News

Abuja MMM Participant who lost N750k Dies 3 Months to his Wedding after Drinking Insecticide

A Benue State indigene who took insecticide after hearing of the freezing of withdrawals from money-doubling scheme, Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox (MMM) last year, has died.

The deceased, Ada Kole, reportedly put N750,000 he was planning to use for his wedding, into the scheme in November, expecting to get 30 percent increase by December.

Unfortunately, withdrawals were frozen on December 13th 2016.

Kole, who postponed his wedding from December 2016 to May 2017, had earlier spoken of his predicament during a phone-in radio programme in Abuja last December where he admitted making profits from the scheme before it crashed.

“I came to Abuja from Benue few months back in preparation for my wedding and my friend introduced me to the MMM thing. He told me about the benefit involved, though I was a bit hesitant about it but he succeeded in convincing me to register under him.

To be honest, I initially invested N20,000 into the scheme and I got 30 per cent the following month. The following month, I did N50,000 and I still got 30 per cent commission and my full investment back.

This time, I believed it was real and I decided to increase my investment. Before then, my fiancée had warned me against it. So I went to my cooperative to obtain a loan and they gladly gave, thinking it was for my wedding.

I put in N750k last month (November, 2016) hoping it would yield 30 per cent income this month (December) only to wake up one morning to discover that my account has been suspended.

To be sincere, the best option I had then was to take my life, because I didn’t know how I was going to face my woman. I didn’t even know when I took the insecticide,” Kole had said.

According to a family source, Kole who lives in Kubwa, a satellite town in the Federal Capital Territory, passed away after suffering from stomach complications as a result of the poison.

“Kole died yesterday (Monday) evening and his body has been deposited in a mortuary. He died from the complications he suffered from the poison he took last year. He had a terrible stomach ache and was rushed to the hospital where he died,” the source said.

When asked if the deceased was paid before his demise, the source said:

“No, he was not paid. In fact, he threatened to arrest his guider before the stomach upset returned last week and we rushed him to the hospital where he finally died.”

Source: PUNCH

1. kay

February 22, 2017 at 8:56 am

Arrest guider for what? Did he take your money? MMM is back, provide help to get help, Mavrodi wont bring his money to pay you, guess the media is happy now

• BigJoy

February 22, 2017 at 9:28 am

If the spirit of the dead man comes after you now, they ll say its nollywood or from the village, someone just died because of your useless ponzi scheme and you can still say people should give help or whatever.

Please have the fear of God in you, before the blood of more people will be on your head.

• Bubu

February 22, 2017 at 9:36 am

Can you imagine! Someone just died is that all u have to say. The love of money is the root of all evil. People should please stay away from ponzi schemes, be alive and work hard for your money, u can have different businesses to have multiple streams of income but not ponzi schemes. May his soul Rest in Peace.

• fusion OAU

February 22, 2017 at 11:26 am

@Kay and @Nuna… both of you are dumb and may the good Lord forgive you…. people should provide help to get help??? what is the rationale behind that stupid statement? the platform or Mavrodi or Mavros or whatever dumb name you call it promised its subscribers 30% thereabouts after a month yeah (something stupid like that). Now your savior- Mavrodi can no longer fulfill the promise made to subscribers so what does he do??? he introduces new (very hard) conditions (that may lead to further losses) to subscribers before they can get their money??? (at least the some portion of the principal) and you are stupid enough to come on this platform – after someone just took his life due to his losses from this ponzi scheme to air your illiterate views telling people to provide help to get help……. smh for you… kontinue!!!!!

• Nuna

February 22, 2017 at 12:25 pm

You are the very dumb idiot. Buffoon! Take it idiotic comments away and never mention my name again. Fool!

• Nuna

February 22, 2017 at 2:49 pm

It is u the good Lord will forgive. Be happy BN did not post my earlier comment to u.
      Keep my name out of ur mouth child!

• Anne

February 23, 2017 at 6:28 pm

Na wa o. Loss of money and fear of facing a woman made you take insecticide. Haba, you no fear God. Sorry about the loss .

2. Nuna

February 22, 2017 at 9:30 am

But MMM is back naa. People are providing and getting help

3. o

February 22, 2017 at 9:44 am

May he rest in peace. But is MMM truly back? I hope ppl can finally get their funds out. A word is enough for the wise.

• I_I

February 22, 2017 at 5:06 pm

LOL. More than a decade later, people haven’t gotten their money out of Nospecto.

4. Moniker

February 22, 2017 at 9:47 am

Minus one person to worry about. As harsh as I sound, it is greed that led to him killing himself. MMM from the word go is a scam, yet people got into it all in a bid to outwit the other. But a game that involves the street, the eventual winner is the street. Let the guy goan give account to his maker.

• "changing moniker"

February 22, 2017 at 10:02 am

Your name is similar to mine but you sound like a monster …ahan!

5. Spicycurl

February 22, 2017 at 9:51 am

LWKMD…

6. Prince

February 22, 2017 at 10:25 am

May God rest his soul. I’m just glad i didn’t give in to pressure from people around screaming MMM. My spirit don’t just accept all these stuff

7. Goody

February 22, 2017 at 10:28 am

If this is true then it’s so sad

8. JMK

February 22, 2017 at 10:43 am

Moniker or watever it is u are called, please watch what you say. The guy made a costly mistake by investing in MMM which eventually cost him his life but you dont have the right to say terrible things about his situation because you can make a greater mistake too, mind you, it might not necessarily be with MMM.

To MMM subscribers, please calm your spirit and encourage yourselves knowing that life goes on. Stop killing yurselves abeg

• Moniker

February 22, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Fellow, I don’t owe you any explanation as to my opinion. You are crying on their behalf. If you want to be a good samaritan, gather all those MMM swindled and return their money. If you can’t STFU. I stand by my words… I don’t feel sorry for anyone that foolishly died because of MMM.
      Everyone was warned. The lucky ones are smiling to the bank. The unlucky ones are sulking. Better still, running away from NAIJA howbeit by taking their lives

9. Effaco

February 22, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Hhhhm! What can the righteous do or say? #smh.. May his soul RIP.

10. Nancy

February 22, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Very sad indeed. RIP……..My church RCCG CTL overflow parish, Oke ira, Ogba is MMM HQ. Pastors in there recruited members in mass into the scheme. ….several lost their money. The pastors were enjoying referal bonus of church members they introduced into the scheme. The sad part is that up till now, despite all the hazards the scheme has caused. ……lives lost, families broken, dreams shattered etc…..These pastors are still aggressively canvassing new people into scheme while preaching faith in Christ to those of us who have lost our money so far……
    Even an atheist with a little bit of conscience can clearly see the evil that the scheme is…….but here we are with pastors and their greed for money going about preaching the gospel according to mavrodian or whatever the crap is called.
    God dey.

11. GANNY OGUNSHAKIN

February 22, 2017 at 8:38 pm

He got what he deserved. May his greedy soul never find rest.