News

Woman Allegedly Sets Up Ex’s Apartment on Fire for Breaking Up with Her

BellaNaija.com

A Facebook user, Victor Ibeh claims that his friend’s ex girlfriend set his four bedroom apartment on fire because he broke up with her.

Ibeh, in a post on his page, said that his friend ended his relationship after discovering that she has “character flaws that she isn’t willing to work on”, and that he “must date her the way she is”.

He claimed that she attempted to take his life and when she didn’t succeed, she set his apartment on fire.

He shared photos of the burnt apartment and wrote:

This was how my friend ended his 2016. You meet a woman, you start dating, you offer her shelter, fed her, clothed her and other things. In the process of that relationship, it occurs to you that she has character flaws that she isn’t willing to work on and she feels entitled that you must date her the way she is.

You break off the relationship and she becomes murderous. Makes an attempt on your life. When she didn’t succeed, she decides that arson is the way out.

But for the goodness of neighbors a four bedroom apartment would have be burnt down. Few weeks after, she is back pleading and expecting a makeup. How possible can that be? Who walks back into the lion’s den after an escape? Is this the same person that you would have ended up with in marriage?

Why does this sound familiar? I have been there before. I have had an experience close to this. When I tell you that evil is not gender specific, please believe me. We have seen a lot. It’s a good thing that my friend survived this.

See the photos below:

1. I love my husband

January 20, 2017 at 10:41 am

Wow! this is weird, the woman has mental issues. Is it by force for someone to marry you, I thought marriage should be a mutual decision, the guy should arrest her please. Nonsense!

• Anne

January 20, 2017 at 6:04 pm

When we advocate keep it free from immorality, they say we are old school. My cousin has never kissed his girlfriend in 6yrs, they are getting married soon and so looking forward to it. You gave her shelter. I hear you and she gave you her body, food and did house chores. I hear you. Now she is flaws. She has become lottery and bingo abi. You ain’t seen nothing yet . Men think women are not wise. This 2017 will not be easy for those who are committing immorality. She only burnt the house, she will soon burn that thing and you will not be able to use it again . Instead of you to go the straight and narrow path so your marriage can be honourable. Guess you have learnt your lesson.

• Anne

January 20, 2017 at 6:05 pm

She has flaws. Auto correct issues.

2. Somto

January 20, 2017 at 10:46 am

Go back and read the story again, they never mentioned marriage but dating. Nigerians are always obsessed with marriage eish.

• #Proudnigerian

January 20, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Do you date with the intent of not getting hooked? Just asking

• Kimber lee

January 20, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Yes I do and yes people do! If marriage comes up, fine, if not we continue dating until one person wants something else the other cannot give and we part ways. I am 28 and I have been in relationships with 4 guys and I never ever dated with the intention to marry anyone. Actually whenever they brought out the marriage topic I all of a sudden always feel sleepy. It is boring really. When I date it is because I connect with the person at that moment and we are good for each other at that time. So no, not everybody dates with the intention of getting married. Not everybody sees the point. For people like me marriage has no prospects and does not add anything extra to our lives. It is pointless to us actually. I ended things in my last 2 relationships because of marriage talk and meeting your parents nonsense. It just became annoying, dry and joy killing.The day the present one starts rambling about marriage is the day our relationship ends (he is aware). It is only in Nigeria that they must marry who they date,lol. Not surprising the excessive amount of miserables in the “unions”.

• Amaka

January 20, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Really. You date with the intention of not getting married. May my brother’s path not cross yours. Also, don’t start going to MFM in your 50’s please. They are coming along now and you are wasting time and life. I pray you remain happy with your decision.

3. Bey

January 20, 2017 at 10:50 am

Left eye-thingzzzzz.
    Uncle that is the thing about co-habitating with a woman who is not your wife.
    You were sleeping with her at random(probably without protection), she was probably cooking for you, cleaning for you. In her head she feels maybe she is ur wife or on her way to being one. She has imagined wat her home-life will be like as ur wife, she’s probably planned d wedding and chosen her dress in her head.
    You now tell her ur not doing again.
    Sorry next time state what you want from the start of a rltshp. Don’t lead women on.

• silly excuse

January 20, 2017 at 11:10 am

I know you all will side each other (bad gang tins)
      but wait a min, can you go cohabit with someone who hasn’t married you?

What is d sleeping with/sex part got to do with this? You girls talk as if sex is a bargaining power or a favour to men—-when prostitutes and runs girls are everywhere willing to offer without paying anything or even little.

Is it only men that sleep with ladies or both of them slept with each other and both had fun…

why didnt the guy arrest her in the first place—there shouldn’t even have been a come back…lock her up my friend

• *rme

January 20, 2017 at 11:44 am

Of course, you’ll find a way to twist it and blame man. Pls, this kind of behavior is not acceptable! No matter the gender! Violence is not acceptable esp. when your life is not in danger. What if someone had died in this fire? She’ll come and say it’s because he led her on? Na today?? Everyone had been led on at some point in their lives, and we all survived. Abeg, the guy dodged a bullet, this right here is a psycho.

• Sisi

January 20, 2017 at 11:54 am

Really Bey, more like that lady needs to be checked into mental rehabilitation and anger management if not locked up for arson if this story is true. Can’t comment on the guy as this story is of course only one sided coming from a friend.

• skyhigh

January 20, 2017 at 4:37 pm

a very silly comment

• Amaka

January 20, 2017 at 6:25 pm

This is why I told my friend to keep sex out of it , just in case it does not work. No woman wants to feel used. You have not seen anything yet
      She will do all she can to have you. You did not know that awoof de run belle. She gave you free lunch now you want to dump her.

• Diokpa

January 20, 2017 at 11:54 pm

You know, relationships are like “”Ponzi Schemes”” , freezing without notice and there are no “”terminal benefits”” unlike in Marriage where the woman is double sure of wife/child/family support, hence this wanton destruction Pls being bae-less or boo-less is not the end of hustle or one’s dream. Pick up the pieces of your broken heart (that is, if the heart of naija men and women aren’t made of okwute….) and continue to aspire for greatness. The right one may just be few meters away from you. I think an arsonist is subject to some years in Kirikiri.

4. one

January 20, 2017 at 11:04 am

Too much zee world, this is a case of Love look what you made me do. Ayam not understanding this madness o

5. A Real Nigerian

January 20, 2017 at 12:00 pm

What a brave, strong woman!
    #GoFeminismGo

6. #Proudnigerian

January 20, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Why should the approval of somebody who doesn’t want you be the source of your joy?? He said he is no longer interested, you can force a horse to the river but you can’t force it to drink water. I think this has a lot to do with esteem. Ladies love yourself! You don’t need anybody to make you feel whole or complete. If you put your joy at the mercy of somebody you would end up abused emotionally, physically and whatnot. You are all you need to be happy. I am not saying you do not need a man but your joy is not at his mercy. it is not a do or die affair. If people walk out of your life let them go! They were never destined to be in it.

7. Sonia Paloma

January 20, 2017 at 12:57 pm

For some weird reason i don’t feel sorry for either one of them. Later, we will hear they are back together lol

8. Chiomah

January 20, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Unfortunately none of us will never know the true and full story, however if the facts are as written then the lady has serious issues. yes he may have led her on or whatever but it’s better to leave a bad relationship than stay and end up looking like the crazy one when you snap. I agree with him evil is not gender specific and and men do not have a monopoly on bad behavior.

chiomah.net

• Grace

January 20, 2017 at 9:41 pm

I don’t think she has serious issues. Heart matters are very delicate but most people don’t understand it. A faithful woman can keep dating a man for 6years and turn other men down. If she is in her late 20’s and over, she will anticipate marriage. Cohabitation made it worse in your own case. Some women actually join cults to deal with the man. This is a lesson to learn. Go to God in prayer, ask for mercy and pray that her own man finds her. Finally, don’t make the same mistake again.

9. OJ

January 20, 2017 at 5:07 pm

If the tables were turned, we would more than a 100 feminazi men hating voltrons here trashing the man…..becos the evil deed is done byba fellow woman they look for a rationale to justify her action, bunch of hipocrites

• #Proudnigerian

January 20, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Lmaooo @feminazi

10. Serene

January 20, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Why hasn’t she been arrested? That guy needs something to ensure she doesn’t come any close to him. He is not safe with her on the loose. Chisos!

11. tunmi

January 21, 2017 at 5:30 am

There is a video of her setting the apartment on fire I presume