BN TV

BN TV: Does a Woman Belong in the Kitchen? WATCH a New Episode of “Moments” as the Hosts & Miss Nigeria USA team Discuss

BN TV

On this episode of “Moments Nigeria – Girls Talks“, guests are Lola Abeni Adeoye (Miss Nigeria USA) and Joy Ikedinma, Founder of the miss Nigeria USA organization join hosts Michelle Dede and Bolanle Olukanni as they talk about Western Nigerians Vs the Traditional Nigerians.

Michelle and Bolanle also share their thoughts on the topic ‘Does a woman belong in the kitchen’!

Watch below.

1. Keeping it Real

February 3, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Make your own marriage work. If you are not married yet, be wise enough to know your man’s expectations before planning that big wedding. No two marriages have same principles. If you jump enter marriage by fire by force without bothering to sort some things out, live with it or get out. Marriage when entered into correctly is such a beautiful platform and companionship that you cannot imagine life without the other person.
    It is not rocket science, even if y’all ask all the right questions, and everybody agrees on a certain set of principles there’s also the factor of some parties not wanting to commit to agreed terms for so many reasons. Hardwork, dedication, etc also helps. At the same time if prince charming turns into Dracula, what are you waiting for? And if Cinderella turns into Jezebel, use your legs, flee. Better to be divorced than married and dead or married and living in bondage. I won’t let any organization or association I belong to determine whether i live or die. That’s some BS..

2. Marian

February 3, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Abeni!!! You are so hot!!! You make me wanna shave my hair off but our head shape no dey the same.

3. Sonia Paloma

February 3, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Abeni sounds very matured and very articulate
    As for the topic, to each its own. Communication is key at the end of the day

4. Chief

February 3, 2017 at 4:21 pm

It seems today that women are yelling in the streets for more rights.To me women have a role in the home and not in the workforce.Throughout time men have been leaders in the family and it should remain that way.Women should provide a moral good upbringing for her children.Women are nurturers and men are protectors and providers..If men and women move from the roles that God has placed them then we will end up with a society that is chaotic.Gender roles are laid out in the bible,it is essential that we have these roles.Gender roles are important to society.Gender is a biological and social component of our species and yes its roles can be very important.It wouldn’t be a sensitive issue if it wasn’t important.Gender roles exist because of evolution and are not created by society.

Women are simply not designed to fill a masculine role.Real men are not attracted to masculine qualities(career minded and over ambitious women) in women.Why a wife should not cook is beyond my scope of understanding.Feminism is the death of modern man and also a threat to our African patriarchal society..it has absolutely emasculated men.It’s taking away men’s masculinity.Women have lost their femininity.Effeminate men are on the rise,what a plaque.The biggest issue is men have allowed themselves to be wussified by women.why would a real man cook and wash dishes?

Western culture has contaminated the traditional values of Africa.The trend of cultural westernization of Africa has become very pervasive and prevalent such that western culture has taken precedence over African values and culture.African is becoming fully westernized now,SMH!!.Gender equality violates the right of men

.Is just me or does it seem that women clearly want to assume the role of men in society? It’s naturally instinctive for many women to emasculate the men around them.Real men should “NO” to this.

• MamaLee

February 3, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Mr. Chief i beg to differ on your point that says ” why will a real man cook and wash dishes”, am of the opinion that women are wired to take care of the home, but it dose not mean that little assistance from the man will wussifie him…. lets get things straight about marriage, both parties come together for the benefit of working hand in hand to make life a better place and if you feel other wise , shame on you Mr. African man.

• LOLO

February 4, 2017 at 8:06 pm

It seems WEAK MEN are afraid of STRONG CONFIDENT WOMEN. Chief how come you get time to hangout gossiping with women on belle blog hummmmm! Your mates are discussing serious issue you dey here dey gossip with women folk. If you got that much time on your hand then go and help your wife in the kitchen.

5. Tilda

February 3, 2017 at 7:52 pm

A woman belongs where ever the hell she wants to belong. No arguments no debates. As long as it’s her informed choice to be -wherever , then let her be.

6. john

February 3, 2017 at 7:57 pm

@tilda then dont get married ..pls remain single..ure type dont last long in marriage anyway

• tilda

February 4, 2017 at 8:35 am

Dear John a man belongs whereever the hell he wants to belong. No debate, no argument. As long as its his informed decision to be whereever. And Dear john like attract like. There is always going to be someone who shares your values. Marriage is for mature minds. For people who can look beyond vanity to deeper things like shared values because these are the things that dont change with time and is what lays the solid foundation that stands the test of time ?.
      Dear john my type marry my type.

7. Onye

February 3, 2017 at 9:12 pm

My husband is the most Nigerian man I have ever met and yet he is the one who does most of the cooking.

8. ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️

February 3, 2017 at 10:10 pm

2017 and this is the topic up for debate???? Shaking my head! ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ I don’t even know what to say tbh.

9. Timi

February 3, 2017 at 11:06 pm

From your response, your scope of understanding is indeed very limited. Who or what did this to you? I feel very sorry for the unfortunate woman who finds herself in your house. She will not attain her full potential.

In the traditional sense, I am a woman and I love nothing more than to be able to take good care of my family and bring them up but the realization of dreams should not only be limited to the male gender. As a woman, my love also extends to strategy and business and just because I take care of my home should not preclude me from contributing my quota to helping businesses achieve their fullest potential. It keeps me up at night that people cannot scale up their business or hire the right people. You think this makes me a power hungry career minded woman? Well, I blame that on your scope of understanding. My own scope of understanding and revelation tells me God will ask me if I do not use my talents and bury it under the guise of all I did was cook.

Also, you tout African patriarchal heritage and values but at the same time add God in the mix. You must pick one as your guiding principle. From your response though it is clear which one you side with.. You have totally elevated African patriarchy above the rules of God. I am a Christian too and I love and trust God. If African patriarchal heritage is been snatched away from men, it is because they have placed the foundation of their masculinity on African patriarchy. A real man whose identity and foundation is in God will have a renewed sense of masculinity.

There certainly must be a balance and wisdom is to be applied in all things, roles also should exist but you should not sit there and type that gender roles according to your definition limit what it means to be a woman..

I also advise that you evaluate what it is that you are afraid of and true masculinity. It will go a long way in helping you see a woman through God’s eyes who deserves to have a role in the home and the society if God pleases.