News

NDLEA Finds Wraps of Cocaine in the Collar of a Man’s Jacket at Lagos Airport

Agwu Samuel

Agwu Samuel

Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) have discovered wraps of narcotics in the collar of a passenger’s jacket at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos, The Nation reports.

The suspect, Agwu Samuel, 31, was arrested shortly after he disembarked from the aircraft on his way from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

According to Ahmadu Garba, the NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, “Ten wraps of cocaine weighing 110 grammes were found inside the collar of his jacket during screening of passengers on a South Africa Airline flight from Brazil through Johannesburg. The drug which was carefully hidden inside his jacket tested positive for cocaine and investigation is ongoing.”

The suspect, in his statement said:

I used to sell shoes in Togo until I lost goods worth N3 million. This negatively affected my business and made me to travel to Brazil in a desperate search for greener pastures.

After a fruitless search for job in Brazil for four months, I decided to smuggle drugs to get some money to start my shoe business. I thought the drugs will not be detected inside my jacket but I was caught and I am very sad.

Photo Credit: The Nation

1. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 25, 2016 at 9:19 pm

When one door closes another opens. NEW METHOD COMING SOON, ?

2. Mr. Egghead

September 25, 2016 at 9:35 pm

They must have suspected something fishy when they saw him wearing a bloody winter jacket inside the musty heat of MMIA.
    Who does that?

• Nene

September 25, 2016 at 11:02 pm

??

• EC

September 26, 2016 at 6:58 am

Right. Like the jacket was not a dead giveaway lol.

We need drug sniffing dogs. If place needs them it’s nigeria.

3. AceOfSpades

September 25, 2016 at 9:49 pm

There is an increase in drug smuggling this days. There isn’t a day that go by without a case of a drug peddler getting caught. Drug isn’t even as lucrative as people paint it to be yet you face jail time and embarrassment for it!

4. chido

September 25, 2016 at 9:56 pm

@BN check ur spellings, arrestedd and hortly,shld b arrested shortly

5. Marlvina

September 25, 2016 at 10:19 pm

They’re always selling shoes. Smh! Hmmmm btw all these drugs confiscated by NDLEA what do they do with them? Just thinking out loud..

6. Oo

September 25, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Cops seize it; whack it down to nothing n sell it back to us

7. EE

September 26, 2016 at 5:42 am

Well he smuggled with swag!

8. Ada

September 26, 2016 at 7:12 am

Drug smugglers have increased in these Buhari streets

9. Marian

September 26, 2016 at 7:40 am

Mehn!!! So tired of all these people messing up our reputation. The rest of us get subjected to stupid rules cuz of all these crap. My flight was almost cancelled today due to an embargo on some countries. Was so close to crying, like i just worked my butts off the last two weeks for this vacation only for them to be telling me nonsense at the airport. I don’t work hard for all these profiling. Just be content with what you have people. Naija can’t be great if some of yall keep doing drugs and yahoo yahoo.

10. I_I

September 26, 2016 at 7:46 am

NCAN . . .

• Muse

September 26, 2016 at 8:32 am

From NL, chaiii….

11. Sophie

September 26, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Why doors are closing and economy is melting down and some people are giving Nigerian bad name with their illegal activity, aunty Bella, their is a young Nigerian girl Damini Summers in new york right who just made her first fashion debut at dcfashionweek washington. Check out

12. frank heinrich

May 26, 2017 at 3:48 pm

to make money is not easy, but is just a devil problem , who never commit sin to money before , i just say sorry the 2 people everybody is looking for the way to sourseed.