News

Inspiring! This Young Lady sold Noodles & Eggs to pay her School Fees and her House Rent, Fend for her Sister & More

NaphieThere are no limitations to what we can do.

This young lady’s story has been trending on social media after she shared how she managed to survive while at the University of Ilorin.

According to Adebayo Oluwatoyin, She was able to complete her degree in Accounting at the University of Ilorin with the little money she saved every day from selling noodles and egg. She persevered even though some people laughed at her. She was also able to help her sister and pay her house rent.

Read her inspiring story below.

Felt like yesterday when all I always looked forward to was the long sessional holiday… This is just so I could come home and make money for the next session. I had to find ways to make money because there was little my mum could do to meet all the expenses for me and my sister…

Some people laughed at me, some encouraged me while some invested their change in my business.. I sold noodles and egg, and from the little I made I made sure I saved something every day. At the end of the three months break, I had enough money to pay my sister and my school fees, my house rent and enough money to last me a whole semester.

By the grace of God I have completed my degree with a Second Class Upper in Accounting and right now my sister is waiting for her admission into the university too. Looking back now, it’s my success story because with that kind of hustle, nobody had to run helter skelter to look for money to cater for those expenses. Just right there, mama’s smile revealed her pride in me…

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/naphie_sah

1. Peaches

September 20, 2016 at 11:21 am

I don’t understand whats is so funny that people were laughing at her. As long as it isn’t illegal, I say yoou go girl! Very very inspirational. Thumbs up!

• seyi

September 20, 2016 at 11:51 am

People laughing at her must b runs girls. Loolz. It’s hard for them to imagine a legitimate and honourable way to make it through in life. Way to go girl!!

• ATL's finest

September 20, 2016 at 3:00 pm

@ Peaches I know right. Lousy busy bodies that have low IQs in that Country. She’s better than those stealing & frauding others. People like this I can write a check for & not blink or regret why I did it. Her story is so inspiring & Look at God bringing more customers to her:).. I know someone who sold Gala back then to pay his way thru University & told, he works at Shell & own a business too. God bless your hustle & may U never lack IJN Amen.

2. seyi

September 20, 2016 at 11:25 am

Indomie will now come come take credit for this one’s success na. Lol. Indomie: saving lives since…..
    Way to go dear!! Very happy for you!!

3. Busarni

September 20, 2016 at 11:36 am

Runzzzz girls; shey una don hear am.

• Indomie lover

September 20, 2016 at 11:41 am

Lmaooo runs girls that are competing with themselves and their paymasters’ wives in their heads. It’s unfortunate but they don’t send o. Off point but I wonder when we’ll start discussing parents having kids they can’t afford and are the ones who take care of them even in youth not vice versa.

• Nene

September 20, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Lmao?

4. Anon

September 20, 2016 at 11:38 am

This is very inspiring. Very well done.

5. Indomie lover

September 20, 2016 at 11:45 am

Lmaooo runs girls that are competing with themselves and (in their heads), their paymasters’ wives. It’s unfortunate but they don’t send o. Off point but I wonder when we’ll start discussing parents having kids they can’t afford and these children are the ones who take care of them even in youth and not vice versa.

6. kipinit reel

September 20, 2016 at 11:46 am

this is a beautiful motivational story and may you achieve greater heights in life. thank God He preserved you from events sthat could have swallowed up your savings. God bless

7. Marlvina

September 20, 2016 at 11:56 am

Selling Indomie and egg meals has always been a lucrative business. Fast way to make good money cus people will always eat indomie and egg. Cheaper than buying a plate of jollof/fried rice and chicken at an eatery for N1400. For what? In this recession season kwa?

8. AdaM

September 20, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Beautiful girl. God bless your hands more and more.

9. Marian

September 20, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. May you contine to go higher!!! And somebody somewhere will be stealing millions. It is well.

10. Spunky

September 20, 2016 at 12:28 pm

May God crown her effort with more opportunities. I sincerely appreciate her perseverance.

11. Rafaella

September 20, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Wow!!! Very inspiring????
    Indomie and egg is Bae??
    Ndi Indomie, ngwa come and complete this by making her an ambassador sharp sharp?

P.S. Ndi BNers that are on Instagram, biko lets help her win the Union Bank Victory Story Competition by opening this link instagram.com/p/BKdhyWYDHWy/ and liking the pic.

12. Mz Socially Awkward....

September 20, 2016 at 1:23 pm

She must have had plenty discouragement but she clearly saw no limits, whatsoever to meeting her and her family’s goals. And for a young girl in a society where there’s a daily lure to just hand over your problems to “someone” in exchange for “something”… that’s what’s always so inspiring about hearing stories like this one.

Plus, running her own business has provided plenty hands-on work experience for her degree. 🙂 I pray the future continues to be filled with even greater opportunities for you to keep harvesting, young miss!

13. Prince

September 20, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I doff my hat for you. This is a WIFE. You marry this babe right here, your life and home is settled for life.

• Cindy

September 20, 2016 at 5:14 pm

You sure say you’re what her type of woman?

• Mawi

September 20, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Story. Because BN published her story abi? Typical naija man will not give this lady his two eyes if she walked past him 20 times. There are so many like her but you will never notice cos they are not the yellow, trendy dressing, long hair wearing ones you salivate for. *yimu*

14. me

September 20, 2016 at 1:58 pm

But students in University always sell things whilst they study– Some even have their business to go to on Friday and return to school of Sunday, Certified business and not nothing illegal nor seedy. Nigerians with entrepreneurship, it is in the blood. There are students who will always laugh at these business students only to show up and buy goods on credit!!!

15. tunmi

September 20, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Honestly, well done Toyin. As an aside, this is the norm for the average Nigerian. It would be inspiring for BN and its audience, but it’s the norm. Congratulations on the degree Toyin!!!!!!

16. Felinda

September 20, 2016 at 2:32 pm

I predict you a future Billionaire

Even with the Degree under Your belt , i advice you to not be an Employee for anybody and if you do (dont do it for long)- do it for just a year to gather capital – then continue with this your entrepreneurial spirit running your own business

I see you as an Entrepreneur and being your own boss who hires employees. Sort funding to start your own business – I pray with Gods favor you get it, Good Luck. I hope your story inspires others struggling to pay their way through school.

Kids of now adays always feel their family , the government or the world owes them something (eg money for fees, a job after graduation etc etc) – No one owes you anything. You can be just as smart as this lady here and make things happen. Instead of using the money she had to buy data to browse Facebook and Instagram of Fake Lifes, she use the money she got to buy eggs and indomie on wholesale to resell and saved her profit. Smart woman.

I just love entrepreneurs – love em love em love em

17. Felinda

September 20, 2016 at 2:35 pm

I just liked her pic on instagram to help her win the competition

instagram.com/p/BKdhyWYDHWy/

Everybody please lets support her

18. nneoyibo

September 20, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Congrats to her, she won!

19. Nene

September 20, 2016 at 6:04 pm

This is amazing. Very positive story to young men and women out there

20. Manny

September 20, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Is that her mum in the photo above? She is very beautiful

21. Felinda

September 20, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Glam Squad since she won can someone (a MUA) in naija be kind enough to honor her with a “beat glam” session for the day and maybe a photoshoot to boot. Her story can inspire millions

She is absolutely beautiful already

22. Abiodun Gbadamosi

September 21, 2016 at 10:35 am

Nice one. i salute your courage and i wish you all the best in your future endeavour.
    i wish all this ladies sleeping around can learn from her and change their ways in Jesus name…Amen….Change begins from you and me..may our good Lord help us all.