Relationships

Daniel Ademinokan says the Secret to a Successful Relationship is Laughter | Stella Damasus replies “You brought the laughter back into my life”

BellaNaija.com

daniel-ademinokan-stella-damasusFilmmaker Daniel Ademinokan and his actress partner Stella Damasus shared some relationship gems last night.

Talking about the secret to a successful and happy relationship, Daniel posted on Instagram:

“One big lesson I’ve learnt about relationships…the importance of LAUGHTER! Yeah. You’ve got to always find the need to laugh. Laugh with yourselves. Laugh at yourselves. Laugh at your pain, differences and the fact that one of you can NEVER have an America accent even if you’ve been coming to America for 20 years! (Don’t ask me who). Above all, find the funny in every situation. It doesn’t mean you won’t have things to fight, stress and cry about…but find the funny in all of it.

Life in itself is hard enough, why complicate it further by always discussing serious issues when it’s bed time, after a hard day’s work? Jeeeeez! Haven’t you noticed that most times couples sit down to talk, it’s always about the kids, bills, the broken garage door that needs fixing, work stress, plans for the future or the need to get therapy (now I don’t know where that came from ???).

Ask yourself, when was the last time you had a good laugh together? I mean a good belly laugh. If it’s an Instagram post, a YouTube video, a comedy special on Netflix, the weird neighbor who always struggles with the garbage can when it’s trash day…find that funny! If you have to put on your wife’s wig and perform a Beyoncรฉ song holding the hairbrush as a microphone…do it and have some fun! (Come to me for lessons). It’s so easy to find the pain and hurt in a situation but if you relax and look closer, you’ll find the funny

People have quizzed me why I can be very silly sometimes. It’s simple, HE WHO LAUGHS IS THE ONE WHO LASTS. I intend to last as long as age 120. Hahaha! Don’t expect to see ONLY serious stuff on my social media pages. Life is serious so I’m not gonna take everything so seriously and miss out on the funny things life has to offer me. I’ve got God’s Love on my side, I have Jesus in my heart and the Holy Spirit always available to guide me…well, I’ve got no choice but to find the funny in my relationship.

So as you get to bed tonight, find that funny. Tell a dry joke. If he/she doesn’t laugh at the joke then you have to laugh at how dry and silly your joke was. Stay blessed people and have a funny week ahead.

#Motivation #RealTalk #DaBishopChronicles #MrAndMrs”

Stella Damasus replied him in the comment section of the post saying@dabishop007 you have got my love too boo. Thank God for a man like you who is so intelligent, God fearing, creative, hardworking, loving and very very funny. You brought the laughter back into my life. Thank you for this inspiring message. It’s time to do that seminar honey. There are too many things some people need to hear you say. If only the world knew what you had to offer. I am inspired every single day by you. Love you too much”

1. le coco

November 7, 2016 at 9:09 am

uh huh! .

2. keyyna

November 7, 2016 at 10:00 am

I hope this couple’s story won’t be like that of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Keep laughing o Daniel, n Stella as much as I wish you happiness, at least you could have said CAPITAL NO to Daniel when he started expressing feelings towards you. Knowing fully well he had a wife in the same industry as you, whether they were divorced or not. I bet you there are a thousand and one men out there that could have made you happy and laugh all you want. Una fear God ooo, please.

3. Paul Adeyemo

November 7, 2016 at 10:06 am

I have a feeling there is more to this guy and Dorris breakup. I believe this guy has a big evidence against Dorris, I don’t understand why a woman will leave her son to be raised by another woman while still alive. Dorris to an extent is a celebrity, she can raise money to launch a case against this guy in the US where family court is very sensitive to child custody. I have a big feeling that Daniel has evidence to nail Dorris in a child custody battle.

• tosyn anthony

November 7, 2016 at 10:16 am

I swear that was the exact thing i was thinking because me I don’t understand how you can leave your young child with your ex-husband when you are capable. there is something more than we know.

• anonymous

November 7, 2016 at 12:03 pm

First time i have ever agreed with you.

• RIFF RAFF

November 7, 2016 at 12:10 pm

I always said it: Forget the “she’s waiting for God to vindicate her” the ex wife looks like she is gagged; Never once did she protest at least for her boy. I remember about two years ago or so, i read Daniel’s post where he was praising his new woman, and he said something like “if people knew the truth, dem go fall for ground”.
      To preserve her reputation, the ex wife has no option than to dance to these two dunces’ tunes while trying to console herself with the fact that her son will have “better life in Yankee”.
      You know how our society can be callous towards women (esp wives) who “goof”

• Nene

November 7, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Gbam

• Hazz

November 7, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Common! One has to be logical and the fact you are not in their situation you can not reach such conclution. She wants what’s best for her child and that might be the thought of her son studying in the usa havinf a better life and education which is by far better than having him in a messes up nigeria. I’m sure it would have been a hard decision but think about it she is a single woman and an actress, how much time will she have with the boy anyway with her career? Why make him suffer not having both parents when he can have one full time. Would it be better if it was nanny, aunty or grandparents rating him? She gets to visit him anytime and who kmows the father might be footing half of the trip which could be part of the deal . It doesn’t mean she loves him less but thinking about his future one has to llevel emotions and be smart because wwats done is done.

• o

November 7, 2016 at 4:38 pm

But what kind of evidence can he possibly have that made her keep mute? It’s not like she killed someone. Patapata she cheated on him (just using as example) does that warrant her silence? Anyway God sees and knows all. Whatever the case, the wicked will not go unpunished. Whoever that might be in this case. I know some women that don’t like to cause trouble sven when fighting for their right. Doris might just be such a person.

• Busola

November 7, 2016 at 8:12 pm

What can the evidence possibly be though? That Doris cheated on him is the biggest one I can think of which to me is not the biggest crime looking at how cheating has become a norm nowadays. I don’t support it. Don’t make assumptions just because she’s not talking about it to the public means she’s hiding something. Silence does not necessarily mean you are right or wrong. I know when my aunt’s marriage ended her husband’s family fought tooth and nail to get full custody of their baby. My family went there to beg them to allow us to see the baby. No, they won and till today their child is with them but visits her mom once in a while. The guy remarried and moved to Ireland with their child being raised by stepmom. Everybody thinks my aunt didn’t fight back or she’s at wrong only because the child is raised by her dad. They have no idea about the scary details of what this family has done to keep my aunt away.
      Just like Angelina and Brad pitt, everybody talked bad about jennifer Aniston for some time that brad looks happier now. It must be her fault that Brad stepped out. But look at the end result.

4. Gbogbo Bigz Girlz

November 7, 2016 at 10:12 am

Desperate people don’t fear God. Once you become desperate for marriage, money, sex, fame, anything, the fear of God vanishes.
    Pele Doris, I pray you meet a man who’ll make you laugh.

5. OJ

November 7, 2016 at 10:16 am

Aunty Stella, just admit it that this married man prick dey sweet you well well….Hian!!!!

• Marlvina

November 7, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Lmao! When last did I hear such word P…..?

• Obi

November 7, 2016 at 2:45 pm

lmaaooooo ”he say na prick”

6. Loki

November 7, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Everyone is assuming that ALL women are maternal. I know a couple that got divorced, the wife fought for and got custody of the younger kid. The older kid wanted to stay with his dad. After a couple of months, the mother, came to “give” the kid in her custody to his father saying it was stress looking after him, and demanded some money from the father in exchange for the kid. Father ended up with full custody of his two sons. The woman never checked up on those kids after that even though she stayed unmarried.
    I’m not saying that is what happened in this case but sometimes, truth can be stranger than fiction.

7. NYC

November 7, 2016 at 7:37 pm

AND YOU SAY YOU LOVE GOD BUT DAILY LIVING IN THE SIN OF FORNICATION..SATAN IS LAUGHING WHILE HE IS STEALING FROM YOUR DESTINIES. THAT’S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE CONTINUE TO LIVE IN SIN.

8. NYC

November 7, 2016 at 7:44 pm

JUST MARRY!!!

• o

November 7, 2016 at 10:29 pm

They are married already….. #lowkey

9. Mz 'rike

November 8, 2016 at 7:54 am

if they are so sure of their love, they should relocate to Nigeria and live it out.
    It’s just all shades of wrong, how would you date/marry the ex-husband or husband of a younger colleague.