BN TV

Want to know the Secret to Bishop David Oyedepo’s Success? Watch this Short Documentary about his Life on BN TV

Bishop (Dr.) David O. Oyedepo shares the story of his life where he tells the story of his first church and his inspiring reading habits.

He explains the value of reading in his life and the value of putting in efforts at a young age.

For those who don’t know, here’s a little on his background:

Bishop David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, preacher, the founder and presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church World Wide, also known as Winners’ Chapel, and its affiliated international churches known as Winners Chapel International, with headquarters in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. Oyedepo is the senior pastor of Faith Tabernacle, a 50,000 seat church auditorium, reported to be the largest church auditorium in the world by the Guinness Book of Records.

The Winners’ Chapel network of churches is located in over 300 cities, in all states of Nigeria, as well as, in several cities in 45 African nations, Dubai, the United Kingdom and the United States. Oyedepo has been seen as one of the pioneers of the Christian charismatic movement in Africa and has been referred to as one of the most powerful preachers in Nigeria. He is the Chancellor of Covenant University and Landmark University.

Watch it here:

1. Ima

August 1, 2016 at 8:17 pm

God bless you Sir! Before I joined this church I never understood their teachers, I joined the rest of ignorant Nigerians to say he and his pastors extort ( God forgive me) but one day I just casually strolled in after much persuasion from my house mate and my life changed forever, I attended the bible school and never in my life have I understood God’s word and Christianity. I discovered my heritage in Christ and my covenant with God and prosperity, I understood why I can have divine health, I understood faith (oh this changed my life), I understood forgiveness, I understood the essence of giving ( this topic needs to be clearly taught to most Christians so they don’t give blindly and ‘wrongly’) in fact I can’t say my full testimony but I thank God he saved my soul anew. Am only concerned coz Cannan land is far from where am currently staying in Lagos but not to worry I attend Daystar when I can’t make it to Winners and am just as blessed.

2. lacey

August 1, 2016 at 9:11 pm

This man is so profound! I use to criticize him until I met graduates from Covenant University here in the US who were groomed not just academically but in the things of God! Sir you are so right! We must continue to explore and know our calling and thrive where God has called us, so not to live an unfulfilled life! He had a very humble beginning by building for God and that Lamp was the word of God that he would propagate globally! God’s wealth only maketh rich and addeth no sorrow!I receive the light continually upon my life in Jesus Name ! Amen!!!
    There is nothing compared to fufilling and living out your purpose in life through the power of the Holy Ghost!!!

3. Billionaire in grace

August 1, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Wonderful and inspiring

4. Bev

August 1, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Yesssss

5. bruno

August 1, 2016 at 10:29 pm

“bishop (Dr.)”

when did he put the Dr. in his name? and who made him a bishop. I thought its only the pope that can make someone a bishop. and why bishop sef? he should have put pope.

this man that gave a litle girl thunderous slaps and accused her of witchcraft. he also shouted “do u know who I am” after slapping the girl
    bellanaija feminists where are u people or are u hiding. cause I know u people are two faced and spineless and very partial.

he is worth 180 million dollars, how did he do it? many of u will say it is GOd but the intelligent enlightened ones know how he really got the money. nigerians opens ur eyes. this man has a private jet, while most of his memebers trek to his church on sunday.

• Ijeoma

August 1, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Run along troll…

• Ijeoma

August 1, 2016 at 11:11 pm

This is for bruno

• Femi

August 2, 2016 at 12:20 am

You open ur eyes and ears. Listen to his biography, learn and grow. Stop being a hater and an ignorant.

• IL

August 2, 2016 at 8:16 am

Ignorance is definitely not bliss. Enlighten yourself!

• Ej

August 2, 2016 at 8:51 am

You must really be foolish to type this, you think you’re soo wise abi? So you think the people trekking to the church are foolish abi? Besides, if you’re a christian you’ll recall when Jesus Christ himself flogged people out of the temple for buying and selling, in as much as I am not defending what he did but you must understand that like you and I, he is human and is bound to make irrational mistakes, it’s not like it’s a regular occurence in his church, or its not like he beats up his wife and fellow members, the lady blasphemed and touched the most sensitive part of his heart, she boldly repeated that she is a witch and she is a witch for Jesus. Stop acting blindly because you are upset with his wealth, this man has single handedly sponsored over 500 Nigerians in his universities alone, I mean from start to finish, some full, others partial scholarship, I haven’t even mentioned that of the secondary and primary schools, he has provided close to 10,000 job opportunities nationwide not to wal of worldwide, I haven’t even started talking about his charity organisations and many more. But I guess it’s more convenient for you to sit on your high horse and judge him for a mistake. He teaches practical secrets of the word of God that will work for anyone. I only wish you can allow yourself learn more , you’ll see how far you’ll go in life and by the way, he is a Dr. Coz he has his PHD in theology.

• Truth

August 2, 2016 at 9:04 am

Bruno thank you for speaking the truth and we don’t like to hear. I wish I could like your comment a thousand times.

Shepards that leech their flock and even brag while doing it. Lord have mercy. I have done such “giving” in the past myself o …. but God has delivered me. NO MORE! I say NO MORE!

6. jane

August 2, 2016 at 3:49 am

I feel like saving this message to listen to it over and over again..so inspiring. God bless you Sir

• Nonso

August 2, 2016 at 1:31 pm

I can send it to you via Whatsapp. Kind inbox your number to [email protected] if interested.

7. nunulicious

August 2, 2016 at 4:47 am

I used to deride him and say this man is too proud. I was upset when I saw that the school fees for Covenant University is higher than the average Nigerian can afford.
    Then I read some of his books. PROFOUND.
    Then I met graduates of Covenant Christian University then I understood why education cannot be cheap if you want quality. I discussed with employers who choose graduates of CCU without even interview.
    I engaged with pastors and members of his team and then I realised what a leader is and what it means to be an influencer.

This man is building a legacy that would outlive him and has/is liberating people with insight to Gods word.
    No one is perfect but mehn, you do well.

8. NotReally

August 2, 2016 at 9:28 am

In the 80s/90s I went to a christian school that was funded by the “offerings” of church members in US. They gave their money, time and resources so I could have a chance to have quality education. Because of their giving, my parents were able to pay less for quality education they, and other parents like mine, might not have been able to afford otherwise.

That school has contributed significantly to making me the woman I am today. It taught me to live simply and to cherish ideals and values like integrity and service. It taught me to read the Bible for myself rather than depend entirely on having someone (bishop, pastor, etc) interpret it for me (and possibly confuse me).

Perhaps my experience has contributed to the uncomfortable feelings I have about churches who use the tithes and offerings they collect from members to build “profit making” schools and enterprises which some of their church members cannot afford. It bothers me. It really bothers me.

A few years ago, a friend was researching what profit making venture/business she could embark on. A professional financial consultant advised her to start a school.

I am a christian, but like Bruno the day I watched Mr. Oyedepo slap that young girl….. I was very angry and deeply hurt. How dare he do that to the girl? What happened to that Bible verse that says “we wrestle not against flesh and blood…”?

I once sat in his church in shiloh (the only time I have been there) and I heard him say “….I don’t need your tithe and offering…” I was thinking to myself, how arrogant? After building an empire off people’s sacrificial giving, you now can say you no longer need their money?

Give to the church if you want to but, I often wonder, at what point will churches become accountable to the people that bring their money (and widow’s mite)? At what point will they tell us how much they receive and what they have used the resources for? Will they one day give us a say in how the resources are managed? Is that too fa fetched? Do you know what financial control these people control? People’s money. God does not have a bank account.

For Oyedepo followers that will come and abuse/yab me, I will like to add that NO MAN is perfect. Only God is perfect. Mr. Oyedepo, like us all, is a sinner saved by grace (like he displayed when he slapped that girl). We are all striving towards perfection. Thus, Mr. Oyedepo is not immune from sins and vices like greed and avarice. That is why accountability system are needed to keep such vices in check. Financial resources need to be managed in a transparent manner. If he has nothing to hide, oya open the books….

I have said my own.

• Anon

August 2, 2016 at 10:57 am

Giving you 1 million likes.

• Nully

August 2, 2016 at 3:15 pm

your Opinion does not matter to us. Even Jesus christ was hated. so we dont care what u say, on the Judgement day stand and give account of your life. ok

• Rwen

August 2, 2016 at 3:46 pm

The fact that Jesus was hated does not make every hated person like Jesus!

• When

August 2, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Lol. It goes to show that money means too much to you. You attended Shiloh and you just could not get past the money matter. When the lord of host asked for Isaac as a sacrifice, it was not because he needed him or there were no alternatives, but because the lord wanted to know where his heart was. Even in that time the Rams used were always eaten by the priests family because God does not need the food or money but he wants those that serve him by serving you never to lack. Of the twelve tribes of Israel the tribe of Levi(the tribe of priests) recieved from all the other tribes and served only in the temple. My money was given to me by God through people to be a blessing to my generation, 10% 50% 100% is not enough to tell him thank you.

9. DLP

August 2, 2016 at 9:40 am

I was a very strong critic of Living Faith, until one of their bishop came to our church recently for a program. The man really represented his church well , I was so blessed I cant even forget the message in a long time. Keep it up Living Faith

10. Testimony

August 2, 2016 at 10:07 am

My father! I came across LFC at 20…. I have never being the same spiritually….. I know who I am….. I am a child of God….. I have grown in the word…. I attend a church where God forgive me, my pastor preaches himself most times, arrogant other times….. and well, church entertainment in between…… I miss that undiluted word of God…. where nothing but the scripture is being taught….. I wish we could understand this….. papa, inspired me to search the scriptures for myself, boy! what did I find? Life!…. I attend services at ota to refuel when my fire burns low…..

Let’s not talk about shiloh…. I believe in God, not a church or man…. that’s wat my father teaches….. I am proud of his commitment to God and humanity….. I am thankful for his wife, sons and daughters….. I am thankful for fellow winners, my spiritual brothers and sisters… I am thankful for the humility I hav learnt from my father Bishop Abioye….. we see for real that there is always a blessing in being no 2 also….. oh what a blessing to my generation…. am glad to be alive at this time……

• George

October 3, 2019 at 11:10 am

I really appreciate this

11. I am a winner..... I will testify because I need to breakout and forth

August 2, 2016 at 10:27 am

I love their intense passion for soul winning. … it is infectious!! Remember wat jesus did at the temple, when people desecrated it with monetization. …… he was livid and upturned their table… flogging them with weeps…..

David insulted the philistine. Goliath for mocking his God…. bishop slapped a woman who came to blaspheme his God…. there is nothing like a ‘witch for Jesus’…. I have never seen it in the scriptures…. I have seen a bishop, I have seen deacons, prophets etc, not that…… witches are associated with darkness….

my God is the father of light, in whom there is no shadow of turning, from whom all good tins come…..jesus is the first born of that heritage,he (jesus) has called us brethren, joint heirs with the son….. because of this hope we have in him, we are bold….. let us rationalise with the light of scriptues…. all I have written can be found in the bible……

Hence, I would be mad if someone said they were wat my father has not said they are….. also if they attach my fathers name to it…. I will be livid….

You can be a joint heir todae….. come to jesus…. be saved…. he died for yu….. a relationship with him is sweeter than any other yu can think of….

Jesus is lord

• Rwen

August 2, 2016 at 1:19 pm

If you were the one at the receiving end of that slap, I am sure you would interpret all these scriptures you are referring to very differently. Go on youtube and watch the slap again. How would you have felt if it was you?

• Fraudulent Commenter Alert!

August 2, 2016 at 2:08 pm

@I am a winner….

You do realize that we know you’re the same as Testimony. And Grace. And Ann and Heaven only knows what other name you intend to come up with.

Why do you feel the need to appear as many people speaking to hype one man? Are you legion?
      Smh.

12. Grace

August 2, 2016 at 10:39 am

This is a powerful video…..I can see responsibility. …. we are on it sir

13. Grace

August 2, 2016 at 10:40 am

You will here name sir. …. yu will speak of me

14. Ann

August 2, 2016 at 10:43 am

Daddy mi, teacher mi, prophet mi, bishop mi…… I must make heaven at last….. ah! Heaven go sweet o…. thank yu Jesus for being God….. champion if heaven I salute yu

15. oluwadehbey

August 2, 2016 at 11:51 am

bruno you don’t need this,stop being a hater..that is why some people don’t move to another level of glory.. Have found the LIGHT and JESUS is the light..From Glory to Glory..

16. Prince

August 2, 2016 at 11:55 am

When some of these men of God started preaching and trekking from one village to the other, risking it all, most of you were not born and those that were born among you was dancing “IF YOU SEE MAMIWATA”
    Never in your life criticize men of God especially those that You know that their results and achievement could only be by GOD.
    You can’t argue with results. I’m not a member of Living Faith but I respect the office that Bishop Oyedepo occupies and i reverence the anointing upon his life.

• Rwen

August 2, 2016 at 12:35 pm

@Prince, since you would not criticise men of God then you should not criticise others also. Only God knows those that are His. “Results and achievements” are not always of God. Men of God are HUMAN and can be criticised like everyone else. They are not GOD.

17. Ayo Adiat

August 2, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Wonderful inspiring video. This is just a teaser. Join us at canaanland from this evening till Saturday for youth alive convention

18. Nully

August 2, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Join us tonight for youth Alive Convention at any living faith church close to you. time 8pm to 10pm evening session. 8am to 11am morning session. come and be bless. Jesus is lord.

19. DEEDEE

August 2, 2016 at 6:02 pm

There is a reason why the bible says @touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm”.. – chronicles 16:21-22

Zec 2:8 -9
    For thus says the LORD of hosts, “After glory He has sent me against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye. 9″For behold, I will wave My hand over them so that they will be plunder for their slaves. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me.…”
    both verses need no indepth explanation and if you doubt it say it and wait for it … as GOD’s word are true and like a two edge sharped hammer….

I see people carelessly judging people, especially men of GOD…. i.e Prophets ..
    GOD has two sides.. the Loving,/forgiving part and the wrath….where the devil and his agents and judgemental folks face….. Now if it’s written and you’re indeed a christain and still slander these folks i suggest you go back and read the bible to get understanding… cos you are also men and women of GOD and have the capacity , hence,, go out and preach the gospel.. don’t exempt yourselves and focus on just pastors, bishops,etc….
    but no, some of you are too lazy to find out but instead you bash cos you have little knowledge… .. i read a comment from above saying , ” some of us who are intelligent know how he got it… “That same bible that “some of the us /alias intelligent’ will also tell all ye intelligent on how you how to( the intelligent, yet probably broke, bashing via bella naija that has given you an opportunity to speak with the right knowledge and not critize what u really do not know , yet feeling exempted as per intelligent) be as wealthy as him even more if you apply to the Principles of the Kingdom of GOD on how to reign on earth…
    Mr/miss/mrs intelligent do you know that you are the light of the world and the salt of the earth, a city set high…. yo uare not allowed to call your self intelligent and be mediocre are you aware … that you are to reign and conquer earth… You are to win souls, break boundaries with the word of GOD, accept Jesus as your lord and saviour(to make heaven).. but no you are too intelligent not to know that..

please get out of religion(Man made, man rules that makes you think that you should be perfect and if you aint they make you think GOD will punish you, or if you are not perfect you recite a poem and a man says you are forgiving.. or do confirmation b4 you are fully in church… IT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE.. GOD knows youre imperfect.. so please kindly go back read the bible and get light , personal knowledge b4 you bash these folks…ie Adeboyes/ oyedepo’s etc

GOD employed these men of GOD and most men of GOD that have pratical examples to show… you can’t simply say people are that ignorant to be convinced that the GOD they serve and the teachings they hear from these men don’t work.. cos they work….when you apply the convenant principles of the kingdom of GOD it will work for you and it has nothing to do with decieving people or collecting from the poor…
    where JESUS Preached there were multitudes, and not just during the loaves and fishes teaching.. every where he went there were multitudes with healings, breakthroughs etc.. IF IT WASNT THE TRUTH.. why then will people flock to hear these messages..

another comment said is the Pope not the only one 2 assign someone as a bishop… You claim that is the only one that can make someone a bishop…(Religion).who said so… IS IT IN THE BIBLE?.where ?. what verse etc… again RELIGION.
    if you want to also find out how he became a bishop and doctor.. I’m sure there is an authobiography and a scriputure, verse, via works etc… if the video from above is not convincing enough…..

if you don’t do churches or do not belive…. (The right )Knowledge they say is power..cos we all know the wrong knowledge leads to destruction… YOU can always read and know about it and not just sit on your pc and judge…. . we need to start thinking before we write or comment.. but no too many intelligent folks that can’t be bothered to do so…
    “””””My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.””” – HOSEA 4:6 ””

Peace, love & GOD bless.

20. deedee

August 2, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Zec 2:8 -9

I see people carelessly judging people, especially men of GOD…. i.e Prophets ..

Peace, love & GOD bless.

21. Vanessa

August 2, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Thanks You Deedee!!!!

22. sam

September 30, 2016 at 12:14 am

God bless U my PAPA, I am addicted follower of Him. Ask urself who am I following? Be ye follower of me as I am a follower of Christ. ..be ye follower of them who through faith and patience obtain the promise. peace!