Music

Nigeria’s Wizkid & Kah-lo Nominated for the 2017 Grammy Awards

BellaNaija.com

kah-lo-bellanaija

Nigerian, Faridah Demola Seriki better known as Kah-Lo, a rising international artiste and daughter of former Minister of Defence and Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos State, Chief Demola Seriki, has been nominated for the prestigious Grammy Awards.

Kah-Lo, an alumna of Hofstra University in the United States of America, was nominated for Best Dance Recording for the song “Rinse & Repeat” where she was featured by Riton.

Faridah announced the nomination on her Instagram page @thatkahlo, with the photo below;

_-kahlo-2017-grammy_1_bellanaija

The song ‘Rinse and repeat’ was released in 2016. According to AN24, ‘Rinse & Repeat’ has been streamed 5 million times on Spotify and played 1.5 million times on YouTube less than a month after its release.

Watch the Video for ‘Rise & Repeat’

Wizkid has also grabbed a nomination at the 59th Grammys courtesy of Drake‘s 2016 album, Views which was nominated for Best Album.

The award is given to the main artiste, the featured artiste(s), the producer, the engineer and/or mixer and the mastering engineer. Wizkid has credit as both producer and featured artiste on Views.

The singer also co-produced and featured in the song “One Dance” in the album.

Photo Credit & Source: AN24, Instagram | @thatkahlo, TheNewsNigeria

1. Ms__dale

December 7, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Really, Bellanaija? Remove Drake, please show me Wizkid’s nomination?!!!??????

2. www.ckjacob.com

December 7, 2016 at 11:52 pm

They must win!!
    Favor upon Wizkid. God is on his side.

• Celeste

December 8, 2016 at 12:16 pm

And the devil is on the other side or sides?

3. EE

December 8, 2016 at 12:08 am

Congratulations!

They’re losing to Adele and Chainsmokers though.??????Being right>>>>>Patriotism.

4. xplorenollywood.com

December 8, 2016 at 12:20 am

Congratulations for the work done guys! @wizkid working with drake was a good match! Hope you win this.

5. Rima

December 8, 2016 at 12:35 am

Congratulations guys, hope u win by Hods grace amen

6. bruno

December 8, 2016 at 12:41 am

nigerian politicians allowing their children to live out their dreams abroad while they are destroying other people’s childrens hopes and dreams back here in Nigeria. make una continue.

as for album of the year, forget it. its between adele and Beyonce.

one dance is a corny ass song.

• Mrs chidukane

December 8, 2016 at 9:29 am

Don’t mind them. Blood sucking demons. Wicked people.

• Sherlie Holmes

December 8, 2016 at 3:52 pm

LMAO @bruno…so ra e o! Me I gbadun one dance!

• Dami

December 8, 2016 at 8:14 pm

I I agree. Adele will most likely win it.

• nene

December 8, 2016 at 10:23 pm

preach!

7. Reelest

December 8, 2016 at 12:52 am

I’m disappointed that “one dance”, a song that spent weeks and weeks on top the charts didn’t get nominated in any singles category. However, the idea that “best album” means that anybody remotely associated with the album receives a grammy by proxy if it wins is desperately clutching at straws. Does it mean that Don jazzy has received a nomination for best rap album for his work on “watch the throne”? Don’t think I heard anyone talk about it. Why trawl the grammy rule books now?

• Ameboperson

December 8, 2016 at 6:05 am

Reelest the reelest a.k.a The real Nigerian. Why did you change name nah? ??.

• Prince Charming

December 8, 2016 at 7:12 am

@Ameboperson, thanks for blowing the whistle. She can change her name all she wants, but if she doesn’t stop coming at me like she always does, I’ll always give her a nasty piece of me.

• Prince Charming

December 8, 2016 at 8:38 am

I like the real nigerian sha. There is something about her that makes me want to know her. Despite all the nasty comments we’ve exchanged, I still like her.

• David

December 8, 2016 at 12:55 pm

It doesn’t apply to Don Jazzy because rap album is a genre category. If it was the general Album of the Year category then yes. Don’t undermine Wizkid’s success. Different elements go into making songs and albums a success and Drake was clearly influenced by his collaborators to make that hit.

8. Prince Charming

December 8, 2016 at 6:05 am

Wizkid co-produced “One Dance”, but did he really feature in it? I don’t think so.

• I hate hypocrites

December 8, 2016 at 7:40 am

You are a big fool! The song clearly says featuring wizkid!! Why are you hating?? Hating on someone else won’t make you horrible life better.

• Prince Charming

December 8, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Who is this one again? Don’t mess with me oh. I spit fire.

• faye

December 8, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Actually he did. He’s the one in the background saying something like “back up and wind”

• Prince Charming

December 8, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I’ll have to go and listen to the song again.

9. Notimeforstinkingthings

December 8, 2016 at 8:49 am

Wizkid all the way.

10. Truth-be-told

December 8, 2016 at 8:50 am

Exactly! You’re a “Charming Prince” remember. Be nice ?

• Prince Charming

December 8, 2016 at 9:28 am

Yeah, you are absolutely right. I posted some very nasty comments yesterday, and I was mortified when I read them this morning. @A Real Nigerian, I’m awfully sorry about yesterday. Accept my unreserved apology.

11. David

December 8, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Wizkid is the first Nigerian artist to be nominated for Album of The Year at the Grammys. DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE.

• On point

December 9, 2016 at 10:55 am

Wizkid WAS NOT nominated for any Grammy awards. I repeat, WAS NOT nominated. I’ve gone through the nominees list several times and his name WAS NOT there. You can twist and bend facts all you like, but Wizkid will never be referred to as “Grammy nominated” or “Grammy winning” outside the shores of Nigeria, based on his work on Drake’s album (of course he could get nominated or win in another year). “One dance” did a lot for Wizkid, but it DID NOT deliver a video or a Grammy nomination. DEAL WITH IT!

12. collins

December 8, 2016 at 6:22 pm

wizkid is not nominated for any grammy.he is only being appreciated by the grammy awards for being a featured artist and possibly a producer.at the end,only drake will carry the award.chikena