Scoop

Let’s Slip into something… Darker! WATCH the Official Trailer for “Fifty Shades Darker”

BellaNaija.com

Fifty Shades of Grey

Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson return as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades Darker, the second chapter based on the “Fifty Shades” phenomenon. Expanding upon events set in motion in 2015’s blockbuster film that grossed more than $560 million globally, the new installment arrives for Valentine’s Day and invites you to slip into something a shade darker.

When a wounded Christian Grey tries to entice a cautious Ana Steele back into his life, she demands a new arrangement before she will give him another chance. As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple, determined to destroy their hopes for a future together.

Also returning from Fifty Shades of Grey are Academy Award winner Marcia Gay Harden, Jennifer Ehle, Luke Grimes, Rita Ora, Victor Rasuk, Eloise Mumford and Max Martini who are joined for the first time by Oscar winner Kim Basinger, Hugh Dancy, Bella Heathcote and Eric Johnson.

Fifty Shades Darker is directed by James Foley (Fear, House of Cards) and produced by Michael De Luca, Dana Brunetti and Marcus Viscidi, alongside E. L. James, the creator of the culture-spanning blockbuster series. The screenplay is by Niall Leonard, based on the novel by James.

Watch it here:

1. Ezinne Osuagwu

September 14, 2016 at 9:42 am

All I can say is…Miguel’s rendition of crazy n love is soooooo cray!!

2. Books!

September 14, 2016 at 9:45 am

Whoop whoop! Cant wait o!

• cutewine

September 14, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Whoop whoop! me too o!
      lol ?

3. Prince

September 14, 2016 at 10:13 am

Hope they’ll allow us see it this time in Nigeria. Mad people

4. mz_titilitious

September 14, 2016 at 10:29 am

Can’t wait…

5. mz_titilitious

September 14, 2016 at 10:33 am

By the way, Lemme go n download dat song…

6. stefini

September 14, 2016 at 10:51 am

am not interested,the books are always way better…i’ll pass

• Iris

September 14, 2016 at 1:57 pm

NOOOO after watching the first one, this is the first time that I strongly believe a movie did the book a favour. That woman needs an editor. Kai! The book was just all over the place and Anastasia as the narrator just went ooonnn and oooonnnn and oooonnnn
      ‘Oh Fifty! I have hurt his feelings…Oh my poor Fifty’
      Mtchew. The movie was more palatable.

• Sherlie Holmes

September 14, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Iris you’re right. I started reading the book and got so irritated I couldn’t finish it. I didn’t watch the movie though, I may just check it out because this 2nd part looks interesting.

7. sweetzababe

September 14, 2016 at 11:10 am

Hmmm, I remember when the first one was released …..we saw used condoms and pants in the cinemas. Well I wonder what will happen February 2017. Keeping my fingers crossed. @stefini I feel you babe, prefer the books but dashed it out…. to hawt to handle.

• Books!

September 14, 2016 at 12:52 pm

LMAO, Biko tell me u r joiking about the used condoms and pants o?!

8. Xoxo

September 14, 2016 at 11:31 am

So this means they will still turn the last chapter into a movie too. Sigh. The first movie was really distasteful, I was so pissed cos it did not match the hype. Maybe because I’ve read the books. I really really hope this one will be better cos the books are so goooodddd!!!?

• whocares

September 14, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I am the opposite. I could not stand the books. I will deny this to anyone who knows me outside close personal friends, but I love my romance novels. So when my cousin first told me, I was so eager to read it! My cousin posted the book to me from where she was (i was broke at the time) that’s how real it was. Only for me to start and I could not continue. The book is beyond hopeless. I used to hold the same disdain I had for the book for the movie until one fine boring day. I was just watching and munching my groundut and flicked the channel and it was showing; then it became a grab pillow here, lie down properly on the couch, ask for blanket.. and the rest is history.
      Now, I am soo excited for part 2 I have been trolling my friends. lool. Still cant read the book. It is useless. However, the few pages I read, Mr. Grey was supposed to be taller in my imagination sha. He was supposed to be a more intense Bradley Copper with short hair. Choi. see epistle on top fifty shades. lool.

9. Tru

September 14, 2016 at 12:45 pm

Oyyyyy…already having goose pimples

10. Cynical

September 14, 2016 at 3:50 pm

I hav probably read fifty shades maybe like 5 times. I love love love the book….yup that bad. I know literally it was probably not up to scratch but I really dig the love story,the comple turn around and ‘conversion’ of Christian by this ‘inexperienced’ Ana. It’s really not about all that heavy stuff or is it?????lol….???It’s my go to book when I’m jobless and I read it like its my first time. Having said that,the movie was a comple let down, I can’t believe they decided to make a part 2.???

• The Real Oma

September 14, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Yup, me too, i can’t understood people who prefer the movie to the books sha. I loved loved the books but the movie, not so much. But i guess thats why we are all so different :))

11. Maxine

September 14, 2016 at 5:50 pm

50 Shades is basically the Marmite of bookdom…. You either love it or you hate it….. Lol…

12. tunmi

September 15, 2016 at 3:50 pm

My people my people lol. I was expecting promises of the world ending and too much nakedness or something.