Scoop

“Orange is the New Black” Star Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli are Married!

BellaNaija Style

Star of Netflix’s hit show Orange is the New Black Samira Wiley and the show’s producer Lauren Morelli are married. The couple got married on Saturday the 25th of  March 2017 in Palm Springs, California. According to Martha Stewart Weddings.

The gorgeous brides who met while filming, got married in a fun-filled fête in Southern California, an extra special location, since it’s where the couple got engaged last year. The happy couple announced their engagement on Instagram, with a photo of Samira and Lauren showing off her engagement ring.

A post shared by Samira Wiley (@whododatlikedat) on

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Photo Credit: Martha Stewart Wedding

1. Rainbow

March 27, 2017 at 5:24 am

Nooooooooooooooo ?

• Gbemi

March 29, 2017 at 10:02 am

what i dont get is how she just left her husband she was married to for years, just like that. wow.

2. E-O

March 27, 2017 at 5:42 am

Congrats to them. Beautiful people ??

3. Streeets

March 27, 2017 at 5:48 am

So she killed her character so they could live happy ever after… Samira looks better with long hair ?

4. hmm

March 27, 2017 at 5:50 am

Bella Naija. Fear God! what are you promoting via your platform for goodness sake? Is this normal? Should it be normal?

5. BlueEyed

March 27, 2017 at 6:35 am

Awwww Gorgeous!!!!congrats to them!

6. ec

March 27, 2017 at 7:20 am

I am waiting for that one comment that announces the end of times lol

• Ogor

March 27, 2017 at 7:50 am

Lol why? beacuse its not “trendy” to do so? or Gods word should adjust to trends…

7. Marian

March 27, 2017 at 7:47 am

I still think it’s a phase. How do you go your whole life and not know you are gay??

8. Deleke

March 27, 2017 at 7:54 am

Pousseyyyyyyyyy that’s my girl

9. funmilola

March 27, 2017 at 8:06 am

“the gorgeous brides”
    lol!

10. Nk

March 27, 2017 at 8:13 am

Roman 1:28 this is so wrong and totally against God’s will.. Madam bella continue using your blog to promote iniquity, you will be held to account one day. homosexuality is a sin, stop promoting sin..remember God is not mocked, don’t make Him bring down this blog permanently…if you are a Christian and you are using your blog to promote this kind of thing you are mocking Him. Just so you know in case you don’t know that already. If you like enable if you don’t that’s your biz not mine anymore.

11. Chimmie Ijezie

March 27, 2017 at 8:36 am

Pouseey I so much loved her role. Congrats girl

12. poison ivy

March 27, 2017 at 9:18 am

Wait, hollup hollup!!
    They are gay for real, thought it was good acting……..Na wa ooo.
    How person go just stay and decide say na woman thing e want ehhhh as d**k sweet.
    Una welhdone oooo!!

13. Chartreuse

March 27, 2017 at 9:58 am

BN, so you guys support gay marriage?

14. Green

March 27, 2017 at 10:19 am

Morelli divorced her husband after she met samira on the set of orange is the new black. After being married for years without having any lesbo relationship, she just jumped on it because she thinks its trending. Bunch of mentally unstable people.

15. john

March 27, 2017 at 10:26 am

@chartreuse..dont mind them , they think that by supporting gays , they are more enlightened, sophisticated and educated and more closer to white people.. 21st century things..a monkey is always a monkey

16. Susie

March 27, 2017 at 10:31 am

they look like a magazine advert for wedding dresses

17. Beard gang

March 27, 2017 at 10:49 am

It must be a nightmare for Christians raising kids in the western world
    My little cousin told me last week that Disney is about to launch gay characters in the next beauty and the beast cartoon…wow! In all fairness sha, consenting adults should be able to choose their sexuality and be proud of it…for those of us who believe in Jesus, we will do all we can to bring up our children in the way of the Lord, no matter who considers it uncouth or uncivilised or tacky

• Ify

March 27, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Beauty and the beast is a cartoon about a girl (not even an adult) falling in love with an animal so it’s basically promoting bestiality. I don’t think gay characters will make it less suitable for kids to watch. Calm your tits

• funmilola

March 27, 2017 at 2:26 pm

you should be the one calming your tits and you can let your kids watch cartoons that promotes homosexuallity or anything bad at all no matter how it’s sugar coated…..he gave his opinion without insults.

• Ify

March 27, 2017 at 8:36 pm

@funmilola, if you let your kids watch a cartoon that encourages bestiality and pedophilia, you have failed as a mother already. Don’t blame two consenting adults who decide they are in love and decide to get married for your failure. I think the gay characters introduced are the most realistic parts of Beauty and the beast. Stop living in a bubble. This is the real world.

• dhoney

March 27, 2017 at 3:12 pm

…a big challenge for real. I wish they could fix Nigeria to operate at even 50% of what they have in the West, I am home the next day. The stuffs guys go through here are not only mental-wrecking but very very scary. Craze people plenty for here

• Rainbow love

March 27, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Jesus hung out with 12 dudes and a prossy no one ‘f******d. Stay there thinking Jesus & his crew weren’t homos. God loves everyone.

• Shalewa

March 28, 2017 at 3:51 am

May Jesus have mercy on you. Amen

• Idomagirl

March 28, 2017 at 12:36 am

They aren’t launching gay characters, your cousin should get his facts straight.
      The movie is already out and it’s a very minor character that is gay – their presence doesn’t impact on the movie in any way (IMO anyway).

18. keke driver

March 27, 2017 at 10:58 am

Awwww they look amazing together.. Congratulations.

For all you homophobic mofos it’s a new day/week if you don’t like a story just pass, you don’t have to comment. Plus it’s their bodies, ADULTS should be able to choose what best suits then and WHAT MAKES THEM HAPPY!!! Live your Damn life and STOP hating.

19. penelopeia

March 27, 2017 at 11:35 am

For me the women does not seem as bad as the men, even in secondary school some girls used to do it. If God did not shape a man shlong the way he did…

• Nv

March 27, 2017 at 12:03 pm

“if God did not shape a man’s schlong the way he did…”

LMAO!!!

• Rainbow love

March 27, 2017 at 4:13 pm

10 fingers are still better than any D. If you don’t know then you never enjoy .

20. Susie

March 27, 2017 at 11:58 am

btw, lol at the first comment where someone is saying nooo and crying & also at the people having a heart attack over some women marrying in another country. how does all this affect the price of gari? i have not finished sorting out all the issues in my own life, before i consider my husband & kids so why should i get headache over someone’s issue when paracetamol is becoming more expensive?

21. J

March 27, 2017 at 11:58 am

If it was a man that left is wife to marry another woman, the bashing would be unreal, but because it seems like you have to support this, it’s cute. I think she should have focused on her sexuality before running after someone

22. Idomagirl

March 27, 2017 at 12:21 pm

I need more pictures of Samira’s dress….

23. zzzzzzzzzzz

March 27, 2017 at 1:11 pm

So it was in the days of Lot. Sodom and Gomorrah

24. Ogbuefi

March 27, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Nobody is hating anybody here…,You have to live out your gender and have no right to change it either physically or otherwise. Individually, they may be faultless but it is abnormal to be gay or lesbian. I ain’t telling them congrats for any reason and would not encourage anyone either in private or public to be in a same-sex union. I will not totally discriminate against gays or lesbians but will have limited friendship with them lest I am classified as one which I do not want. This is my stand.

• Damy

March 27, 2017 at 1:41 pm

And your stand is Bullshit.. No one cares..Have several Seats!

• Ogbuefi

March 27, 2017 at 5:00 pm

I expected you to give me reasons why my stand is wrong, ,maybe I am living under an illusion.. But what did I get, abuse and intolerance. Moreover, I do not expect anything less from you because you are perhaps grappling with a personality crisis; you are forcing a new personality upon yourself which is an abnormality that I talked about. You obviously need a bit of counseling to sort out the challenge. There are numbers of counseling cent res in Nigeria where you can find some respite. I wish you well.

25. dd

March 27, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Adam and Eve, not Adam and steve or Adama and eve. – Marriage according to the Bible, even science / medicine during reproduction recognises that exchange of DNA makes you 1, (via xy +xx chromosomes)… … !!i’ll never understand the logic behind this sort of free mindness by The Gays.. Marriage is way different of what people think it really is.. may be they think its a fun holiday ride…. it is well o

26. Mz Titilitious

March 27, 2017 at 5:11 pm

smh pass….

27. Sugamama

March 27, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Smh. Nigerians seem to forget not every one is a Christian and lives by the standards set by the Bible.
    You cannot judge a person or people by the standards you live your life by if they don’t believe the same thing. So chill out on all the Bible quoting abeg.

28. zee

March 27, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Congratulations darlings!!! #loveislove

29. Ogbuefi

March 27, 2017 at 9:26 pm

30. Susie

March 27, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Ogbuefi, you can support gays or be against it that is your right but i just wanted to chip in & let you know that the statement you made about science is wrong. Actually, in nature, over 1500 species engage in homosexual conduct. The reason for it is unknown but some scientists have suggested that it could be nature’s own natural family planning method to ensure species do not over populate this earth. scientifically speaking, the animals who share most of our DNA (bonobos, chimpanzees etc) have all been seen to engage in homosexual intercourse.

• Ogbuefi

March 29, 2017 at 11:56 am

Susie, point noted but same study of science has shown us that mammals on heat can never go to another mammal of same gender for sexual relief/satisfaction. Therefore, the few (which I am yet to see) that engage in such as per your own study, perhaps are exception, which is the abnormality I mentioned earlier.

31. Just wondering

March 28, 2017 at 9:42 am

So the one in the jumpsuit is the groom ??? Just thinking out loud oh…

32. LA

March 28, 2017 at 5:25 pm

You’d think with the way Nigerians and Africans promote their god and condemn homosexuality or any form of sexual liberation they feel is a sin, the country/continent would be a decent place. Hypocrites.
    You’re either a good person or a bad person. Empathy, love and respect for your fellow man makes you a good person not the guy you believe is in the skies ready to open the ‘golden gates of heaven’ or banish you to ‘hell’ if you obey the commandments in his fairytale books. Bloody dimwits.

With all the religion and god you cry, your country and continent is still in shambles. Religion has only made you selfish, only made you think of yourself and what you can get from your ‘most high’ not about other people. It’s why your leaders use the fairytale sacred books you so believe in to exploit you.

33. chantelle

March 28, 2017 at 10:26 pm

Someone please do me a favour and take their unbearable pictures off my phone screen before l slap their whitenised asses…btw before it premier something abt that series Neva made me watch even an episode….there is no sense or whatsoever in the TV show..metchwwww