Scoop

#FriendlyExes! Nollywood Actress Mbong Amata & Director Jeta Amata are Working on a New Film Together

BellaNaija.com

A few years after their divorce Nigerian movie director Jeta Amata and his Ex-wife actress Mbong Amata are working on a new movie together.

The actress took to her Instagram page to share a photo of them on set and captioned it:

Our beliefs made us ‘good’ people to each other but our behavior towards each other took it to a whole other level! Out here on set to support one of the best out of the continent of Africa… Director•Jeta•Amata #friendlyexes #makepeacenotwar ✌?✌?✌?#theamericanking #comingsoon #setlife #filmmaker #losangeles #downtownla

It is really encourgaging and good to see exes working together as well as supporting one another, and like Mbong Amata said it is always better to “make peace not war”.

Photo credit: Instagram | @mbongamata

1. Ify

March 28, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Very mature. I don’t think I could do it though, I can keep grudges for Africa. Lol

2. king Bey

March 28, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Abi oo it’s not do or die affair in marraige,if it aint working,scrap it and become good friends….

3. Tolu4show

March 28, 2017 at 12:42 pm

How do u become just friends with someone that had seen u naked and has seen ur ‘ectasy’ face. This is genuine question please.

• tunmi

March 28, 2017 at 2:34 pm

It is possible if the relationship was based on something other than sex. If they were friends before or after they started having sex, then it is possible. It’s also possible of they just like each other as individuals

• Sade

March 28, 2017 at 3:07 pm

I think it depends on the type of friendship the two developed, how deeply in love they were and how amicably they broke up. Of course, there must be something that h led to the breakup. I believe, when It’s NOT from a bitter place such as cheating, deeply breaking one’s heart, DV situation it’s possible. Sometimes, it can be as simple as they are better friends than deep lovers. There are a lot of convenient , managing marriages/partnerships where one can easily let go.

I’m not sure if I can do it on a marriage level because thats a different type of emotional commitment.. However, I’ve done it on a relationship level. I’m still friend with my ex, we don’t hang out but we definitely talk once in a while. And he worked on a project(both of our passion, we talked) that he wanted me to be part of, he gave me a call and I was glad to be part of it. We kept it professional.

Maybe it’s because he was more in love than I was and I was the one who broke off the relationship. My heart was very intact, and I’m in a better, more compatible relationship. Let me be petty a little bit, I feel good that I left intact and he’s the one that still wants me.

• Stephanie

March 28, 2017 at 3:46 pm

be there quoting Wendy Williams

• Sde

March 28, 2017 at 10:58 pm

It is possible. It depends on the level of friendship, how deep the love was and how amicably/mutual the breakup was. If there was no serious bitterness such as cheating, adultery and DV, you guys can easily go back to being friends. Sometimes, you guys are better as friends than deep lovers. You find out early or later on in life. I’m still friend with my ex, I don’t know if I can do it on a marriage level though, that’s more complex and too emotional. I broke it off with my heart still intact, no broken heart here. My ex had a project he was working on and he called me up and asked if I wanted to be part of it. I said sure. We worked together and kept it professional. We still talk once in a while. Just being petty, it feels good too when you know, he still admires and wants you. However, you are in a better relationship and there’s no animosity. Seeing you naked and your ecstasy face is funny. If there’s respect there, it shouldn’t be any problem at all.

4. Dt

March 28, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Okafor’s Law

• tell me

March 28, 2017 at 1:48 pm

lol

5. alwayshappy

March 28, 2017 at 1:42 pm

All relationships have purpose – the timing however is determined by the teacher, our role is to pay attention, listen and obey right away , get the lessons and go on to fulfil purpose thereby inspiring others to do the same, Good for them, they are fulfilling purpose.

6. tell me

March 28, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Working on a MOVIE or working on their MARRIAGE? all is “M”

7. Id

March 28, 2017 at 2:26 pm

I no fit. She is strong.

8. Indigo

March 28, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Mbong you divorced him because you want to pursue your career.. I don’t see you making any has dropping waves .
    Go back to your husband house ???

• Indigo

March 28, 2017 at 9:31 pm

*making waves

• Indigo

March 28, 2017 at 9:33 pm

So today that I want to insult somebody auto correct is doing me like this ..
      * I don’t see you making any jaw dropping waves

9. Mariah

April 1, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Pretenders! Fight fight fight fight fight#fught