BN TV

“It was the most beautiful relationship ever” Don Jazzy talks about his split with D’banj on Forbes Africa TV’s ‘My Worst Day with Peace Hyde’

My-Wost-Day-Peace-Hyde-Don-Jazzy-BellaNaija

Episode 5 of the flagship Forbes Africa TV show, ‘My Worst Day with Peace Hyde’ features super music producer Don Jazzy.

In the exciting 5th episode of the riveting talk show hosted by Forbes Africa correspondent Peace Hyde, the music mogul shares his most challenging day in business – the day he lost the multi million Naira music empire he built which led to catastrophic personal and professional consequences.

What really happened between Don Jazzy and D’banj?

Watch the exciting episode now!

1. princewill

September 1, 2016 at 10:25 pm

9ja thug

2. Smart Man

September 2, 2016 at 12:46 am

Smartest man in the industry. This Headies thing made me realize how intelligent Don J is. See as Olamide was ranting like a drunken sailor all over social media, Jazzy kept quiet.
    Fast forward to today, who is hanging with the big wigs and going international? Yup, Mavin. On the other hand, guess whose music isn’t going beyond Naija? Yup. Olami de.
    See, its all well and good to be “real” and wear your heart on your sleeve, but it pays to be SMART. Street won’t get you nowhere. Look at Hov, Diddy and Dre. They started out gangster but when the time came, they dumped “street” for corporate. Call them “sellouts” all you want but they are the three richest men in hiphop today.
    Bottom line, Don Baba is at the top of the food chain for a reason. He’s so Machiavellian and I love it. Olamide could learn a lot from him

• Pee

September 2, 2016 at 1:08 am

you are drunk go to bed ..

• Des

September 2, 2016 at 4:54 pm

What is wrong with this one? Olamide’s song isn’t going beyond Nigeria? You must be on some cheap weed and you must have never left Nigeria. Grandma’s in Germany are jamming to Olamides songs. I’ve heard them playing Bobo and who you epp in non African stores. Not to now talk of the UK or Malaysia or even Cyprus. Who really knows Don Jazzy as an artist. He’s know as an excellent producer. Finish.

3. Bumi

September 2, 2016 at 1:28 am

Glad Don Jazzy is building his confidence to do interviews, Peace made him very comfortable to open up. They would make a cute couple. Very interesting interview but i felt he was sad about how things turned out despite the mavins forming. He doesn’t seem fulfilled to me despite his success. IJS

• De Duchess

September 2, 2016 at 8:15 am

Whatever you are sipping, please stop.
      The stupid Nigerian mentality that going international is success. Abeg!
      When Don Jazzy goes international and international does not want him again, is it not Nigeria he will come back to?
      Olamide does not have to change his style to fit into anything, he is fine with the Nigerian market and he is appreciated that way.
      Now clear your head and understand that the international market does not really care, they want more success for themselves and they will do anything to get it.

I don’t even know what Olamide and Phyno sing most time, and even though I don’t like Olamide, I still feel proud that they are making money using their dialect, in this age and time, when we don’t care anymore.

You guys really need to wash off from that ‘international recognition’ thing.

• De Duchess

September 2, 2016 at 8:16 am

That was directed @smartguy not you Bunmi.

4. Osinachi

September 2, 2016 at 1:38 am

Don Jazzy is my man. What a great guy… Really enjoyed the show great and insightful interview. He really opened up- I hope DBanj sees this and learns something from this… Your ego will never take you as far as your talent will. But we are waiting for a reunion album it is needed! First time watching this show and it had to go back and catch up after this episode. Peace Hyde is on point! Who’s worst day is next?

• De Duchess

September 2, 2016 at 8:19 am

I also feel like he is not as fufilled with Mavin as he was with D’banj.
      I watched D’banj E! Special and I remember he said Donjazzy asked that they seperate because he was no longer comfortable.
      I just believe that it will be great again. Wande Coal, Dbanj and Don jazzy were mohits.
      Now the only good thing in the Mavins is Reekado. All the rest………

• Corolla

September 2, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Learns what? That he should have rolled on the floor and begged DOn Jazzy to please not kick him out of Mo Hits?

5. JayJay

September 2, 2016 at 1:41 am

I completely agree and when will Olamide ever be featured on Forbes? There are levels to this shit bruh…very good interview Peace Hyde, enjoyed every moment of it especially your introduction 🙂

• truthservedhot

September 3, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Coonstar! Wehdone.

6. ...just saying

September 2, 2016 at 9:58 am

Very predictable questioning, month in month out. .

7. Laila

September 2, 2016 at 10:07 am

Why does Jazzy call the artistes under his record labe his children though? Typical Naija man mentality and highly unprofessional. He does that all the time.

• Corolla

September 2, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I think he says it with fondess, not pride.

8. Talia

September 2, 2016 at 10:46 am

Firstly, Peace Hyde you are too hot for words I had to just keep playing the introduction for a while. God has blessed you girl! Pretty face, hot body, decent dressing and personality! You gained a new fan Peace. Loved your interview very eloquent and good questions, you pushed him but still made him comfortable to speak on the sensitive topic. Where were you when Tiwa dropped that tell all! Smh!

Secondly, Don Jazzy your mentality is so right! I love this man, so humble and talented. It’s not about running after international success, it’s about creating value in your self at home as and artist or brand so that when international markets look at you they respect your brand and invest into it with out trying to change it or Westernize it. There is a spotlight on Africa now and you are definitely at the front of it! Well done.

Thirdly, DBanj I actually love you too but this interview really showed a bad side of your personality. Despite all the positive ways Don Jazzy tried to dress it up. He basically said you are egotistical, arrogant, fame hungry and didn’t value him or his talent which is why you thought you could survive without him. Where are you now DBanj? When was your last hit single? A great performer is useless without real hits… My opinion DBanj is only surviving off past glories as we continue wash him into believing he is still a star. BN you are partly responsible for this.

Fourth and final point, Tiwa my dear watch this interview well and learn something from this! That Roc Nation signing will not make you a Beyoncé! Don’t abandon Mavins because you think the states are now acknowledging you. Everything that goes up must come down appreciate your roots at all times. Mavins got you there and will be there be there when the Roc Nation deal goes cold. Love you Tiwa but must state facts.

9. When you want to make each other bae! Lol!

September 2, 2016 at 11:58 am

Inspired 100%! He was determined to push on regards of the challenges that surrounded him, Don Jazzy is true rags to riches success story. But is it me or did anyone notice a chemistry between these two? Very professional interview, good questions and answers but I think they are feeling each other ALOT. Peace was blushing every 5 seconds and i noticed giggled throughout the interview more than any other episode of this show and Don Jazzy kept trying to sound like a good christian boy with fake deep answers to impress her! lol! They should get together very cute couple!

10. Lol

September 2, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I love the documentary part on the show, Don Jazzy has the best hits in Nigeria hands down. Very good interview Peace, loving the show, keep it up!

11. Sheun

September 2, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Respect! I really enjoyed watching this interview. I am definitely inspired!

12. Mahka

September 3, 2016 at 1:02 am

Don baba j,I respect you a lot,everything you touch turns to gold plus you haven’t forgotten where you started from. So refreshing hearing you speak with so much depth too, I like that fact how you seem to appreciate the timings of your career,you must have a lot of patience. Nice one.

Peace Hyde, you are epitome of she who resembles distinction. Expression,poise n confidence; girl sure knows her onions…I admire you. Thanks for changing the perception of beauty n no brains. Am so inspired,adjusting my goals now.

BTW,how come almost everyone seem to have a McDonald’s story?. Pls invite Jason Njoku of iroko tv next.

13. Somm