Scoop

Facebook User Poses Nude to Promote Self Love and Shares Vital Message to Plus Sized Women

Facebook user Dank Demoss shares a very important message with her friends on social media. The young lady talks about being different, accepting and loving yourself irrespective of your weight and what your body looks like.

She posed nude and slammed fat shamers criticizing her body.

She says in her Facebook post:

They tried to break me! They tried to befriend me because of who I am! They tried to drive me in sane! They want me in that hole again!!! They want me to hate myself!!! They think I shouldn’t be here because according to their books I’m FAT AND I’M SLOPPY! What if i was 150 lbs and I took this picture would I get negative or positive? What if I had the body of a goddess? Those pple still don’t have as much confidence as I do!! I took this picture because I want everyone to know that they are beautiful!!! Y’all have purpose! Y’all can change the world you are great you are powerful u are smart you are intelligent MOST OF ALL YOU ARE DIFFERENT !!! I know I’m going to get a lot of negativity from my picture but I don’t care man!!! Because y’all will never ever take me back to that dark place again !!!
Love yourself and believe that you are great
Pa.DANK

1. Abi

April 27, 2017 at 9:54 pm

So wait a minute, hollup…..at UK 16 I’m plus size and madam here too is plus size? Hian!!!!!!!!

2. mulikat

April 27, 2017 at 10:07 pm

what is this, nude ,omg.she get heart.

3. Anon

April 27, 2017 at 10:18 pm

When her doctor puts her through to have gastric band surgery, she will sing a new tune.

4. Biz

April 27, 2017 at 10:41 pm

This is unhealthy period. There is plus size but healthy and there is simply unhealthy.

• Bad gang

April 28, 2017 at 10:33 am

Shikena! She literarily has no knee cap!

5. Ottawa Queen

April 27, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Sorry to say but this is not inspiring, not healthy and obviously not how God formed us at birth or creation. Just imagine if EVE was exactly this way? Would Adam had accepted her as bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh?? I thought God said our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and we should treat and pamper our bodies with much care. I doubt he will be happy to see us this way. I’m not being discriminatory or biased or stuff. I’m just reasoning this from another perspective. My personal view o. You are entitled to yours.

• Canada

April 28, 2017 at 9:25 am

Just imagine if EVE was exactly this way? Would Adam had accepted her as bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh?? I think Adam would have accepted her because that was all he had ever known. This post is inspiring to the very few people that have lost the fight against weight loss, it might look like a hopeless situation but that’s all the hope they have. The point that struck me the most in her write up was that of Self acceptance. No one can beat you down more than you beat yourself.

Ps. I don’t support that she took off her clothes, it’s better for everyone to keep their clothes on.

6. Susie

April 27, 2017 at 11:16 pm

Very unhealthy & I’m so tired of these fat acceptance people acting like being fat is a disability that cannot be changed. She is a beautiful woman but a pretty wig & face & fat acceptance won’t help you when diabetes or heart disease knocks on your door as you age. A human being isn’t supposed to be this overweight period. Funny how they give so many excuses for being fat but there are no fat people in places where there’s a famine. When your belly is hanging down & your thighs are rubbing against each other, no one should tell you it’s time to lose weight & if you can’t do it for God’s sake get help but please stop excusing it

• Funto

April 28, 2017 at 12:50 am

Thank you. So many people out there walking around with real disabilities getting ostracized, shamed low key but can’t do jack shit to change their condition and this babe be forming positive movement. Babe better hit the gym.

I have a friend whose about 5ft2. He’s a guy and a very wonderful one. Dude keeps getting shamed and overlooked here and there but can’t do nothing about it. And here you have a perfectly healthy human being who can change her situation but is instead posting “motivational” quotes on social media.

• Chop chop

April 28, 2017 at 10:34 am

Exactly! She doesn’t have an incurable medical disease or excuse for being so large besides lack of self control. No-one is saying she should be size 0 but that’s no excuse for being obese. She’s promoting an unhealthy body and proud of it. How sad!

7. Ngbabe

April 27, 2017 at 11:25 pm

The only self love you can show to yourself is to lose weight and get your health on track and not to pose nude.

8. Adunnie

April 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

This is not plus size.. This is obesity.. Very very unhealthy.. Ahan no no

9. Lol

April 28, 2017 at 1:49 am

Lol at the comments. Omo disgrace ni girl yin sha. Posing nude on top radada weight. Shior!

10. Yinka

April 28, 2017 at 1:55 am

Gastric by-pass surgery needed ASAP!!!

11. Spunky

April 28, 2017 at 7:30 am

And she’s got a pretty face.

12. Papacy

April 28, 2017 at 7:39 am

Lol. Anything to go nude. Pretty sure this was air brushed a bit too.

13. Olivia

April 28, 2017 at 7:45 am

Is dat a stomach or a vagina?

14. Lucinda

April 28, 2017 at 8:31 am

Losing weight and getting healthy is very very difficult. But sweetie, you have to do this for yourself. Not the bullies or “haters”. Nobody will benefit from you putting on or losing weight, except you!

15. Diamond

April 28, 2017 at 8:38 am

Looking at her picture, I just wonder how she urinates, poo and menstruate. It must be really difficult cleaning up. And getting on with life and tasks, hard.
    I love her no doubt, but she needs help asap!

16. dee

April 28, 2017 at 9:31 am

if the weight gain isn’t genetic she shouldn’t be trying to pass it off as normal but rather work on losing it to a healthy level, not necessarily thin but at least healthy

17. Deleke

April 28, 2017 at 9:49 am

I bet she don’t eat or drink nothing she can’t spell like Broccoli, Asparagus, Lentils, even water sef etc.

• kemi

April 30, 2017 at 8:59 am

You are very mean. Your mouth is caustic

18. Tru

April 28, 2017 at 9:55 am

Missy, this looks disgusting and ill. Stay alive and work on your body, and stop using the poor excuse of “self-love”. Sheesh.

19. yummymummycumchick

April 28, 2017 at 10:47 am

IN FACT, THIS IS AN INSULT TO BBW PPLE , NAH ………………………… GET HELP !

20. Toyosi

April 28, 2017 at 11:03 am

So someone cannot take picture again. So someone cannot love themselves again. Nawa for you people. She is on her journey. People shouting about her health, do you think she does not know. Does that now mean she should hide herself and hate herself. You dont know if she’s on a lifestyle plan to help and if she cant accept herself now, trust me if she was size 0, she wont still accept herself.

• Abi

April 28, 2017 at 10:37 pm

@ Toyosi, ok then. I declare and loose this her body as your portion in …..,.,,,,oya complete the prayer.

• Tobi

April 28, 2017 at 10:59 pm

so if someone with Anorexia took skeleton picture and proclaim self love you bah go support, because you have seen the light of accepting everything contrary and dangerous, mtchewwwwwww Clap for yourself . Your kind is what is wrong with the world today. Look up ” fat fetish”. “feeder” also look up permissive Infact scrap the latter just look in the mirror,

21. Pita

April 28, 2017 at 11:51 am

Soliciting for self love by posing nude is the least of your problems! …. What’s so hard in eating healthy? SMH

22. Mrs Amah

April 28, 2017 at 7:43 pm

It is high time we human beings learned a thing or two from animals (I’m referring here to wild/free animals in their natural habitat and not domesticated ones or those in the zoo). You will never ever see an obese lion, giraffe or cheetah because they eat when necessary and stop once satiated. They do not go eating on and on to obesity. Even an elephant, though big in frame, is never obese. There is a saying ‘all things in moderation’ and that goes for eating as well. Being this obese as pictured above is definitely fraught with tons of health issues….where do I begin.

23. olanna&odenigbo

April 28, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Insecurity presents itself in many forms…. some by out loud attention seeking, others by wrongly lashing out and seeking validation… Identify yours.

To the body issue….my personal experience is that people ALWAYS have an opinion on what you should look like. You CANNOT satisfy everybody, cos you cant control how people act or react towards you. The one person you can both control and satisfy is YOU… so first and foremost identify what your body goal is and BE HONEST with yourself about whether you need to put in work to get it or not… If you do, then take the necessary steps- forget what people will say or think…. Otherwise, If you’re happy with your current body, then don’t let the world ruin your high. I am also aware there are health conditions that can result in this kind of massive weight gain, if so I truly wish you the strength of heart to live as happily as you possibly can. I have a friend with a health-related case and with our careless naija mouth, its not easy for her, so please lets practise being sensitive to others.

That said, I will say this…. If your size has the potential to interfere with someone else’s right to their privacy or use of public space and facilities…for instance- if you’re spilling over 2 plane seats and making your neighbours sweat more than necessary or your body rubbing on them…, then you have to UNDERSTAND their irritation- you may not like it, but understanding will help you realise its not them just being mean to you… I picked the plane scenario just cause it is a MAJOR deal for me to fly comfortably….. Other humans will have their own pet peeves too…. so some consequences of your choices, I’m afraid, you have to make peace with…and it’s not always people hating….sometimes its people wanting to not feel cheated. I mean you can understand why the weightloss surgeries being funded by the NHS, for instance, can be a world war 3 issue…. some of the public anger stems from matters like these- having to deal with avoidable consequences for a single person’s choice….

Please let us practise self love with loving our neighbours in mind. cheers.

24. Daizzzy

April 29, 2017 at 9:23 am

There’s a difference between self deceit and self love. This right here is self deceit!

25. Anon

April 29, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Choi the devil is a bloody liar. She’s feeding legion and they are lying to her, na wah oh. The truth shall set you free and cast out these demons you are feeding.