BN TV

She’s a Hard One to Surprise but He Did It! See Victoria’s Priceless Reaction to CJ’s Proposal #BNBling

BellaNaija Weddings

For someone who never lets anything get past her, Victoria was taken back when her fiance CJ with the aid of her best friend threw her the most romantic and well-planned surprise proposal party ever!

Right now, they are just enjoying begin engaged and can’t wait to take the next step with the love of their lives.
How We Met
From the bride-to-be, Victoria
My fiancé, CJ and I met in college. We both graduated from Lamar University. I never noticed him around campus until I saw him at a party with his frat brothers (Alpha Phi Alpha) and I was like “dang! he is really handsome”. I was never going to tell him that, obviously.
How we ended up on a date together:
One time, I had asked my best friend’s boyfriend (who is her husband now) to set up a hangout for the three of us to chill, so I can get a chance to get to know him more. Little did I know he set up a double date with me, my fiancé, my best friend and himself.
It was kind of weird because I kept thinking “oh! now he is really going to know I like him”. All four of us went to Ra Sushi and it was the best time I had in a long time. My fiancé and I clicked that moment.
He was extra nervous at the beginning because he was ordering drinks all night long. After the date, we went to an after spot and literally talked the whole night long. Right there and then, I knew he was perfect for me.
How I Picked My Ring
We were shopping in the mall one day and my fiancée asked if I wanted to look at some rings and of course, I agreed with so much excitement. So when I walked into the place I told Steve, the store attendant that “oh yeah my boyfriend is proposing this year so I’m looking for a ring” LOL.
He could tell from the rings that I was looking at that I wanted something big and different. So Steve went to the back and pulled out this emerald cut ring, when I saw it I knew that was the ring I wanted.
Shortly after, my fiancé told me to walk around the mall while he talked numbers with the guy. When I got back, Steve told me that he didn’t get the ring and right there I felt sad but I tried to cheer myself up with the famous “if it’s meant to be it’s meant to be” and vice versa speech.
Let it be known that, my fiancée actually got the ring and even made a half down payment on the ring but just told the guy to act like he didn’t get approved. So the guy played along with the story.
The proposal
I was so surprised at my proposal. I always knew it was coming this year but I didn’t know how he was going to do it so I was always on the look out for signs.
He got me so good. How he planned and executed this with the help of my best friends and family members of course and made it look like it was my best friend’s birthday party. It was legit a genius and airtight plan because nothing ever gets passed me. I catch everything.

My friends had seized my phone earlier that evening because they refused to understand that getting ready is not a one-minute event hehe. When it was time to go, we went down to the lobby of the apartments to take pictures before we going out and the whole time I was yelling ” where is my phone I’m dressed now lol”
When I walked into the room the first person I saw was my fiancée and a photographer and then my entire family. I was in shock because I was thinking no! I’m supposed to be going out.
The way he had everything set up was breathtaking, he had a cake, roses, rose petals, my family, and friends there, champagne, music, my ring! My fav emerald cut ring!
When he asked the will-you-marry-me question, I said of course! I couldn’t have asked for a better proposal I swear. Right then and there I fell more in love with him because he took the time to plan everything so beautifully and perfectly. I love him!

We have started planning our wedding, picking dates, venue, dress, and everything else in between so we can get a head start.
According to the Groom-to-be, CJ
I had been planning this for about a month now with the help of her mom and best friends. I had even asked her dad for her hand in marriage three weeks before the proposal.
It was actually her best friend’s birthday that day so the plan was very simple: dinner and a girl’s night out. Of course, when they go out, they get their makeup and hair done so they look their best.
Everything was planned to look and feel normal. Her friends took her phone because with the promise to return it if she made it their dinner reservation for 8 pm!. Because according to them, she was always the last to get ready and be out but apparently, her sister had gotten her a snapchat filter that she didn’t want her to see it.
When she walked, I was standing right there with a photographer, a cake, rose petals and the ring she had picked! It was so perfect, I needed it to be. She said yes! #Awesome!

See Victoria’s priceless reaction to the surprise proposal below

She was SO surprised ? CJ proposed to his love @thereal_vwhite ? #BNBling Video: @2_koolassb

A post shared by Africa’s Top Wedding Website (@bellanaijaweddings) on

Credits
Videography: Ksmooth | @2_koolassb
Photography: Josh Saulsberry | @josh_cpa

1. teekay

March 13, 2017 at 4:06 pm

awwww so cute

2. FeelingConfused

March 13, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Congrats to the couple!!! They will have beautiful children, no doubt!

BN, I love your website, but you guys seem to be all over the place these days. Don’t take offense, but why interview a non-Nigerian couple for a Nigerian website? Will you start featuring Indian couples? Brazilian couples? French couples? Mexican couples as well?

No one take offense, as I’m simply asking. I loved the fact that there was a website I could come to to celebrate all things Nigerian. Now it just seems like there is no direction, maybe you should be BellaAfrica or BellaWorld instead?

BellaNaija.com

March 13, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Thank you for your comment.
      Definitely a lovely couple and we are so glad that they have shared their story with us ?.
      BellaNaija Weddings features an overwhelming majority Nigerian and African couples at home and in diaspora – over 98%.
      We have a global audience and do periodically step outside our base when we see proposals, brides or weddings we love.
      Just the same way, Nigerians have been featured in historically mainstream publications in the USA and UK, we believe in inclusiveness while maintaining our primary focus.

• N-A

March 14, 2017 at 3:22 am

Most US publications do not publish content on Nigeria or Nigerians. To the extent that they do, it is because the content is somehow tied to the US or the Nigerian is also an American or based in America. In very limited situations, there are postings on us absent these caveats, but not nearly at the frequency in which I have started to notice BN publish. The beauty of BellaNaija is that those back home can celebrate culture sometimes looked down upon in the rest of the world and for those of us abroad (especially those of us born and raised abroad) to feel more connected to back home. Let us continue to celebrate our own culture on the limited platforms we have. I can catch a story on anything going on in the US relevant to me (as an American) any time. Posting it on one of the few forums where we can find quality stuff on Nigeria is not necessary, for the exception of the occasional article. Let us not slowly and unintentionally put out the image that everything non=Nigerian is better (this is not necessarily in reference to the article above, but like the individual above said more or less a common occurrence we are starting to see on the site).

• Hmm

March 14, 2017 at 11:51 am

@Bellanaija where is LemmeRants comment? It had something to do with someone in the yellow top? why post it if you were going to eventually delete it?

• FeelingConfused

March 15, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Thank you @N-A, I was actually going to post a similar response.. US publications are not going to feature a Nigerian couple in Nigeria. If they post a Nigerian couple it’s because they reside in America.

I do recognize the fact that readers from around Africa and throughout the world visit this site, but I believe they visit it because they too enjoy the beauty of Nigerian culture. I cannot count how many times I’ll see a youtube video showcasing Nigerian culture and non-Nigerians comment on how much they love Nigerian culture or want to marry a Nigerian. I have friends that I introduced to, and love, this website because they marvel at how beautiful Nigerian weddings are. My non-Nigerian friends constantly remark how they can’t wait for my wedding because they want an excuse to visit Nigeria, etc.

I love your website, I truly do. But I feel like what was once a great platform for Nigerians has become something else. While it’s great to send people to other African countries or places in Europe and Dubai to showcase all the great things to do in those places, what about showing people what’s in Nigeria? There are so many beautiful spots to visit, that many Nigerians may not know about. When I went to Nigeria last year, there were places I visited in Lekki and Lagos that my own cousins who live there didn’t know about.

I don’t want to make this into a long post, but this website has so much potential. It’s just disheartening to see the new direction it seems to be going in.

3. meninnist

March 13, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Abi oo. Lordt have mercy her friends are fine. Hopefully they arent feminists

4. meninnist

March 13, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Such a lovely story mehn I wish I had dated more seriously in college all the babe’s left over the age of 26 who are single visit bellanaija to comment that they hate men.

• M

March 13, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Your comment is not only unfair & untrue, but also myopic & silly. Most angry women are those with daddy issues, divorced and/or battered women. They range from teens to those in their 50s or even 60s. They are everywhere not just Bella Naija just as the responsible, level headed ones are also everywhere. If u would be honest, only few women compared to the ‘normal’ ones spew hate on men,yet u only notice the haters. Just like in real life, many men notice the few crazy ones and ignore the good ones then go around spewing thrash. Infact some of u would meet a good woman and say, “she’s too old”. Then go for hot headed, younger yellow pawpaws with little to offer.

• Sugamama

March 13, 2017 at 8:06 pm

LMAO. Sorry.

5. Pamela

March 13, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Oluwa when will my own happen ooooh??? This is so lovely!

6. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

March 13, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Fear of boo saying NO will not allow me to do public proposal Biko…. Private ati take over…

• timib

March 14, 2017 at 12:15 am

nothing beats an intimate private proposal for me but why will boo say no though? don’t couples talk about these things before ole boy goes ring shopping :/ ?