Scoop

“Can we start all over again? Can we correct the mistakes?” – Yvonne Nelson Pays Tribute to her Late Father

BellaNaija.com

Ghollywood actress, Yvonne Nelson, who recently lost her father took to Instagram to confirm the loss of her father and write a heartfelt tribute to him.

The actress expressed how she wished she had a better relationship with him as he wasn’t really around while growing up.

She wrote in her caption;

“Rest in Peace Father ❤. This picture was taken on the 6th of this month…, I have only two pictures with my Father, and this is one of them…..so much I wanted to talk about…..so much I wanted to say…..but God knows best….I know you are in HEAVEN……I know we’ll meet again and talk about it all…..there were days I cried to my mum to bring me to yours……there were days I couldn’t wait to see you and talk to you just for a minute….I longed to hold your hand…..I longed to sit on your lap…..I longed for all of that……can we still do that when I see you in HEAVEN?? Can we start all over again?? Can we correct the mistakes??? I longed for you so much. I have nothing but love for you…….❤in His last days….he always mentioned God in everything he said…why?? Because there’s no one GREATER ?? sleep well father #MRNELSON”

Our heart and prayers are with her. May he rest in peace

1. Awiase

January 25, 2017 at 12:44 pm

So proud you finally let it go,dear.

2. t to the u

January 25, 2017 at 12:48 pm

dear yvonne, sorry for your loss, but i think you are just trying to seek public sympathy. i say this because, on several ‘FATHERS DAY’, you always put your mothers pic on social media and tell your fans that your mom is both your FATHER and MOTHER. then make allegations that your dad ‘did not take care of you’. then in interviews, you throw shots that the man was not available. so dont pretend you reached out to him because you didnt. he is dead now. all the opportunities to bury the hatchet are gone. this shouldnt be an emotional period for you coz in your own words ‘my mom was a father and mother for me’

• Bimbo

January 25, 2017 at 6:04 pm

What is your business? Obviously they had a complicated relationship and you were not part of it so it’s a wonder you can sit and type what you don’t understand, madam expert !

• slice

January 25, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Are you high???? She was the child. Pls reset your brain asap. She was not required to do anythingfor a non-existent father. Yes her mom was mom and dad

• Really?

January 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Said like someone who has no clue what its like to be rejected and at odds with a parent. No matter how much you war with a relative, death will always have its sting and the reality that you can’t turn back to clock to make up, will always hit you hard. I doubt she is turning to social media for attention but rather as a release of the pain she is going through. This is a man who was supposed to love her unconditionally but abandoned her, life sometimes deals us a hand we don’t know how to handle. I pray you don’t ever lose someone you don’t get along with.

3. Xristybabes

January 25, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Chaii!!!!RIP Sir

4. Candy

January 25, 2017 at 2:28 pm

No you can’t start all over again! You should have tried harder or written these when he was alive!

• Cece

January 25, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Don’t say that, she had every right to be mad and taken time to heal before reconnecting when she did. Don’t judge her, maybe your father was always present in your life so u are ignorantly judging

Now I wish Ahuofe Patri (Priscilla Opoku Agyemang), will also reconcile with her dad and forgive him.

My father was always there but I feel sympathy for those whose living fathers chose not to be there like Yvonne and left her mom to fend all by herself. Even if he had another wife and new family it doesn’t matter you still be there for your child who did not ask to be born,

I love my dad so much I can imagine the pain and anger. In Africa is rare for fathers not to take responsibility so when I hear such stories it surprises me. Men be there for your kids cos especially for daughters it affects them for the rest of their lives.

• Ozyy

January 25, 2017 at 3:22 pm

You have said it all. Even though, someone is not forthcoming, do all you can so as to have closure and peace of mind. may GOD help us amend all our relationships before we go.

• Anonymous

January 25, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Maybe the father should have tried harder when he was still alive, she’s even nice sef, i cannot stand deadbeat parents.

5. okey

January 25, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Hahaha how we value the dead but disregard the living. don’t his spirit won’t torment you

6. Sophie

January 25, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Wow! She should have tried harder? Do you even have any idea what it’s like to be in such a situation? It is complex. You are angry, you feel cheated and/or deprived(no matter how much your mum tries to play both roles, you feel like there is still some thing missing) Oh! and of course we all know how African parents “love” to talk about emotions and all that stuff… oftentimes the child in this situation never gets the closure needed, you are just made to “deal” with it…. Parenting isn’t and at the end of the day, life happens to us all but women and men, mothers and fathers, please be responsible individuals. No child deserves to suffer for your irresponsibility. RIP MrNelson…

7. Sophie

January 25, 2017 at 5:29 pm

parenting isn’t easy*

8. nene

January 25, 2017 at 7:08 pm

attention seeker!

9. Cee

January 25, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Na wah oh, did u guys drink bitter leaf water. She is not being contradictory in her statement. She just wished they had a better relationship and knew him better.

10. Tatafo!

January 25, 2017 at 11:22 pm

Yvonne, may your dad’s soul Rest In Peace. Try to learn from his life and not repeat what you perceive are his mistakes.
    Your past does not have to negatively define your future.

11. Gemonyi

January 25, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Forgiveness is choosing to let go like it never happened and it shows how strong one is. I need to remind myself this often.