Scoop

Kelly Clarkson Reveals she made her Husband get a Vasectomy

Kelly Clarkson and husband

Kelly Clarkson was not joking when she said that she doesn’t want to have more kids a couple of days ago.

The 34-year-old singer and mum of three has revealed, during an interview on SiriusXM’s The Jenny McCarthy Show, that she made her husband Brandon Blackstock get a vasectomy.

She said “I was literally pregnant with Remi, and I was like, ‘You are getting fixed. This will never happen to me again’. If something happens, it’s a miracle of God. I literally told my OBGYN on the table while open, ‘If I get pregnant again, I will find you!’ I was like hospitalized both pregnancies. And then I thought, I wanted another little buddy [for River]. I didn’t want a kid to just be an odd man out because I felt like that a lot. I wanted her to have somebody her age, like when we’re traveling. And so I thought, ‘OK, we’ll just do it again.’ I was like, ‘There’s no way it can happen again,’ but it was worse. Remi‘s pregnancy was worse than River‘s.”

Listen below.

1. Mr. Egghead

October 7, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Why would any man allow his wife make him do something like that?
    She should have just tied her tubes if she didn’t want to have any more children. Would have been way easier to do it at her CS
    What if their union falls apart tomorrow and she files for full custody of the kids?
    Just leaves the bros with all guns no bullets

• Aya Oyinbo

October 7, 2016 at 3:16 pm

she should just have tied her tubes. so you want a woman to do that, but a man can’t. egg head is truly your name. newsflash reversing tied tubes is also as complicated as reversing a vasectomy, women have been handling birth control for centuries now, it’s high time men jumped on the bandwagon. let me feed you pills every day of the year and see how you will like it, or inject something in your arm, or insert a device up your penis (IUD) and see how you tolerate it. you are a egghead truly

• Mr. Egghead

October 7, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Honestly I weighed the benefits of giving you a response since you seem to be almost neck deep in what I think is ignorance and nothing will probably epp your condition.

Not everything is a gender war. Sometimes, it is elementary logic
      She was already cut open for her caesarean section. It COST HER NOTHING to have her tubes snipped/tied at that point. The worst complication would have been prolonged operating time.
      Instead, she preferred to get down from the table and then subject her husband to unnecessary pain.
      Combined OCs actually reduce the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.

You think men don’t want to take charge of their fertility?
      Many western men would give an arm to be able to have sex with random women without the risk of having a baby mama coming to claim child support after nine months.
      You think Chris Brown wouldn’t have paid for a way to be sure that Nia Guzman didn’t deliberately forget her pills or puncture his condoms.
      The only reason vasagel hasn’t become a thing is because the contraceptive business is a billion-dollar industry. Imagine you make a profit selling gallons of water in a village, then one day some clown start drilling boreholes for everybody

Finally, you don’t know the meaning of egghead. Nope, you don’t

• slice

October 7, 2016 at 3:35 pm

So after all she’s been through to HV both kids, if you were her man, you wld rather subject her to another surgery than man up and take one for the team

• miini

October 9, 2016 at 6:53 am

My Egghead, COCs reduce the risk of breast cancer ke? Iro o. Had to quickly run and check my ten teachers coz I was wondering if I was getting it twisted. COCs esp with >5yr use actually INCREASE the risk of break cancer. The risk of cervical cancer too increases with the duration of COC use. I guess you meant to say ovarian and endometial cancer, ud have been right about those.

• Oby

October 7, 2016 at 3:35 pm

To your point – I think a vasectomy is reversible while getting her tubes tied isn’t. Please note that I am not condoning this! Personally, I don’t think anyone should make her/his spouse do anything to their body, you really never how things pan out in this life. That’s how Ne-yo made is baby mama tie her tubes only to marry someone else.

• Cocolette

October 7, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Dr Egghead, when you have a wife, let her tie her tubes, hian!

• Sugabelly

October 8, 2016 at 11:46 pm

Just tied her tubes.

JUST.

JUST uno.

Tying your tubes is major and often irreversible surgery.

Vasectomies can be done in a doctor’s office during lunch break.

Men are just as responsible for family planning as women.

More men should get vasectomies.

2. Aya Oyinbo

October 7, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Tell that to a Nigerian man, his mother will come knocking at your door so fast, you would think you killed Jesus. hahahahaha. Oyinbo husband sweet, i won’t lie. There are some things my own family try with my husband that i always have to remind them, they won’t do if he was Nigerian. Like this past week, they came over and were asking the hubster to please make food for them because he makes the meanest english breakfast and see my family all lounging around waiting to be called to come and eat. Lunchtime came, he cooked again, the sky didn’t fall. Me i don’t know how to cook so i kuku submit the kitchen to him and no in-laws to turn their noses up as if i committed original sin. No need to walk on egg shells around him. He isn’t seen as a demi god. Oko Ile. If women can be popping pills and hormonal nonsense for birth control, why can’t a man have a vasectomy. no side effects, no weight gain, no increased risk of cancer. Better husband

• Toks

October 8, 2016 at 12:41 am

I beg to differ Jo. It’s all down to the man. Aya oyibo, I’m sorry your husband cooking for your family isn’t exclusive to oyibo. My bro in law does this as well and he’s a typical Niger man. He brings us breakfast in bed whenever my sister and I both go round. I can go on and on but I’ll stop here,

I hate when people make black men feel inadequate. There are some good black men out there.

• M.N

October 8, 2016 at 1:14 am

Please stop making noise as if your husband isn’t the exception and not the rule. You think I’m joking? Tweet that your husband does all the cooking and see. I’m really fed up of people being in denial and acting like they’re blind to what 3/4 Nigerian women go through.

• slice

October 8, 2016 at 10:20 am

Does he have a brother?

3. S!

October 7, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Selfish of her. Why didn’t she Sterilise herself?

• aya oyinbo

October 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm

really!!!! you must be a man. Men have been selfish for generations by making women handle birth control. from pills, to injections, to IUD even abortions. no one calls the man selfish or a woman putting herself through what nature didn’t originally intend for her man’s pleasure. to use condom for many men wahala, but they expect you the woman to handle her business. when a man finally does the right thing, the woman is seen as selfish. do you know how many women have gotten cancer from birth control pills?

• Yinka

October 7, 2016 at 4:43 pm

I totally agree! Why can’t men take some responsibility regarding this issue? Really selfish lot!

• EE

October 8, 2016 at 1:55 am

*Sigh* We’re comparing historical contributions now??? I mean its not like men have died in larger numbers keeping women safe, not like the rights you enjoy today, given and guaranteed to you by men, not like everything of importance you use today created by men, not like you literally would not exist if not for a man.

But sure, we’re your enemies because “we have been selfish for generations”, so what does that make all the women who have ever entrapped a man, relied on his sweat for spousal child support, does that make them “our” enemies??

Going down that rabbit hole, do you really think a war with men is something women can win?? Because when I think of female warriors, I think the Amazons, the Vietnamese women that kicked a Chinese garrison out, the Dahomean female corps, yeah, I wouldn’t exactly be proud of their martial feats. Spoilers, you don’t bring a knife to a gunfight basically.

This is literally a shrug and move on issue, but you just had to polarise the issue. Congratulations you drew a line and we picked sides, oh joy!!

4. FinchleysFinest

October 7, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Warris happening to this generation?

5. AceOfSpades

October 7, 2016 at 3:37 pm

In a relationship, there is no equal love. The best you can find is 49% to 51%….two people can never love each other equally fully. In this case the husband is like 70% and the wife is 30% which is not a bad thing if the husband is ok with it.

Before women will jump and support her just think if you had a son and his wife wants him to get this done, would you be cool with it too?

• Nahum

October 8, 2016 at 2:13 am

I have a son and yes I would! Why you ask? BECAUSE IT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS!!!! This is between a married couple and when it comes to birth control, I, as his mom should have no say! It is a vasectomy, it can be reversed.

6. Baby gurl

October 7, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Wow. Not being a nasty Nancy but what if they divorce and he meets someone else who wants a baby. Or well, what if they don’t divorce. Their cup of tea. Hopefully they don’t regret. Vasectomy is a huge commitment!

7. Kikelola

October 7, 2016 at 3:48 pm

There’s an astounding amount of ignorance in the statement that a vasectomy is more invasive than a tubal ligation. It’s quite the opposite, and please, he’s a grown man who willingly had the procedure done.

8. hadiza

October 7, 2016 at 4:55 pm

@S!, u are very stupid. Can men rise up to the occasion for once?? is it only women that enjoy sex?? u are not well upstairs. Latest research have shown that birth control pills n instruments are the leading cause of cancer in women. It’s high time men started taking control of their sexual lives and letting women rest. @aya oyinbo, I love ur comment.

9. Residentdr

October 7, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Have u heard of post tubal ligation syndrome?? Yea Google it. Men if you love your wife and Your present kids are truly financially dependent on you then this wouldn’t even be a question. Vasectomy is reversible, it is an office procedure, it takes nothing but 5 mins to perform, here in the US it costs $100 , most insurance companies will pay for it…….now tubal ligation…this cost upwards of $1k , IT IS A SURGERY , the risks of endometriosis is fatally high, it is very hard to reverse without complications during the pregnancy, the side effects alone…..

This is a no Brainer. I think only selfish men wouldn’t want to do this. In a beautiful marriage he will even suggest it, forget the “I am african” talk , only insecure uneducated(even with phds) men say that. Do your research people.

• Mr. Egghead

October 7, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Obamacare covers both male and female sterilisation, there is little or no out of pocket payment to be made.

“Vasectomy is reversible, it is an office procedure, it takes nothing but 5 mins to perform,”
      -Maybe you didn’t arrange your sentence well but this statement is untrue. Vasectomy reversal is NOT an office procedure. Yes, it can be reversed but that is in the realm of microsurgery, it is bloody expensive and it doesn’t always work.
      For all purposes, vasectomies are seen as permanent.

Post Tubal Ligation syndrome is believed to be iatrogenic i.e doctor induced. Information is not very clear and the incidence is low.
      Telling a woman not to do tubal ligation just because of PTLS is like telling a sick man not to undergo a surgery because the doctor might forget something in his stomach.

‘The risk of endometriosis is fatally high’
      This is just untrue. Check medscape or utd.

I’m not yet a resident but facts are facts.

• EE

October 8, 2016 at 1:42 am

Omo you brave sha, I’ve started to filter topics, the editorial team clearly meant to be a circle-jerk.

In a slightly different albeit related matter, heard of Marissa Mayer’s latest controversy??? Got me thinking, what other site do I frequent has had such a, I’ll say far pink tilt??? I mean BN has never been male-tilted, but recently the narrative has shifted, the middle-ground is dead. I mean FFS scroll through today’s news.

???????I suppose BellaNaija is now like my yahoomail, I keep returning hoping the magic will return, but nope, most of the time in the comment section these days, just anger no banter. BRING BACK OUR BANTS ARTICLES!!

Geez, slowly turning everybody into angry spinsters, and yes, I said angry spinsters! everybody knows bachelors live the grooving baby boy life till they die??

P.S For balance sake, after today’s daily evisceration, run the Mayer article. I atleast still enjoy
      observing our resident Nazis show their bias.

• slice

October 8, 2016 at 10:24 am

eE you’re just being unnecessarily crass.

10. Mahka

October 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Nawa o, this one pass me. She’s not even bearing his name n expects him to literally cut his balls.

11. Mrs chidukane

October 7, 2016 at 9:27 pm

See the BOYS here commenting and jumping up and down,rubbish. When a REAL MAN acts, boys please keep quiet. He did what he had to do like women have been doing forever. A vasectomy is very reversible , in fact some reverse naturally. The same cannot be said for the female getting her tubes tied. Time and time again men actually show they’re usually the weaker sex when it comes down to it. No way can they go through what women go through; periods,pregnancy,childbirth ,etc . If it is about having multiple sex partners you’ll see them shining, mtcheeeeeew.

• M.N

October 8, 2016 at 1:17 am

Don’t mind Mr Egghead. Just happy to see that people are finally fed up of his BS. He’ll now type second epistle to Corinthians as if he’s making sense. At least that kind of confidence will help him through the corporate world

• EE

October 8, 2016 at 1:43 am

You mean like a “real woman” makes the time to cook a fresh pot of soup weekly or is it daily??? Anyways “real women” do it!!

????????

12. Emem

October 8, 2016 at 6:59 am

Actually she had her tubes tied too. I think its something they decided to do together.

13. yemirae

October 8, 2016 at 10:56 am

Very selfish of her. She’s the one who doesn’t want kids anymore so she should have tied her tubes. Just plain logic and it has nothing to do with the gender BS. If u want a bunch of bananas, climb the tree and get it. Don ask someone else to do it for you. PS. I’m a woman! No one should come and start masturbating under my comment

• Lol

October 8, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Your comment isn’t desirable enough to masturbate under. No one will even stress trying to explain to you seeing as she also had their tubes tied and you can use google to see the difference

14. miini

October 9, 2016 at 7:06 am

Btw ibdont even understand why everybody is worked up over this and turning it to another gender contest *side eyes to Mr Egghead* .this people are married for Pete’s sake and I’m sure they had a long conversation before the man went to get the procedure done. Getting him to do it to me is just a figure of speech, apparently she ddnt force him. They are married. Marriage is NOT a contest or a place for passive agressive battles, jeez. All this silly stereotype of what a men and women should do in marriage is what is making us backward. He got a vasectomy as a means of birth control. It’s not that deep really.

Seriously, you men at times just keep amazing me *side eyes to egghead and his family*