News

Family Demands Justice For Rape Victim Who Was Allegedly Forced to Take Indian Hemp Before She Was Raped

BellaNaija.com

The victim after the attack

The victim after the attack

A 23-year-old who was just returning from her aunt’s stall at about 10PM on August 28, 2016, met with what is likely to be the worst experience of her life at 106, Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, around Pako Bus Stop.

According to PUNCH, she was allegedly given Indian Hemp to smoke by some men before they went ahead to rape her.

The victim’s aunt said: “I told her to wait so we could pack up together later in the evening. She did. But around 9.30PM when I was still not ready, she said she would go home. She had been sick, so, I thought it was better. Some minutes after 10PM, I packed up and left.”

However, when she got home, she was told that the victim had not yet returned.

This prompted the family to start a search for her.

While searching the streets, her two brothers found her at the scene of the incident with large patches of blood behind and in front of the skirt she was wearing.

“Her slippers were all torn, the dress she was wearing was heavy with blood. She was unsteady on her feet. She could hardly stand up,” one of them said.

Her brother told PUNCH that when he became frantic and started asking what happened to her, she could hardly talk.

“She said some men raped her. Two men now came out of the front of the house where I found her. One asked me what I was shouting about. He said, ‘Because she was raped, is that why you will not let people ‘hear word’? Is she the first person that will be raped here? After all, I gave her Igbo (hemp) and she took it.’

I was shocked. I could not believe that he had the confidence to tell me he was even the one who gave her Indian hemp. My sister said they forced her to take the Indian hemp and two of them raped her on a chair in front of a shop,” the victim’s brother said.

The victim told her family that the suspects grabbed her as she crossed the road, covered her mouth, took her to house number 106, and forced her to take Indian hemp three times before they raping her on a chair.

The two men who allegedly raped her were later identified as Wasiu and Monaco, the names they are popularly known by on the street, while the man who boasted of being the one who gave her the Indian hemp was identified as Olanrewaju Osinubi.

The victim’s brother said that while he argued with the man who came out, other men came out of the house and threatened to beat him up if he did not leave with his sister.

“While we were arguing there, I luckily saw a patrol van of policemen from the Dopemu Police Division passing by and I quickly approached them and explained how my sister was raped.

The policemen came down from their vehicle and because the crowd of boys in front of the house were threatening, one of the policemen cocked his gun and they all fled.

But, I immediately grabbed the one who said he gave her Indian hemp to smoke (Osinubi) before he could escape. The police took him and we all went to the station,” he said.

Wasiu and Monaco are currently on the run.

While at the station, it was learnt that the victim continued to bleed heavily as everywhere she sat was soaked with blood.

The police asked the family to take her to the Mirabel Sexual Assault Referral Centre for treatment that night.

When they got there at about 12:30AM, the centre was already closed. They were then told to take her to Ifako General Hospital, by officials at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, where the centre is located.

The officials said sexual assault cases are also treated there.

After the initial treatment there, the victim was again referred to the Mirabel Centre the following day where she was eventually given comprehensive treatment.

It is unclear whether the centre has sent the report of tests conducted on Judith back to the police as is usually the practice.

The victim’s brother told PUNCH that they became as bystanders the following day at the police station.

“Before we knew what was happening, a man had come and said he was the lawyer of the one that was arrested (Osinubi). I was shocked when the suspect and his lawyer demanded that the case be transferred to the Isokoko Police Division, Agege, instead. We who were the complainant had no say in the matter,” he said.

The case was eventually transferred to Isokoko and two female police officers were detached to follow the victim’s family home.

Again, the family said they were shocked when they got home and the officers told the victim to take them to where the incident occurred.

“She was sleeping when they came. She was still in a terrible state. The police brought the suspect to our home and told us to wake her up so that she could take them to where it happened. It was so ridiculous that they could make her go through that at that point. I was angry but we eventually agreed,” the victim’s brother said.

The victim’s aunt, who followed them to the scene of the attack, said they asked her (victim) to point to where it happened and she did.

“She showed them the place and even the chair on which she was raped. It was very wet as they had just washed off all the blood,” the woman said.

The family said the police, on Friday, September 2, only charged Osinubi to court for obstructing police work.

They said that with the way the police is handling the case, they fear that the victim might never get any justice.

The Lagos State Police Command spokesperson, SP Dolapo Badmos, when contacted, did not pick calls to her line.

The family approached an activist, Esther Ogwu of the Esther Child Rights Foundation, who said she has notified the Sexual Assault department of the Lagos State Ministry of Justice about the case.

“We expect that an urgent step would now be taken on this matter. This is not a case that the police should even think of sweeping under the carpet.

This case is not just about her, it is about other young women and girls who are in danger as long as those men are still on the loose. But I do not think the police have realised how terrible it must be for the victim that she may not get justice,” she said.

1. Ify

September 10, 2016 at 9:54 am

Those creatures will suffer both on earth and in the afterlife. Rubbish. And they call themselves men.

2. Prince

September 10, 2016 at 9:56 am

Nigeria Police is the worst in the world. How far with those chics that were assaulted at a club in Lekki

3. Baby gurl

September 10, 2016 at 10:00 am

This is not right. Unfortunately this may be swept under the carpet like the other gazillion rape cases. Why is it a sin to be a woman? And some people will say if you dress modestly no one will touch you. People can you see how the victim is dressed? Was she not raped? And to think the damned Monaco and Wasiu slipped from the hands of the police just like that. I demand justice for this victim. The rapists must not go unpunished. We are not tempering justice with mercy this time.

4. c

September 10, 2016 at 10:02 am

God please heal her!

5. i love my husband

September 10, 2016 at 10:21 am

Majority of Nigerian Policemen are drunkards, thieves and rapists..so im not surprised. We have a very shameful justice system in this country, someone steals yam, hes put in 3 years imprisonment, another rapes, hes allowed to go free….I hate the Police, they are the worst set of people. I have said until they make castration/cutting of the penis punishment for rape, those idiots will continue. God will avenge for this lady and these bunch of rapists will meet doom very soon. the wicked will be punished

6. Bodunade

September 10, 2016 at 10:33 am

So appalling. Wickedness and no justice in this country. The world has ended, we are in hell already, our dumb asses don’t know it yet.

7. Naijatalk

September 10, 2016 at 10:49 am

Nigeria is sickening. It’s not that evil does not happen everywhere, but the brand found in Nigeria literally churns the contents of your stomach, leaving you dizzy and delirious.

8. Toluwalope

September 10, 2016 at 11:11 am

This is a case of murder. Send all the people involved to an open guillotine and let others learn from this.

9. Darius

September 10, 2016 at 11:13 am

Reading this graphic account of what transpired gave me the creeps. The culture of impunity in this country has to stop. One thing is crystal clear in this case: the victim is not a yoruba, but the perpetrators of this dastardly acts are. This explains why justice seems very unlikely. Yoruba people are the scum of the earth. Useless, tribalistic, vile, dirty pigs. I’ve had very nasty experiences with yoruba people. They always gang up to trample on the rights of others. Pigs! Vile Pigs! I pray she gets justice!

• Bodunade

September 10, 2016 at 11:31 am

Such generalisation in the 21st century? Name checkers association. Please reread your comments and ask yourself who the tribalistic pig is.

As my friend would say, Endtime comment.

*Linda take note *

• The Real Oma

September 10, 2016 at 11:33 am

No Darius, don’t make this about tribe. This here is a very sad story, i cant stop crying for this innocent girl who has been damaged for life, for no fault of hers. It could have happened anywhere and it could have been perpetuated by any tribe. Oh but she must get justice, ah, she must get justice, except God is no longer alive. Oh the wickedness in the heart of men.!

• Mira

September 12, 2016 at 3:49 am

I disagree; She’s not “damaged for life”.

• Corolla

September 10, 2016 at 11:43 am

In your small, unclever mind, Yoruba people have monopoly on all things evil. They are the only ones that commit atrocities na. Infact Clifford Orji, the ritualist is Yoruba. Ese Oruru’s abductor is also Yoruba. All Boko Haram members are Yoruba. The rapists of the 45 year old woman recently raped in Abakaliki are all Yoruba. Lucky Idahosa who raped his 17 year old daughter is Yoruba. I bet ya that Chinedu Andrew who raped a 12 year old girl in Suleja is Yoruba, and that female pastor that was killed in Abuja, was murdered by Yoruba people. Okay na…

• Olori

September 10, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Oh my Lawd! Look at this idiot calling a group of people tribalists while he’s doing the same damn thing! I can’t even take you seriously lol ? #JusticeForTheVictim

• AceOfSpades

September 10, 2016 at 12:26 pm

You’d rather blame a tribe than the culprit? Does this mean there has never been a case of rape involving another tribeman as the rapist? If I tell you many rapes cases in the east and north aren’t reported is why you feel way, would that make you happy or sad?
      Why don’t you just start a campaign or something to make lawmakers pass a law that makes rapists get stricter punishments rather than point in one tribe. Is it until it happens to someone in your hometown by your kinsmen that you know it’s more than a tribe thing!

Darius go and sin (talk anyhow on social media) no more

• Bola

September 10, 2016 at 12:55 pm

@Darius, you are nothing but an animal! How dare you call people tribalistic and vile while making the most disgusting tribalistic comment I’ve ever read on this site. Name you tribe and and I can tell you a million disgusting , evil things about them based on stereotypes . I can as well go on to conclude that everyone from your tribe is not only tribalistic but vile , demonic and hate filled going by you lack of reasoning. You better stop this hatred or it will be the end of you. Dirty cow

• nwa nna

September 10, 2016 at 12:37 pm

@darius,
      shut da hell up you bloody hypocrite! Rape has nothing to do with tribe! Who has caused more havoc in Nigeria than your Hausa/Fulani brethrens including the raping of women? FOH
      Wrong is wrong!!

• Mr. Egghead

September 10, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Darius, you’re BN fam but this is a really disappointing comment.

• Bola

September 10, 2016 at 1:10 pm

The fact that Darius’ vile comment has any likes shows the no of tribalistic cows we have on this so blog. If the so called educated ones are this ignorant and full of hate are you surprised by the illiterate ones that go killing other tribes because of any little argument? With the amount of hate in Darius and those liking his comment it’s clear they are just a step away from that given a chance.

• Damilola

September 10, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Darius, you are entitled to your tribal sentiment, every tribe has had horrible experiences with a particular tribe. However, let’s not allow it to overshadow the bigger problem here. Rape is a HUGE problem in Nigeria which affects all of Nigerians. The perpetrators are all the tribes. When you go to the North, rape is prevalent there. Unfortunately, it’s something heavily swept under the carpet due to religion. In Yoruba villages, Igbo villages, Benin every corner there are young women who are victims and their voices are not heard. Just because the recent ones mainly happened in Lagos doesn’t cancel out the ones in other places we don’t know about. The lawlessness, how nigerian men in general view rape, women needs to be addressed.

This is a serious question, What can we Nigerians in the diaspora do to bring the recent cases about Lagos police and this case to justice. This deserves an international attention.

• Darius

September 10, 2016 at 3:08 pm

@Damilola, I totally agree. My comment was below the belt and I’m sorry.

• Ellena

September 11, 2016 at 12:16 am

What can we do to call the government’s attention to this evil?
      I don’t care if it was done by an Hausa to a yoruba, an Igbo man, an Ijaw or Ikwerre… All we want is justice for Judith.

• Eve

September 11, 2016 at 10:45 am

@Damilola, love your approach. I had a similar case like that of the girl, only difference was that I ran into the main road with incoming traffic, pants down, screaming at the top of my lungs before the guy could proceed with the act. He had a big rock and threatened to smash my head if I attracted any attention. In the end, survival instincts kicked in and I ran for my life. I live in the UK now but that experience still haunts me. Maybe we could do something by starting a hash tag and video talking about stopping rape.

• Seriously

September 10, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Guys take it easy on Darius. He’s sorry. We allow our emotions get the best of us sometimes.
      This story cuts deep through my heart. God punish the wicked, bring them to shame. Nigeria needs serious revolution. I think it’s time, wake up call to stop all the superficial things(obsession with education, wedding) that’s covered up so much wickedness and deal with inner issues. I’m surprised, many nigerian women folds their arms to issues affecting them. There should be more outcry.

Well, Nigerians in general are tribalistic(including ones insulting him) he just voiced his out. I’m glad, Nigerians don’t hate one another to turn it into violent war. I hear banter among Nigerians which is all jokes at times but I don’t understand why Yorubas get the worst because some of the coolest Nigerians I know are Yorubas. My dad is not Yoruba but speaks the language fluently. He also gave me a Yoruba middle name.

• Binam

September 10, 2016 at 5:46 pm

@Seriously, “yorubas always get the worst” you have spoken the truth. If one person says it, it should be considered a hateful comment, but if a lot of people also accuse them of same thing, they should do some soul-searching.

• Seriously

September 10, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Its based on generalization though not enough evidences to make it legit. My dad said, it’s because Yorubas are part of the majority and very influential. This explains why my dad as a northerner speaks Yoruba and have his children Yoruba middle names. Hausas/fulanis are the most populated in Nigeria but they are to themselves, people don’t deal with them as much as other groups live among Yorubas. The same for igbo people. So, it’s easy to judge Yorubas more but not because they are the worst. He also said, many non Yorubas especially in Lagos adopted Yoruba names, so you can’t judge by name alone.

. I’ve asked Igbo people around, what’s the main issue with Yorubas. All of them mentioned Biafra war. That to me is not substantial evidence, reason to judge a whole group because there’s three sides to that story. Yoruba men can’t be that bad if they are scoping all these beautiful women from all corners. Shout out to Mrs Pedro….lol

• Ty

September 10, 2016 at 11:32 pm

@Binam, the bigot since most people call Igbos greedy drug pushers who will do anything for money then it must be true right ? And northerners are all murderers?

Olodo. When next someone make a stereotypical comment about your tribe we will remind you to do soul searching . Idiot

• PD Young Billionaire

September 10, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Breaking News – Senseless comment ever by Darius.

• Bey

September 11, 2016 at 1:10 am

Oh dear, you are sick to the core! I actually feel pity for you, this measure of hate you have withn urself shows you weren’t born in love. Where you a product of rape by any chances? Chances are you may even be Yoruba,

Welcome my long lost Yoruba brother……………… Pls find sum forgiveness in ur heart okay……………..Kikikikikikiki

• Bey

September 11, 2016 at 1:13 am

*chance

• Bey

September 11, 2016 at 1:36 am

@Binam, soul searching. Lolllll
      Perhaps you shld also do some soul searching as to why “ur people” have no say in decision making or anything for that matter in dis country.
      Maybe if abit of the hate goes into smthn productive, perhaps you ppl will be included as leaders and not just followers.
      Keep bashing and we keep responding.
      Keep quiet and we stay quiet. I hardly see anywhere where Yorubas start dis tribalistic shit. I don’t think any tribe is as accommodating or even encourages inter-tribal marriages as we do.
      But if u want to go there, we’ll surely oblige you. Since na only u ppl know pass. Mschewwww

• Naijatalk

September 11, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Some of you really have a problem. It’s funny how you have all become self-righteous over the comments of Darius and in the same vein you are insulting the Igbos. On what basis is your indignation. And the bulk of you are women. The men made their peace and have moved on, but it is the women resorting to insults.
      Bey you are very childish. Insulting people and insinuating that they are a product of rape especially on a post about rape has got to be the most insensitive and “piggy” of comments. You really ought to be just as ashamed.

10. madiora

September 10, 2016 at 11:19 am

I really hope she gets justice; They owe her this. Please check out my blog @http://madiora.blogspot.com.by/2016/09/world-youth-day-2016-poland1.html thanks

• Nik

September 10, 2016 at 11:35 am

No you don’t hope anything for her.

You’re only here to plug your blog. And we are not interested.

• MurderSheWrote

September 10, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Lool shaded ?

11. nene

September 10, 2016 at 11:47 am

Oh God! and it seems like she was a virgin (due to the blood). this has to be very traumatic and painful, i can’t begin to imagine how she and her family feel.

• Uberhaute looks

September 10, 2016 at 12:25 pm

I was wondering too. Because they dared the victim, I hope these perverts will end up in jail!

12. Rarebreed27

September 10, 2016 at 11:52 am

@naijatalk : I felt like throwing up just by reading d horrid details & imagining what that girl may have passed through.
    @Darius: while I understand that you may v had not so good experience with d Yorubas, am sorry about that; but please this isn’t about ethnicity, rather about how a daughter, sister, friend will get justice and decent closure to what another supposed ‘human’ had subjected her to. You could have just said ur prayer line of her getting justice and moved on…lets learn to always be subjective in our words/comment on issues; you can grief with people without making it about your experience.
    Ps: its not my intention to ‘troll @u’/shade u, i will appreciate you dont curse out at me, if you v to respond.
    I pray justice for the victim, and wholesome healing to survive this awful experience

13. mummy bobo

September 10, 2016 at 12:16 pm

I just can’t stop myself from crying, I pray dis Neva happen to my daughter bcos some head go rollllllllllllll. I don’t know why some men just prefer to rape girls wen thr are cheap brothel wr they can HV thr fun at the lowest cost instead they prefer to inflict pain on somone. Plzz Bella update us on dis case, if d police thinks they can collect bribe and sweep dis case under d carpet they HV failed. I will say the victim’s name in my prayers

14. nwa nna

September 10, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Don’t know if any of you BN reader’s picked up on the statement in the article, when the rapist asked the girl’s family what the noise was all about because it wasn’t like she was the only victim that had been raped at that location?!! These scums are serial rapers from the boldness of their answers & they ought to be castrated!! Dafuq is going on in naija?!!

• Corolla

September 10, 2016 at 12:55 pm

I just pray they don’t get away with this heinous crime.

15. Darius

September 10, 2016 at 1:17 pm

My comment was awfully wrong and I unreservedly apologize. I take back my comment. Yorubas are not useless, tribalistic, dirty vile pigs. It was a provocative thing to say, and I perfectly understand the vituperation hurled at me. I really should have known better. I have had really bitter experiences with yorubas, and I have let such experiences to colour my reasoning. I apologize again!

• Bola

September 10, 2016 at 2:22 pm

@Darius, that’s not an excuse. I am sure you’ve had bad experiences with many people from your tribe . Did that make you hate your tribe or spew such nastiness about them? No! When it’s your own people you recognize that it’s individuals but when it’s another tribe you lump millions of people based on the actions of less than 0.1% because I bet you haven’t met even 5%of Yorubas. I am also sure That you’ve met good Yoruba people who may have done you a favor or 2 along the way . You decided not to use those ones to judge the tribe but choose to use the bad ones. That speaks about your heart

• Bola

September 10, 2016 at 2:32 pm

@Darius, that’s not an excuse . I am sure you’ve had many bad experiences with people from your own tribe yet that did not make you habour hate you in your for your tribe and spew such vile things. When you have bad experiences with people from your own tribe , you put it down to individuals . However when it’s another tribe you’ll be quick to label the whole tribe and start saying such stereotypical trash. I am certain you have met up to 5% of Yorubas yet you gladly decided to lump millions of people together and I’m sure this is not the first time you’ll be thinking of or saying such words. You most certainly would also have had some good experiences with Yorubas who probably did you a favor or 2 along the way . Yet you decided not to use the good ones to judge the tribe but the bad few. I can assure most of us here have also had bad experiences with your tribe , should we go ahead to call you killers, dirty , e.t.c ?

• AceOfSpades

September 10, 2016 at 2:50 pm

She has said she’s sorry madam Bola. Let it go!

• Darius

September 10, 2016 at 3:24 pm

@Bola, TB Joshua is someone I hold in high esteem, and he is yoruba. He is doing a lot of good around the world. A yoruba person has never helped me in any way, but it doesn’t mean that yoruba people don’t help others. You don’t know anything about me or my tribe. I have a good heart. Too bad my earlier comment portrayed me as someone who is bitter. I am not.

• Anonymous

September 10, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Big hearted of you to apologize Darius. The same cannot be said for some of the tribal voltrons on BN who are known for instigating tribal wars with their comments @amh, @Ade @Fani @uncle gwe gwe and co limited take note

• Tami

September 10, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Lol at how you put all the people from one tribe and left out the chronic bigots like nene. It shows you yourself are clearly tribalistic

• Anonymous

September 11, 2016 at 6:34 am

Nene doesn’t start tribal wars. She fights for Niger delta. Eat that.
      You need examination. If nene is the only person on the other side you could pick out, that should tell you the stats of the bigots on here, plus yourself

• Olori

September 10, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Apology accepted. I take back the “idiot” hurled at you too. You are not an idiot in Jesus name Amen!

16. concerned9a

September 10, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Bella Team you posted @darius’s comment. ..yet when we post introspective comments you either refuse to post or do when we’ve all left the building.
    Bella..Linda..SDK .y”ll should be doing more with your platform you are women for crying out loud who better to seek justice using your platform. ..don’t just post and shock…raise awareness you got the clout to reach all the right people! !

• Baby gurl

September 10, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I agree. It should not be news all the time? There should be “Opinion” articles too. If not what’s the difference between coming here and going to SDK?

17. ada

September 10, 2016 at 2:13 pm

release their names and pictures lets shame those idiots. its the only thing that seems to make news in nigeria since authority can’t do nothing

18. Apples

September 10, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Nigerians never take things seriously! This is the kind of things feminist supposed to be agitating about not some nonsense things!

I am so pissed that if I have power I’ll be killing men like this!!! Shit!

19. Spunky

September 10, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I still can’t fathom what thrill and kick a grown ass man would derive from forcefully or brutally raping a lady. I feel sorry for the victim and her family. I know a few who smoke weed and they remain sane! These urchins are on another level of high. I wish the culprits the worst possible punishment. Life is a bitch and her stripper name is karma.

20. Darius

September 10, 2016 at 3:03 pm

@Bola, please, take a chill pill and calm down your nerves. My comment was below the belt and I have apologized. You have refused to let the matter rest. Mind you, I didn’t apologize because of the insults that were hurled at me. I apologized becoz certain people registered their displeasure at my comment in no uncertain terms, but did so without resorting to insults. They are the reasons I apologized. Not people like you. You rained insults on me. You are vindictive and bitter. I don’t think I owe you an apology. If you must know, I apologized because of The Real Oma, Mr Egghead and RareBreed27. They politely made me realized that what I said wasn’t apt. If all the replies were as insulting as yours, I wouldn’t have apologized.

• Bodunade

September 10, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Funny. Respect Toke makinwa.

Small backlash you are shaking like a dry leaf in harmattan.

Go and sin no more. LOL

we all mistalk from time to time.

• kilipot

September 10, 2016 at 6:44 pm

You are truly an idiot , Bola faced u heads on then u start acting like a duck caught in the rain.
      She should calm down but it’s okay for u to lump up a whole tribe.
      you didn’t apologize cos the insults hurled at you but cos of certain people?

That shows you are not truly sorry. Hypocrite

• Binam

September 10, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Kilipot, U are just an olodo trying to form devil’s advocate.

• Kilipot

September 10, 2016 at 9:09 pm

@binam. I hope u are alright sha! Please swerve.

• chichi

September 11, 2016 at 12:24 am

@kilipot not sure how that makes him a hypocrite. He didn’t just say “certain people”, he also said “but did so without resorting to insults”. The truth is, sometimes it takes a kind response to reach the heart…Ever heard of “you conquer evil with good”?
      @Darius what you said was really offensive but you have expressed how sorry you are and that is good enough. Like @ Anonymous pointed out, not many are that gracious on this blog. So stop going back and forth with anybody. You cant convince everybody. Those who aren’t satisfied with your apology will just have to sort themselves out. Yeah, i said it! Darius, just focus on you now. Work on rooting out hidden biases and learn not to see tribe or colour first when dealing with others. Shikena! We are all a work in progress.
      This story is so upsetting. I’m just taken aback by how brazen these men are. This poor girl better get the justice she deserves.

• Tola

September 11, 2016 at 1:45 am

She’s vindictive and bitter for replying you in kind after calling her a vile, dirty pig? Hope you know why you say Yorubas are that you were referring to every Yoruba person here and every where else and you dare open your dirty mouth to say someone is vindictive. You are the definition of bitter.

You came to a blog with Yoruba people to say such evil things and you thought we will throw you a party abi? Ode

We don’t need your dirty apology, let you hate consumer you if you desire. For the rest of the idiots will you get out! Silly people . Ordinary to mention their tribes name they will be hyperventilating . Fake idiots

• Chichi

September 11, 2016 at 7:39 am

@tola..” ordinary to mention their tribes name, they will be hyperventilating” LOOOL..watching you struggle is so cute…what are you afraid of? We all know the tribe that “hyperventilates”..The igbos..lol..sha dont kill yourself..Lets discuss some truths now..
      The only reason why the comment section didnt quickly turn into a yoruba vs igbo war is because some of you didnt know what to make of the name Darius.. Assuming “chichi” left that comment, everyone would have shown their true colours by now…Yet, some of you couldnt help yourselves…some still managed to drag igbos into this directly/ indirectly..Arent there other tribes in this country? Does Nigeria revolve around igbos, yorubas and hausas? Why is darius tribe an issue anyway? Why cant you condemn the offensive comment and move on? You have every right to be mad cos that was really offensive but you are no better than Darius the moment you resort to side comments about another tribe so dont get it twisted..i have to give it to egghead, damilola, olori and co cos they prove its still possible to condemn a tribalistic comment on here without dragging other tribes..They were very gracious about this and we can learn a thing or two from the way they handled this..
      Secondly, when ppl apologize for saying something offensive which is very uncommon on this blog, accept it and hope the person means it and is willing to do better..
      Some of the comments here shows that darius isnt the only person who needs work..so before we all seek to remove the straw in Darius
      eye, remove the rafter in yours..search yourselves first.. Its okay to get mad when ppl say offensive things but cant stand ppl who condemn others when they clearly dont have the moral right to do so…you know yourselves..Be the change you want to see in the world..if my comment makes me fake, hunny, i dont give a rat’s ass..The truth they say is bitter..
      Darius has gotten the backlash he deserved but if he says he’s sorry, pls let it go and if you wont, that’s entirely your business now…He doesnt have to prove anything to you..

• Bey

September 11, 2016 at 12:46 pm

@Darius, was that really an apology ??? Why bother at all, when it was still filled with abusive and condescending words.
      Sweetie there’s smthn wrong somewhere………….. This just spoke to me from my PSYCH 101 Days.
      A “psychopath’ is traditionally defined as a ” personality disorder characterised by persistent antisocial behaviour, impaired empathy and remorse,and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits”.

21. MissMeWithYourBS

September 10, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Bola,you sound like a frustrated person,abeg he has apologized, see how defensive you are. I bet you’re boiling and fuming at this moment. Nigeria is hard as it is,don’t add high blood pressure and compound your deeply seated issues
    Oga Darius,please watch your words.
    Peace

• Binam

September 10, 2016 at 5:31 pm

@MissMeWithYourBS, lolzzzzzzzzzssss!

• Tami

September 10, 2016 at 10:07 pm

@BS, what you are saying is BS . Bola has every right to be upset by what that bigot said about her tribe and she has a point.

@ Darius, that’s a BS apology . A real apology does not include excuses . Even the Nazis have excuses , everyone in life has had bad experiences with certain people so as she pointed out that’s no excuse. Funny you are pained by the insults but it’s okay for you to refer to a whole tribe as vile , dirt pigs Abi? That was a compliment right ?

And all you hypocrites saying let it go, we see you like rabid dogs here when someone says anything about your tribe. So shut it

• Tami

September 10, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Bella Naija and selective posting .

@BS, you are full of BS. She has every right to be frustrated by bigots like Darius with her fake apology.

@ Darius, that was not a sincere apology because you were still trying to excuse you vile comment. Like Bola rightly pointed out why don’t you make such comments about your own tribe because I am sure you’ve had some nasty experiences with them too or they are all Saints? Everyone has experienced bad things from different tribes and races but it’s never an excuse for bigotry .

Also it’s ironic that the insults pained you but you were okay to call a whole tribe “vile dirty pigs”!

Was that a compliment? You make such a vile statement and expect what? A party for your crap apology.

For the rest saying let it go you are hypocrites. We see you here all the time acting like Rabid dogs when someone so much as mentions your tribe

• Ty

September 10, 2016 at 11:28 pm

@Madam BS with the BS comment. You would do worse if that was aimed at you and your people so shut it with the self righteous crap . Doesn’t she have a right to be defensive?

Have several seats and take your own advice . See them like roaches , now people should let it go ? Hiss

@Darius , fact is that was not a real apology .

• Bola

September 11, 2016 at 1:22 am

Dear Miss BS with the BS, Will you shut it! what you are saying is bull. How is showing my frustration at a bigot who said crap about my tribe then came up with an half assed apology showing deep issues. You lot just say things you dont even know what they stand for. Abeg, you would be defensive and fuming if it was your tribe called those horrible names . You are the one who needs to consider your Heath because too much hypocrisy makes people sick .

@ Binam, I hope you also do soul searching when people make stereotypes against your tribe? I didn’t think so, another hypocrite. We will all see how much soul searching you’ll do the next time someone comes for your tribe.

As do the rest of the rat pack jumping on my comment you are all hypocrites . I have every right to call out this woman for saying such vile things about a whole tribe and then turning around to give a crap apology. You hypocrites know how to crawl out of your holes and say let it go, you are bitter blah blah when it’s not your tribe . If is a normal thing for any one with sense to be defensive when someone comes here and says such trash so Madam BS if anyone has deep seated issues its you my dear.

By the way @ Darius , I wrote the last comment because Bella didn’t post the other ones at first . My point still stands that if you truly want to apologize drop the blah blah bad experiences because everyone has those and it’s never an excuse for bigotry. I’am sure you may be a good person so just stop the stereotypically none sense and stop with the excuses.

P.S you can’t go around poking people and then expect them not to react or only react in a certain way.

Now you all take your advice and move on

22. Tell me

September 10, 2016 at 3:59 pm

lol

23. concerned9a

September 10, 2016 at 3:59 pm

@Darius..you got to let it go.Racism and Tribalism is what has led to the death of millions..
    Na so the thing take start…molehill become mountain
    Hate hurts..and carries a huge burden…and even though you apologized you still had conditions “only because of so and so”.
    Very recently Me and my partner were recent victims of racism not the abusive type but the subtle one of you lot can’t live in this neighborhood ..May God judge them.!!

24. ada tiger

September 10, 2016 at 4:41 pm

this is where pocket knives and pepper sprays comes in handy. these men must be brought out and they should face justice!!! useless men!

• Kilipot

September 10, 2016 at 9:11 pm

To think I have pepper spray in the car that I have totally forgotten about-got it for all those traffic thrives .
      It just doesn’t come naturally to use it on someone.

25. cos i say so

September 10, 2016 at 5:32 pm

She was a virgin for chrissake…. My God
    This is not even funny
    shes obviously a very small girl, see the type of clothes she was wearing an dthe length of her skirt
    May they be jailed for life and be raped every single day
    tit for tat

• rere

September 10, 2016 at 6:05 pm

She was 23 years old
      I hope these men are caught and killed even and I hope all their other victims come forward to press charges too.

26. Seun

September 10, 2016 at 5:53 pm

When it’s a Yoruba name that breeds insults this children of hate will keep posting comments,wasted hatefilled generation.

27. jungle

September 10, 2016 at 5:53 pm

THAT right There is when You need jungle justice… Lynched and burned. Justice is done and the potential threat on other girls is eliminated… Simpol..

28. Stupid fools

September 10, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Some Igbos are a waste of life,drug dealers,rapist,kidnappers,bigotry and bitter idiots,keep selling tribalism,to you is making money.but keep breeding fools that are useless and can’t see beyond there noise.awon Omo ale

• Ekene

September 10, 2016 at 10:32 pm

The only experience I have had with Yourubas which is work related is extremely bad. No need exchanging word with you .

• Oh puhleeze

September 10, 2016 at 10:41 pm

You see how hideous and despicable you are. Darius is a northerner. Didn’t you see that up there, but your bigoted self will only see Igbo because you are so filled with Jealousy for a people that keep defying the odds and excelling regardless of all the foolishness in Nigeria. Let hate consume you while we keep excelling. And of course you will not see the defenders up there silence this one over because it is not directed at them. You with your comment are just proving Darius right.

• Darius

September 10, 2016 at 11:12 pm

@Oh puhlese, FYI, I’m not a northerner. I am an Igala man. Anyways, please, let’s maintain some decorum in the house. There is no point getting aggressive.

• nwa nna

September 11, 2016 at 1:43 am

@ stupid fools,
      Bia wokoma, why so much anger and vile against us? You sound like @ Darius who happens to be an igala person who made the vile comment against the Yoruba tribe and yet you transfer your hatred towards the ibos?
      All that you’ve mentioned isn’t synamous to just the ibo tribe, you realize that, right? Now run along to your hate filled world and find someone to hug you because you need one badly 🙂

29. Xoxo

September 11, 2016 at 12:42 am

Its rather sad how the main issue at hand has been turned into a tribal thing. Its extremely wrong for you to call out an entire tribe due to the experience you’ve had with a few number of people from such ethnic group. I’m a Yoruba girl and I can tell you most of my worst experiences have have been with Igbo friends. But that gives me no right to shame that ethnic group or stop dealing with Igbo’s totally because EVERYONE IS NOT THE SAME. Its high time we stop seeing tribe and color. Anybody from any tribe could have done the things Yoruba people did to you. I’m really sick of stereotypes. Because a person from a particular tribe is terrible does not mean others from that tribe are terrible. I have to agree with Bola. She might sound bitter and angry to you but she’s not. The truth is if it was your tribe that was dragged like that won’t you have reacted a certain way too? Mr Darius your apology doesnt show remorse for making such comments. You only apologized because of those who told you you were wrong. I think I’d rather you didn’t bother apologizing then. May God help us all. We are diverse in culture but we are the same to our creator. The day we realize that is the day humanity will become sane.
    Dear Lord take control of this matter and make every police officer that will handle this case uneasy until these men are dealth with to the full extent of the law. For every rapist in every corner of the world make their lives unbearable and make them have a bitter experience on earth until they change their ways.

• Bey

September 11, 2016 at 1:24 am

My dear thanks for this your comment.
      As a proudly Yoruba girl married to a non-Yoruba guy, I really do wonder what exactly especially the Igbos have against Yoruba people. We’ve left d issue at hand n diverted to smthn else.
      My dear d bad experiences Iv had with Igbo friends ehnnnn. One tried to outright dupe me in a business endeavour. The other almost caused issues in my marriage, weda she want my husband I don’t know.
      Funny thing is my mum warned me and foresaw these things……………. Saying Igbo ppl are terrible, I shld stick to my squad( friends)Iv known since I was 10 in sec school. Mba I no listen.
      I still don’t think they are terrible people. But if each Yoruba person starts saying d bad xperiences deyv had with Igbos. We won’t sleep.
      The difference is you hardly see a Yoruba out rightly bashing igbo’s. Xcept off course it’s in defence of bashing.
      Na you people know sha. There is a reason why u lot are always side-lined when is comes to politics and decision making in this country.

• Anonymous

September 11, 2016 at 6:42 am

@Bey @Xoxo, leave Igbo people alone for goodness sake. Is Darius Igbo? Take your grievance out on the igala tribe. Leave Igbo people alone. @egghead @real Oma @nwa nana are all Igbos who called out Darius but your hateful selves will not see it. Leave Igbo people alone. Who cares what your mothers taught you. Obviously it has not taken you far because your vision is still myopic. Look at these ones openly disgracing their upbringing and you wonder about @Darius

30. Amakashie

September 11, 2016 at 1:55 am

@Darius you are making me laugh, still adding you are not a northerner LOL.

This is why we cant get things done in Nigeria, leaving the issues and going back and forth on irrelevant things.

31. esteem

September 11, 2016 at 7:11 am

I am sorry sorry o, i am sorry for Nigeria sorry sorry o. Where is my prophet, FELA KUTI? He has said it all, crime does not have a tribe neither does it have a religion. If you like package it with all the beautiful attire it would still look ugly, in fact give it a new name it would still not be happy with itself. For crying out loud how could some go to bail someone for crime that was proudly committed? I trust karma it identifies the offenders, the culprit may turn against you by raping your one year old daugter or your wife brobably, pls don’t be proud to protect crime and want to give it another name because crime doesn’t have a permanent owner only justice can be the friend. For those raining abuses on each others, it is crystal clear we are not together even as we claim one Nigeria. Nigeria will know no peace until we do away with tribal sentiment, religion and regional differences, not trying to be pesimistic but that’s the truth. Justice must prevail in this case.

32. Marian

September 11, 2016 at 7:29 am

I hope the other girls will see this and say something too. I’m sure he didn’t even think to use a condom. I pray for healing for this young lady. To remain virgin for this day and age hard o and that animal raped her just like that and thinks he can get away with it.

• Ada Nnewi

September 11, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Being a virgin is irrelevant…. no wonder should be raped even if she’s a prostitute

33. Ada Nnewi

September 11, 2016 at 3:23 pm

And this is how over half the comments on a thread where a young woman was brutally raped were tribalist…. smh…

• Mo

September 11, 2016 at 3:52 pm

My sister… we have a long way to go in this country. 🙁

34. Ranyinudo

September 11, 2016 at 11:43 pm

As in eh…really long way to go. I always try not to waddle into this Igbo/Yoruba wars. It’s appalling that even after Darius stated he is not Igbo, so much hate filled comments are still being made against the igbos.
    Yorubas on this blog please leave the IGBOS alone. You all will go on and on and on with ur cursing…claws all out….defending what I don’t know. Chim o! It’s really disgusting and petty.
    As the enlightened people u all claim to be…live up to it please.

I pray the young lady finds healing to this very traumatic experience she’s been put thru….Amen.
    Society and families….please raise better men that will build up and not tear down.

• Anonymous

September 12, 2016 at 12:58 pm

I have never met a group of people who have a vast repertoire of insults as the ones on this blog. I mean the insults are very creative and deeply disturbing. How can a human being say another is a product of rape? Insulting the God who created him. Regardless of the foolish comment by Darius which he quickly repented from, must we correct him by throwing worse insults. Yorubas on this blog, stop giving the impression that Yorubas are insulting and uncouth. It’s very ugly really.
      That says much about your upbringing. Classy my foot

• Anonymous

September 12, 2016 at 2:13 pm

BN post my response to Ranyinudo. You have been posting creative insults here so post mine. If you are not biased

35. Xoxo

September 12, 2016 at 1:17 am

This comment is for anonymous 6:42am. I’m not holding anyone. My comment was for the Igbo’s that kept saying Yoruba people are this and that, I was saying I have had terrible experiences with Igbo’s too but that doesn’t mean I should hate the whole tribe, they aren’t the only tribe that have offended me. It was not targeted solely at Mr Darius. I dont need to take anything out on the whole Igala tribe because he alone does not make up the tribe. My reply is for him regardless of where he comes from. If from my previous comment you didn’t understand that I hate every bit of tribalism then you need to check how you comprehend sentences.

• Anonymous

September 12, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Aren’t you silly to mention Igbos in a matter completely unrelated to them? How old are you? Did any Igbo person mention anything here. Do you have proof that the people who have commented on this particular post with a contrary view to yours are Igbo? You wrote out of speculation identifying yourself as a tribalistic too. You really lack smarts. Proudly saying my comment is for Igbos that have said this and that. What Igbo person said what here now. Myopic.