News

28-year-old Fashion Designer Reportedly Caught Assaulting Neighbour’s 2-year-old Daughter in Lagos

BellaNaija.com

The Suspect, Ituah

The Suspect, Ituah

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 28-year-old fashion designer, identified only as Ituah, for allegedly assaulting a 2-year-old girl sexually in the Oshodi area of the state.

According to PUNCH, the incident occurred last Sunday at about 5PM inside Ituah’s shop in front of the victim’s house.

The victim’s mother, identified only as Mrs. Ajibade, said she left the toddler at the corridor of her apartment and went to use the toilet when the incident occurred.

“It was around 5pm on Sunday that the incident happened. We live in a ‘face-me-I-face-you ‘house. The suspect has a shop in front of our house.

I went to the toilet and returned without seeing my daughter in the corridor. I had left her in the corridor because I did not want her to play with electric sockets in the house.

When I came back, I could not find her. I did not know she was with the fashion designer. When my girl was brought from the shop, she just pointed to her private parts and cried, ‘Ituah, Ituah’.

That was how I examined her pants and discovered that she had been raped.

We were at the Mirabel Centre on Monday for a checkup. She is gradually responding to treatment.

The report stated that a neighbour caught Ituah while he was allegedly raping the victim – who was said to have gone to play with him – and raised alarm.

The matter was brought to the attention of a non-governmental organisation in the area, Child Protection Network (CPN), and their involvement facilitated the suspect’s movement to the police station.

The CPN coordinator in the Oshodi area, Ebenezer Omejalile, said the suspect confessed to have inserted his fingers into the two-year-old’s private parts, but denied raping her.

“The suspect denied having an intercourse with the girl. He was the only one in the shop. He later told the girl’s mother that he only inserted his fingers into the girl’s private parts.

The shop is closed down as we speak. The suspect has been moved from the division to the command headquarters,” he said

“He (Ituah) is in custody at the gender unit of the command headquarters. Investigation is ongoing into the matter,” said SP Dolapo Badmos, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, when contacted for confirmation.

Photo Credit: PUNCH

1. keke driver

September 2, 2016 at 11:41 am

Oloshi ni boy yi ke…..can you imagine? “he ONLY inserted his fingers into the girl’s private parts”?? Did the rubbish guy just say ONLY?? What is wrong with “us” (Nigerians)

• Authentic Sunshine

September 2, 2016 at 5:38 pm

This has got to stop. It’s fast becoming an epidermic. Today it’s some stranger, tomorrow it could be you. Where are the lawmakers. Please rise to this ocassion. It’s our helpless younger generation. We need tougher sentences for these depraved psychopaths.

2. i love my husband

September 2, 2016 at 11:45 am

this is why I hate Nigeria..what stupid investigation are they doing, this man fingered a 2 year old, his finger and penis should be cut off and roasted for the dogs….simple. I wont be surprised if this man goes scot free and then the cycle continues..yet they can make drama over a man that named his dog Buhari but still investigating this …argggghhhhhh. iTS HIGH TIME we made castration the penalty for rape especially rape of minors, it will teach other rapists a good lesson

• tunmi

September 2, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Calm down. No one is going scot free. The way una dey vex for Naija sef. Did we have the Mirabel Centre 10 years ago? Did we even have a gender unit? An investigation still needs to be done, it’s protocol. The guy has rights (believe it or not).

• Anonymous

September 2, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Look at this one. Do you know that less than 30 people have ever been imprisoned in Nigeria for rape? Go to any prisons, check the records. People should vex way more for goodness sake. If You were the one whose child was raped hope you’ll calm down. Ode

*ps the Mirabel center is on the brink of closing down due to no funding.
      So shut the hell up and go where people don’t vex

3. Kim

September 2, 2016 at 11:49 am

Sickening, sick people everywhere.

4. Chi

September 2, 2016 at 11:55 am

Another sexual assault!
    God hv mercy

5. Xristybabes

September 2, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Even the child’s mother is crying that they dont want to press charges??????OMG for real madam???justice must prevail for the sake of other kids around.

6. AceOfSpades

September 2, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Like what is pleasurable in a 2 year old???? What gan gan is giving you pleasure on that? You don’t have 1k to go to a brothel? Na wah o
    I think feminists and all should focus on the northern part of Nigeria. I was in Katsina last week and girls as young as 13 feel it’s right to already have husband and kids at that age!

One WOMAN I gave some cash was willing to give me her 13 year old kid as a bride gift. Imagine??? 13! The girl too was all smiles and ready.

• Darius

September 2, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Why not stick to the topic under discussion: the brutal sexual assault of a 2yr old girl. Must you denigrate an entire region to prove a point? So feminists should leave cases of rape committed in other parts of the country and focus on early marriage in the North? As if rape is a lesser evil. Agbaya!

• Nope

September 2, 2016 at 1:58 pm

No feminists should train their lenses on every region in Nigeria. There is sickness in the land.

7. bree

September 2, 2016 at 12:56 pm

lmao @ace of spade…i lived in niger state, my mum is still there sef, teenage marriage is a norm there na, like a family with female children is rich, don’t bother.

8. Corolla

September 2, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Sigh! This is sickening. I have no words!

9. Me

September 2, 2016 at 1:22 pm

All men are suspect,Mothers behold your daughters.

10. Nahum

September 2, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Me I support jungle justice in this case o. And the mother is very stupid, what do you mean you don’t want to pursue charges? What about other children?

11. tunmi

September 2, 2016 at 2:28 pm

It’s fellow Nigerians that truly don’t like each other. “The suspect’s family members are putting pressure on us. We do not want any case on the matter,” she said.” That family members of this guy can open mouth in defense of this guy is sickening.

12. Drew

September 2, 2016 at 3:23 pm

That mother is a different breed of human. As a mum of girls all under 3 years, I would have chewed this idiot with my bare teeth until there’s no flesh on his miserable skeleton. Mums,especially of girls must be extra cautious during these end days. Loads of creatures walking around appearing as humans are monsters!!!

13. Simi

September 2, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Excuse me while I go throw up. What nonsense!!!! How is a full grown man aroused by any part of a 2 year old. A TWO YEAR OLD!!!!!

14. MURDER

September 2, 2016 at 3:47 pm

THAT’S THE DAY I WILL COMMIT MURDER. COS THE GUY WONT WALK FREE…..

• murder ni

September 2, 2016 at 5:41 pm

dont trust anyone with your child- brothers uncles driver.. whoever – in fact even some fathers are capable sef – have eyes everywhere.. – no one loves your child like you..

• Ngozi

September 3, 2016 at 1:04 am

Even some mothers are also capable, I have seen it

15. Prince

September 2, 2016 at 4:15 pm

See the idiot teeth like vampire.

16. Tasha

September 2, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Pedophile!!! I wonder what pleasure he derived from doing such a wicked act. Lord have mercy,but not on him 🙁

17. mulikat

September 4, 2016 at 9:19 am

He said just finger, pls cut that finger away plus joy sick,is danger to kids any where he live.

18. beauty

September 5, 2016 at 9:45 am

nonsense so this guy no see all this free girls to pay and enter, him the craze . see how him no get sense chia.