BN TV

“It is not my place as a man to tell women what to do” – Bisi Alimi Apologizes for trying to Organize a March for Nigerian Women

Gay rights activist, Bisi Alimi, announced that he was organizing a march for Nigerian women to campaign against domestic violence, child marriage, and marital rape yesterday on his Instagram page.

His post got quite a lot of backlash and now Bisi Alimi has apologized about this stating that it is not his place to tell women what to do or head such a campaign.

He, however, stated that he is in full support of anybody that has the intention of organizing such event.

Watch the video below.

1. Mystique

January 23, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Clown…….

• Amaka

January 23, 2017 at 6:51 pm

Are you a man or a woman? Please enlighten me
      I honestly thought you were a woman. You should be able to match on their behalf.

2. Dude

January 23, 2017 at 4:25 pm

lol, confused fellow

3. o

January 23, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Mrs Bisi, we hear you

4. Disguised

January 23, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Osi “his fellow men” Cheiii ……… chaiiii

He looks sooo dry n unkept. Please use some cream bisi Hun x

5. Z.Z

January 23, 2017 at 5:04 pm

this is actually quite sad.
    i see in his eyes the intent behind what he is doing and Nigeria needs more than a march. He is saying something that a lot of us are listening to but it is just going way past our heads. A few days ago, I was reading about the man who invented computers ( as we know it today) Alan Turing and he was a homosexual – feel free to stop using computers if it disgusts you that a gay man invented something so revolutionary. I read about his chemical castration (homosexuality was by law equal to rape and murder; punishable by chemical castration ) which led to his suicide. Today they don’t chemically castrate people for being gay, we’ve been taught to hate and tear each other down…

sometimes I wonder what this life is. . . . .
    what if God put the world in turmoil so we could all learn to love?

6. ABC

January 23, 2017 at 5:16 pm

this is actually quite sad.

sometimes I wonder what this life is. . . . .
    what if God put the world in turmoil so we could all learn to love?

7. Frank

January 23, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Just because you think/assume you are a “woman” I don’t even think it’s in a FAGGOT’s place to tell a woman what to do.

8. EC

January 23, 2017 at 6:52 pm

I get what he is trying to accomplish. The women need to rise up in addition to having full support of men too

9. Cee

January 23, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Wow!!!! So, this man planned to do something good and it has been rubbished . This is so sad, all I can say is, people receive sense in the name of Jesus.

10. OJ

January 23, 2017 at 7:46 pm

A man called out Beverly osu for been a lesbian, you all outrightly condemned him…A gay guy intended organising a campaign for you women folks, you all also condemned him…very confused bunch of people!!

11. Love

January 23, 2017 at 9:33 pm

So you are now a man…,you don’t look one tho?

12. Engoz

January 23, 2017 at 10:30 pm

“But I also realised that as a man, it is not my place to initiate such idea.”

I would like to understand the basis of this argument that a man can’t initiate a march for women solidarity. I really do not see anything wrong in men who are supportive of women’s rights taking up the cause for them. More reasonable men like this should be welcome in this fight. I would really like to hear the opposing arguments to this.

• tunmi

January 23, 2017 at 11:24 pm

I think it’s the male privilege. Truly it’s up to women, Nigerian women, to dictate what they will stand for. It’s a good move really. Now many Nigerian women do March and protest and demonstrate, we just don’t always hear or read about it.