Scoop

Lami Phillips shares her first Post-Baby Photo & Says “Nothing prepares you for your post delivery body”

BellaNaija.com

Lami PhillipsSinger Lami Phillips is keeping things honest.

The new mum, who welcomed her second daughter some weeks ago, shared her first photo since the delivery and posted a candid caption about not having to keep up false appearances.

She said:

So .. here’s a no filter: no makeup post delivery picture .. let’s be honest .. no matter how many times you give birth.. no matter how many times the doctor tells you that you’ll look 6 months pregnant for about 6 months (on average) , nothing prepares you for your post delivery body.

Everyone talks about this mysterious SnapBack but I think that the first three months after the delivery are similar to the first three months of pregnancy. You spend the time trying to regroup.. mind , body and soul. It’s a job nobody can help with. Even if you rush on the outward appearance.. your soul still needs to go at it’s own pace. I really could slap make up on and throw out some inspiring quote and wear some outfit that’s says “IM BACK!” .. but today I’m just hugging all women and saying … ” travel your journey.. at your own pace”  It occurred to me today .. that being myself is my gift. Yes I sing, act.. write etc. but I believe that when I am myself.. I inadvertently give others permission to do the same. I just got tired of The Whole pretense you know.. we all act like we have our ducks in a row . Truth is we are all just trying to be better. Social media is usually utilized as a means to show off.. and put the best package of yourself forward. I just want to be me.. however that comes across and whatever that means. #LamiLIVING “.

1. angie

September 26, 2016 at 3:37 pm

I feel you Lami! I absolutely hate the word snapback! I’m like madam, can you calm down and just focus on your little one. The pressure is real these days and I don’t know who’s fooling who. I did nothing for weightloss after the first 3 months but when i was ready, i did lose all of it. Ladies, pls calm down ehn…its not a competition.

2. Unknown

September 26, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Can feel you Ma…..Pls what’s the best way to lose weight…when you are doing Exclusive breast feeding.

3. Douglas

September 26, 2016 at 4:44 pm

But why is she trying to suck belle na…nonna my biz anyways

4. Dlp

September 26, 2016 at 10:21 pm

I just had a baby few days back, it is extremely different from my first baby. Just taking my time to take baby steps with d while body thing. I give kudos to all mothers out there

5. Annie

September 27, 2016 at 11:47 am

I honestly agree with Lami!
    Women,its not a competition!
    I was 18kg more,after having my LO….The weight refused to go till my ‘omugwo’ ended and I became very busy and also went back to work…..I started shedding the weight gradually.
    My LO is 9months old now,I’ve lost more than 18kg without even knowing till last week ,and then I realized that the clothes I wore b4 being preggy are now loose on me! Without being told ,you will not know I’ve had a baby.

Take your time,our bodies are different.It must not be as fast as Teyana’s! Gradually,you will get there.
    Always remember that you are beautiful the way you are!God used you to bring forth another human being to this planet!That alone is AMAZING!!!

6. Laura

September 29, 2016 at 4:10 pm

i think the whole ‘snapback’ thing is a western celebrity thing, this is Nigeria, we couldn’t care less about post baby bod. Who cares?