News

Former Beauty Queen Maryam Elisha Narrowly Escapes from her Burning Car on Eko Bridge | Watch the Scary Video

Ex-beauty queen and founder of Rikaoto by ME fashion brand, Maryam Elisha narrowly escaped death on Sunday when her SUV went up in flames on Eko Bridge in Lagos.

According to her, when the fire started in her car, her brakes failed and her car doors couldn’t open up. Thankfully, onlookers were able to get her out before the fire spread. She shared photos of the burning car on her Instagram saying:

Thanking God for safety. Can you believe I came out of this burning car yesterday?

See photos of the burning SUV below:

See a photo of the SUV before the incident:

Watch a video of the incident on BN’s Instagram page:

1. I love my husband

March 14, 2017 at 10:02 am

wow!..what could have caused the fire though..thank God for saving her

• Anne

March 14, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Thanksgiving is needed in church o. How did you survive. You could have died, no be small fire. Congratulations.

2. Benson Ossai

March 14, 2017 at 10:14 am

Thank God not matter what was the fault.If not for God many would have been consumed.Happy you are still alive God will give you money to buy another one.

3. Nurumba

March 14, 2017 at 10:34 am

Most women I know don’t check anything in their car before driving. Like tires, oil, water, brake fluid etc. They just starts the car and go. Women should be more conscious of this things . I’m sure she must have learnt one or two safety precautions now and will put them to use when driving again. Thank God for her life though.

• nito.

March 14, 2017 at 10:42 am

And men too. With these modern cars we tend to trust the car more and do less checks.

• bb

March 14, 2017 at 11:43 am

not men, Women. its the truth. Most of us think its just about driving car and servicing.

• memebaby

March 15, 2017 at 5:48 am

you are right…I do not check a thing.. because I do not know what to check for :(.. as soon as I hear a weird noise or the car notifies me on something.. I go to canadian tire..i check my tires though.. besides that..nothing 🙁

4. EC

March 14, 2017 at 11:03 am

How will people stand next to a burning car ?.

5. Stuz

March 14, 2017 at 11:05 am

Wow. Thank God she made it out alive. Hope she has full insurance on the car sha.

6. Loveth Best

March 14, 2017 at 11:38 am

All Thanks to God

7. Semirah Mohamad

March 14, 2017 at 11:52 am

Thank God she’s safe. But has anyone noticed she’s wearing traditional
    Ethiopian clothes in the pic? Cool

8. Nyc

March 14, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Probably due to overheating which is due to no coolant/water..its not easy maintaining luxury cars in nigeria..its the grace of God helping most of them. And see how the truck is just burning with no fire service to stop it, smh Nigeria when?when?

• Shwuu

March 14, 2017 at 9:41 pm

What is all this na, Nigeria is not responsible for this burning car. If it was due to overheating then how does that become a naija problem. Abeg make una relax with insulting naija. A fire take less than 30 sec to rage, all it needs is air. This is not a naija problem, please leave Nigeria out of it.

• memebaby

March 15, 2017 at 5:49 am

it is a naija problem hun.. where are the fire trucks ?.. yea, that is a big problem

9. Hian

March 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Naija, very useless. No emergency crew on scene or firefighter.

10. hmm

March 14, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Hmm. Insurance scam. Sha pray the insurance company get you another care. Looking at the G Wagon, it is old already. Lol so she want new one. And burnt the car. Lol

11. Merci

March 14, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Thank God for her o! I witnessed it live, was on my way from work. I saw her wailing on the bridge. Good Samaritans brought out their fire extinguisher but the flames was overwhelming. Thank God she got out of d car safely.

12. Eagleeye

March 14, 2017 at 9:13 pm

This is what happens when you mix adulterated fuel with inferior parts….

13. OA

March 15, 2017 at 7:47 pm

It could even be the car itself that just simply malfunctioned. A particular series of GL450’s (can’t remember what year(s)) were catching fire on their own. I think it was a battery problem. The G- Wagon might have had a similar problem, who knows?