians over the next 17 days!
MD/CEO of Emilinks Limited, Solomon E. Nwadiogbu, a very patriotic Nigerian is standing his ground to see that fake and substandard products are totally eliminated in Nigeria. He pioneered a campaign to eliminate fake and substandard products by crashing the prices of doors, wardrobes, kitchens and other furniture products in Nigeria.
We may have realized that doors play a huge part in our everyday lives. Ever wondered why there are so many philosophical sayings which include “Doors”, now is your time to reflect on the role doors play in your life and the disadvantage of having bad doors!
How to participate in the N3,000,000 Giveaway
- Take a clear photo of yourself featuring a really bad or substandard door
- Share a story about bad and substandard doors and their disadvantages in your home and/or the society
- We are looking out for creative, interesting, inspiring, intellectual and funny stories!
- Creatively linking in the Emilinks brand will be a plus. The key word is CREATIVE.
- Submit your entry via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or on www.bellanaija.com/tag/emilinks
- For entries on BN, simply leave a comment on the post of the day. e.g Day 8
- Remember to add the hashtags #Emilinks and #MyDoorStory to your post on social media or comment on BN
- Unfortunately, we cannot view social media entries via private accounts and DMs will not be accepted
- 10 winners will be selected daily to win N10,000
- Enter each day!
Abbreviated Terms & Conditions
Participants can enter as many times as possible
Entries reset each day at 10AM West African Time, therefore a new entry is required each day
10 Winners will be Chosen per Day
For social media entries, no Direct Messages permitted, only via Open/Public pages
For entries on BellaNaija, ensure you include an active email address in the email box
Winners will be chosen by an in-house judging panel
Assessment will be based on the photo and/or the story
Participants can only win ONCE during the 30 Day period
There is no entry fee for participation
Participants must be over 18 years old at time of entry
Winners can be based worldwide, however, MUST have a valid Nigerian bank account
Money will be paid via local bank transfer
For due diligence, list of participants names confirmed via bank account will be kept on record
List of winners’ social media handles and BN usernames will be published
Winners are encouraged to share news of their win via social media
Here’s the list of our 10 lucky winners! You will be contacted today
Post on BN:
1) Chinwe – #Emilinks # My Door Story # Day 13 # Bellanaija
Having a good door is not just about security, bad doors can cause harms that will leave a lasting scar in our minds.
I work in a hospital and this contest made me remember 25th December 2015, the door leading to the ICU back door, was broken and for logistics reason was billed to be replaced in January.
A child of 4 years came with his mother who was in labour, the pains made the woman not to take notice of when the boy left.
We heard shouts and running to the ICU section where d sound came from, we saw a little boy bleeding from the left eye and jaw, the door had cut him deeply. We had to do an emergency surgery on him.
His parents sued us for damages because the scar from the surgery will always remain visible on his face.
We lost money and some patients who saw what happened vowed never to patronise us again.
The doors were changed that same day and we would have averted this if only we had EMILINKS door from inception.
#Thank you EMILINKS for saving lives
# EMILINKS, simply the best
2) bibie – Thank you emilinks] and bella naija for taking me down memory lane . lol . I remember a typical bad door ordeal.. My room mate had this guy she has dated for years.. And on this fateful day, he called her and told her they will b having a dinner date he made arrangements for a car to pick her up. My roomie and I were very excited cos we only see things like that in the movies. We used our last bucks to go shopping cos she had to look spectacular. After all the fussing about, she was ready. I had done her makeup and her hair and I couldn’t wait for the gist of how it all went down. The car came and she was ready to leave, I saw her off to door,as she was about walking through the open door, her dress got caught on one of the many nails comin out of our door and it tore the beautiful red dress. Wev bin asked to fix that door for a while or get a new one but we were just nonchalant about it. My roomie bursted into tears. I calmed her down and tried to look for a solution to the dress. It took us an hour to find a way out. Well I guess the boyfriend was tired of waiting and calling so he jst came home and proposed to my roomie in the room.. Lol. Yea he had arranged a romantic proposal but she missed out on it. It hurt her so much, thanx to our silly door. I felt really bad. But thank God he got to hear of emilinks doors from a friend and surprised us with a door from them. Its bin awesome since then. No torn clothes, no missed surprises lol.. Thank you emilinks for affordable quality.
3) Annastasia E. – The embarrassing story of my door. There’s this guy in school have been crushing on. We were able to meet one day and we started talking, that’s how we became friends. One day I invited him over to my house,and he accepted. I was very happy.i tidied up my house one would think I was expecting royalty. On the fateful day he was to come, I prepared food, freshened up and donned on my best wear.. I just had to look good. Finally. I heard a knock on the door, it was him I guess, I rushed to open for him and usher him in. In my excited state, I tripped and in my struggle to find balance, I pushed him causing his shirt to be caught by a rusted nail on my door. It even got him injured and tore his shirt. I was so mortified. But, he being a gentleman just overlooked it, and advised me to get a quality door, he then told me about Emilinks and how they produce the best doors. Later that night, I had to Google search Emilinks, cuz I just couldn’t get the event out of my head. The rusted nail on my door tried to spoil my date, but it didn’t work. I won’t give it a chance to happen again because am getting a certified door from Emilinks… #mydoorstory #Emilinks#Day13 #Bellanaija
4) Usman I. #Emilinks and #MyDoorStory#DAY13#
YOU KNOW WHAT? No matter who you are, what you studied, what your profession is, if you keep a bad door for too long, you will surely turn a CARPENTER. No doubt.
I’m a 200level law student in a Nigerian University, but its sadden that am gradually turning to a carpenter in practice. March 2016, me, my mum and my two younger sisters moved into our newly rented apartment. Every structure seems to be ok except our KITCHEN’s DOOR.
Its so horrible, though the agent claimed it was supplied not long ago, but no doubt, such a substandard door would not have been supplied by a global manufacturer of world-class finishing doors like #Emilinks. I can’t believed we paid so high for such house with substandard set of doors.
Honestly, it is an unbearable situation. After several failed attempts by the agent to fist it, and my mum insisted she won’t buy another door for a rented apartment without hope of refund, then me as the only man of the house, I decided to fist it, though I never knew it could be so tasking and frequent.
The funniest thing is, every time I fist it, I go through a whole lot of stress, and sleep at night with pains but its unfortunate that, the door won’t even last for 2 weeks and it will be down again.
There are several occasions when the door has wasted our resources by falling on our cooking gas and threw away our food. Most times we have to start the cooking afresh again and again.
To me, I’m a law student in school, but a carpenter at home. How I wished the landlord had used an Emilinks door. That would have saved us the wastages and save me of the stress.
5) Ekep O. – day13 # mydoorstory
Yes truly they say a stitch in time saves nine. I moved into a new apartment three years ago. When I got the apartment my first bad impression about the house was the front door because it wasn’t strong but the landlord promised to change it. Ever since then it has been like that, until last year my family and I traveled to the village as soon as we got there we did not even spend up to three days before my neighbor called me and told me burglars broke into my home and because I refused installing # emilinks the only Nigeria quality door they were able to use knife to cut through your door and was able to get access to your house. I became scared and traveled back home the next day and found out alot has been stolen, maybe I should not have waited for my landlord now I have Learnt my lesson that a stitch in time saves nine. Thanks to @bellanaijaonline #emilinks for making me aware of their quality door
6) @Khaleed_ng – @bellanaija Doors like this do not guarantee safety in any house ,use #Emilinks doors 2day and be safe #MyDoorStory
8) because_im_franky_lambert – #inst10 Please, tell me this door doesn’t discourage you :$. Well, that’s the door my course rep lives behind. One fateful saturday, I went to pick my textbook from him. on entering I heard overlapped chats and complains and it was about how they were robbed, I took pity on them as I saw their doors. They were worse or the same as that on my photo.
He bitterly complained about how the mosquitoes, loud songs, rodents disturb them and how high their fence was and the how they took turns in checking if the compound gate was locked before going to bed, yet everyone of them was robbed. I asked “if they were securing the compound or the lives in the building?”. I told him about #Emilinksdoors and how sound and security worthy their doors are. I advised, since he was the lodge president, he’s in a better position to agitate for a change of doors, while other tenants join the bid.
I thought he didn’t take hid to my advice o. I was surprised and almost laughed my lungs out when I listened to their testimonies concerning #Emilinks. Not only did the landlord change the doors to #EmilinksDoors , he changed the lodge name from “swagger lodge”, to #Emilinks villa. #ClearsThroat #emilinks na you biko :d #Emilinks #MyDoorStory @bellanaijaonline #day12
9) @klasic_bee – Day 13… “Thank you class” the lecturer says; at 14:00. “You all be back at 16:00 for your test and u ll b damned if u come a minute late”.
Rushing straight to my hostel, gosh I was so hungry, let me just make lunch and get back I told myself. On getting to my room, wow RELIEF!*removes shirt* FOOD! So I set out next to use the toilet so that this food go “go well”? and then *bamn* I heard! wat happened, my door had shut because of some wind and my God, I was *not well dressed*I was hungry like mad*my phone was locked in too*I had a test in some minutes time*
What sort of over sabi door is this? To lock me out at this time and at this point. I had to look for any male classmate of mine who broke the damn lock and thank God I got back to class in time although still on an empty stomach??. If it were an #emilinks door, with good reliable locks, am sure it would v been a better story. #emilinks #MyDoorStory @bellanaijaonline
10) feyisayooyewole – @bellanaijaonline #mydoorstory #emilinks ……….Oh my terible bad door
On that faithful friday night my mother and my siblings were preparing to go to church for a night vigil.
My mom asked me if i was interested in going but you know that moment when the devil want to set you up.she asked why i was just giving her flimpsy excuses like you know mom i had a very long and stressful day and am so tired So So i can’t hummmhh she knew i was not interested then she left with my siblings.
Then, i went to lock the door i looked at it again to be sure its adequately closed.The night came so quick and i fall alseep so fast inorder for me to leave my worries behind that i am home alone.
Then the unexpected happened at exactly 12am i heard(ke ke ke) i was sacred and troubled then i concluded that the Gun men are around,the sound continued and so many thought ran through my mind oh my God!! my valuables,my body am in trouble.
The sound continued then i surmound the courage to go and challenge whoever is terrorizing me,i walked slowly to the door,i saw that the bolt was still locked but loosing up gradually.
I shouted loud who are you? Nobody answered, i said it again and again but no response then i pushed back the spirit of fear and decided to face the bastard disturbing my peace.
Lo and behold You won’t believe what i saw,it was the nature doing it thing,the force of the wind that was hiting the door made that terible sound.
I should have known but all windows was locked oohhh!!!! how stupid i was to fall into the trap of my terible bad door.
Ahaa,my terible bad door…..