News

“About three, four or five people will die” before I can be Extradited to the U.S – Sen. Buruji Kashamu

BellaNaija.com

Senator Buruji Kashamu

Senator representing Ogun East Senatorial District, Buruji Kashamu has said that about 3 to 5 people will die before he can be successfully extradited to the U.S.

A U.S. appeal court last week, upheld the ruling against Kashamu, who is facing drug charges related to the hit TV show, “Orange is the New Black.”

Following the ruling, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), through it Head, Public Affairs, Mitchell Ofoyeju, has said it will push for the senator’s arrest and extradition as it has now been “emboldened and strengthened”. Ofoyeju said the agency we will push for the vacation of every injunction stopping them from arresting Kashamu

Kashamu has described the move as illegal, adding that any attempt to ‘abduct’ him will be met with violence as he has planned to engage the services of members of the Oodua Peoples’ Congress (OPC) for protection.

He said that the case brought against him by the U.S. Government had been laid to rest by two British courts 14 years ago, and three Nigerian courts in 2015, all of which he said were not appealed.

In a statement titled, ‘US court ruling: I have no case to answer’, dated January 28, 2017, Kashamu maintained that he was not the offender wanted in the U.S., but his younger brother, Adewale Kashamu, who is now late.

“My brother was living in Chicago, I sent him to school. He’s very well educated. He was the one having girlfriends there; he was the one who caused a lot of problems. Even when I was in London, they still traced almost $2m into his bank account while I was in prison; they still continued doing the transaction. If you go through the last British judgment, it is there. The Interpol people were the ones who went to the bank and got all the information, and carried all the documents, they came to London and gave evidence in court.

The Beninoise Interpol produced evidence showing that the Benin telephone number, through which the US offenders communicated with their West African collaborators, belonged to my brother, Adewale Kashamu, and not me, Buruji Kashamu.

When they were looking for him, the NDLEA people went to his house here; they searched his house. They went to his car company, they sealed his car company and they took over 30 vehicles from there. He ran away.

He was using the office of Remi Adiukwu Oluwalogbon on Allen Avenue. For three good years, he did not pay Remi Adiukwu. The NDLEA people sealed the car company and they confirmed this in one of their letters.

There is no extradition that can be brought against me again. The only thing they can do is to watch and catch me on the road; take me to the airport or Cotonou or throw me inside a vessel and take me through the Atlantic Ocean. But I am not going to let that happen.

I don’t go to the beach, and now, I will go and hire OPC, may be like 40. I will load them (in my vehicle), because the day we meet, one has to kill one. That is for sure! One has to kill one because I am not ready to go anywhere. Before that happens, maybe about three, four or five people will die.

But I do not believe that this government can entertain this kind of rubbish. I do believe that this government has integrity and they (officials) are credible; they believe in the rule of law, because if they want to do it, they could have done it.

Obasanjo has been pushing them, using one Sandra, a former ambassador of the United States; he’s the one pushing everybody, meeting all these judges, but what have I done?” Kashamu stated.

Source: PUNCH

1. Amaa

January 30, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Correct me if I am wrong Oga mi you said you went to prison and is there no law that says you can not hold an elected position once you are an ex convict. Secondly why are you afraid, the USA is a country where you can get the best lawyers to defend your case if all you said is true . It’s not like Naija where the rule of law is thrown out . OPC will not save my friend go and answer your query and stop embarrassing your senseless self

• Wale

January 30, 2017 at 2:01 pm

The fear of Trump is the beginning of wisdom. Once he comes here the chances of him getting a fair trial as a Nigerian drug pusher is almost nil. No OPC man will have himself killed because of a drug dealer o! He should be ashamed of himself, so he doesn’t mind people getting killed in order to protect himself. How did he become a Nigerian senator if he is an ex convict? Mehn, that country is messed up.

• yahoo

January 30, 2017 at 4:59 pm

He is not an ex-convict, he was held in prison while is case was on which of course is a criminal case and he was eventually acquitted of the charges.

• skyhigh

January 30, 2017 at 9:31 pm

And this man threatening murder and mayhem sits and makes laws for nigeriaas a senator????…sighs

2. Icrossmyheart

January 30, 2017 at 2:34 pm

But I thought only Igbos pushed drugs and did 419? How is it that in one family, two sons not of Igbo soil were involved in drug dealing and defrauding people.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I just dey think am oh. Only difference be say Igbo like risk dem dey go China, Indonesia, Saudi where if caught na death penalty oh.

Mehn Nigeria……which way forward? A convicted criminal is a senator? And he wants to kill 5 people for a crime that he allegedly committed. I thought they were to serve people. How can you want to kill people you claim to serve?

Nigeria has potential. It has potential. But it is too large to govern. I am truly truly advocating for a breakdown of this country. Let the North be a country of its own. The southwest be a country of its own and the south east. When it is smaller and people will demand better from these leaders. Because it is truly getting too damn much to bear.

3. Iris

January 30, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Am i slow this morning? I just read this article. How is it related to Orange is the New Black?

4. Victor Adegoke

January 30, 2017 at 3:21 pm

When we have people like Senator Buruji at the helm of affairs in Nigeria, then we need Prayers.

5. GANNY OGUNSHAKIN

January 30, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Kashamu Buruji. Weather you like or you no like by the end of February this year you will be extradited back to the United States of America to atone for your sins to the Government and the People of the United States of America period. Members of the Oodua People’s Congress are not interested in your mess. If you believe it’s your late brother that was responsible for the said crime. Why don’t you travel back to the United States of America to clear your name? After all, you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. . Don’t think because your younger brother is deseased and can no longer defend himself. You can lie on him / use that as an excuse to cover up all the atrocities you and your younger brother committed together in the United States of America.. I was born yesterday. But not yesterday’s night. Oodua peoples Congress members are not that stupid. I believe they’ve seen the likes of you before. You are going to prison for a very, very, very long time. You can take all the time you have now to tatto all the images of people and places of interest to you in Nigeria, particularly the pictures of all your dearest loved ones. Because you will never see majority of them again except in your miserable dreams. You will die inside the American prison. After your death. Your deseased body / bones will continue to serve what’s left of your sentence. Just to let you know. You messed with America. Kashamu Buruji. Time to pay. A word is enough for the wise. I ‘ m just saying.

6. yahoo

January 30, 2017 at 5:08 pm

I was suppose to propose a constiutuency project idea to this man last month, he is of course the senator in charge of my constituency but the stark truth is the man is not accessible at all, and a man like this with is criminal antecedent there is no way he can key into my idea as he looks banal and not very intelligent to me. Naija which way!, 4 yankee all their lawmakers are very very intelligent and accessible to members of their constituency.