BN TV

#BNFroFriday: Can you Drink your Way to Healthy Hair? Fiona Thinks So! See her Smoothie Recipes for Lush Hair

Eki Ogunbor

Fiona of www.finallyfiona.com is sharing one of her secrets to healthy hair and it’s drinking smoothies, can you believe it?

There are three major things that contribute to the health of your hair and they are;

• Genetics
  • External care (this includes manipulation, conditioning, styling etc)
  • Internal Health (what you eat and drink etc)

You know what they say… Garbage in, garbage out! So ultimately, whatever you eat or drink has an effect on your body’s health, including your hair, skin and nails. Read what she has to say about ‘internal health’ below.

***

Hey guys! So, I’m finally dishing the scoop on one of the most impactful aspects of my hair care journey that has contributed greatly to my hair growth and natural hair health over the past 2 years… Highly nutritious smoothies!

Today I’m sharing my tip on internal health and how what you eat and drink can impact the health of your hair. Here are 3 of my favourite smoothie recipes, rich in Biotin and full of amazing hair health-boosting vitamins, minerals and nutrients.

Biotin Rich Green Smoothie (500ml)

• 50g Chard

• 1 Cup Frozen Berries
  • ½ Avocado
  • 50g Frozen Spinach
  • 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
  • 1 Frozen Banana
  • 1 ½ Cups Pineapple Juice

Let me know if you give them a try! Be blessed and thanks for watching x

Eki is the Editor for BellaNaija Style and Lifestyle Editor for BellaNaija.com She has a Vogue Fashion Certificate from Conde Nast College of Fashion & Design and also attended Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion and the University of Kent. Eki headed the Design Operations at a top Nigerian womenswear fashion brand before finding love at BellaNaija Style.Eki loves all things creative. Follow her on Instagram @ekiogunbor BellaNaija Style: [email protected] | @bellanaijastyle BellaNaija Beauty: @bellanaijabeauty BellaNaija Living: [email protected] | @bellanaijaliving

1. gogo

March 10, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Good.,…..but i thought you would mention easily available fruits….

2. Nath Ekanem

March 10, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Nice and really informational – Need extra energy and immunity boost? Try Reload! Extra

3. artklub

March 10, 2017 at 3:07 pm

nice try but not thorough enough. this seems so randomly put together. why should we use almonds, what are its properties vis a vis healthy hair etc.? most of these ingredients are not found in nigeria, make one that applies to where we live. everyone should eat and source locally.

• UEze

March 10, 2017 at 4:41 pm

She’s based in the UK and the ingredients are locally available to those based here….

4. funmilola

March 10, 2017 at 4:07 pm

does she live in Nigeria?

5. Ajala & Foodie

March 10, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Apart from oatmilk and maybe sunflower seeds I am curious what we consider not readily available in Nigeria? I am genuinely curious not trying to throw shade. I know there was an article on here some years back by chef Fregz, on places to find different goods and produce in Lagos. I have also seen chef Alex (who I follow on social media) feature different markets (in Lagos) with many produce that I have just come to believe that nothing we dey obodo oyinbo no dey 9ja at this point. Nevertheless, maybe I am just jumping to conclusions here. Or maybe BN could feature a series or an article like the one done by Chef Fregz but maybe this time feature different local chefs and cooks so we get a wider range of ideas for our grocery shopping needs.

6. Sukuboni

March 10, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Nothing wey we no go hear. Eat a balanced diet and drink lots of water and your hair will grow. I know what I am talking about I have mid back length natural hair.