Scoop

MUST WATCH! The Official Trailer for #IsokenTheMovie starring Dakore Akande, Funke Akindele & More is Here on BN TV

BellaNaija.com

If you have been on BN recently then you know how excited we are about this movie. It’s fun, engaging, and addressing an issue that a lot of young women face in Nigeria – the pressure to get married.

We’ve been dropping teasers for the movie for a few weeks but now it’s time to feast your eyes on the official trailer for Jade Osiberu‘s star-studded movie “Isoken”.

Watch below.

1. Tola

April 6, 2017 at 7:38 am

Lol @oyinbo! And the series of hilarious exclamations after that. Think this will be very interesting. June looks so faraway! Can’t it be June already

2. It's me

April 6, 2017 at 7:59 am

Haba! June is too far na. I can see my SGIT hot couple ( Tiwa & Mide). Timini *insert love struck smiley*. I came wait

3. Beard gang

April 6, 2017 at 8:16 am

I’m so looking forward to bolanle olukanni scenes

• fx

April 6, 2017 at 8:40 am

What for???

• Waat 4

April 6, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Pray tell, what for?!

• Odine

April 6, 2017 at 5:44 pm

What for bawo? She obviously is a Bolanle fan. Isnt that enough reason?

4. Isoken

April 6, 2017 at 9:13 am

I’m going to sue for copyright infringement oh! That’s my name. Dakore looks spool beautiful though Ahan!

5. Moyo

April 6, 2017 at 9:14 am

It looks interesting, I will definitely watch this

6. Movie geek

April 6, 2017 at 9:15 am

Now this is what they are calling feem, not all these glorified home videos. Congrats to Dakore, Funke and everyone else on the project

7. Chichi

April 6, 2017 at 9:17 am

Oh my God the wardrobe, the colours ? This is beautiful! ????

8. Kiki

April 6, 2017 at 9:20 am

Wawuu! Now I want to see this! June is too far sha

9. Joy

April 6, 2017 at 9:22 am

LMAO at the prayer at the end. That’s my mom!!! Roboskante

10. Liz

April 6, 2017 at 9:30 am

This looks really good and well done. I can’t wait!

11. Fabulous

April 6, 2017 at 9:37 am

Omo this movie looks interesting and funny. Can’t wait for June.

12. Billionaire in grace

April 6, 2017 at 9:42 am

??? I wish I was in Nigeria.iroko please get this for us abeg abeg

13. gboa

April 6, 2017 at 10:42 am

Anticipating!

14. Oyinbo Wife in training

April 6, 2017 at 10:44 am

Kevin abi Marc is HOOOOT. Let my mother not see this. I love caucasian men with a full head of hair. If i sha can’t run my fingers through mine because they have refused to grow, i can run them through his. Yummu, yum, yum tall cup of latte right there.

• gia

April 6, 2017 at 4:18 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

15. SoniaPaloma

April 6, 2017 at 10:54 am

ahhhh they missed oo. Ngozi Nwozu should have been Isoken’s mother lol. The African mother display would have been epic coming from her
    I am looking forward to seeing this

16. I love this movie already!

April 6, 2017 at 11:36 am

Abeg June is too far oo Jade mbok. I know I’m about to enjoy this movie like I did wedding party.
    The cast is killing me.
    And I smell humor ie comedy. Funke, Joseph, Dami, Lydia and my bae anyday, the ageless Dakore (I really love this lady, her class, charisma, self-confidence, style, mwah)
    Body dey do me jigijigi!

17. Fifi

April 6, 2017 at 11:56 am

Cant wait

18. David

April 6, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Isoken is one of the few Nollywood film’s that have my money this year, but I want to point out an on-going, very troubling trend in Nigeria cinema; the influx of formulaic story telling and relegation of daring, out-of-the-box Nigerian films.

Ojukororo based on the teasers/trailer was promising and unique yet has a very limited theatrical release. It didn’t have stars but had known faces yet I had to go to two cinemas last Friday before I could watch it, meanwhile a few “interesting” Nigerian titles were all over. Why?

B for Boy, one of the best plotted and acted Nigerian film in years and ever made, didn’t find distribution in Nigeria. Kenneth Gyang has a new film on immigration, and I’m almost certain it won’t find (wide) theatre release. Why? No star actors and “too artistic”, maybe.

C.J. Obasi, a promising Nigerian film maker, has never made a film that got theatre release in Nigeria. Abba Makama’s Green White Green, which frankly speaking, from the trailer, was my favourite among Nigeria films at TIFF last year and collectively gathered the best reviews from TIFF, but it hasn’t (or has it?) found distribution in Nigeria. Why? No stars and “too artistic”?

Nollywood theater distributors are gradually modelling Hollywood studio based film making and distributing model. Though that seems to be working in Hollywood, it will either kill creativity in Nollywood or make Nigerian film makers interested in artistic exploration aspire outside Nigeria because Nollywood frankly and sadly doesn’t have any credible awarding system that separates art from commerce or marries both if necessary. All awards, I’m aware, are largely political, but in Nigeria… exceptionally so.

Nollywood has not yet reached an artistic high, 99% of its films, sorry to say, are still sub-standard or banal. Now with distributors and cinemas only picking films of certain genres it will get worse. Nothing against Isoken; they had my money with the first two teasers, I love Tina Mba, Jade is promising… but can all type of Nigerian films mutually exists, please?

We have to encourage other film makers trying to do something different, abeg. Silverbird, filmhouse and co abeg…

• nene

April 6, 2017 at 4:04 pm

you’ve said it all. personally, i think these movies are hyped with money and celebrity status, and the plots are very basic. i didn’t like The Wedding Party, and very few scenes were funny, for a romantic comedy, and from the looks of this trailer, i see a similar trend. cinematography is great but the plot, directing, and acting are nothing special. However, i’m hoping for growth and improvement from Nigerian producers, script writers and directors in the future.

• Odine

April 6, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Until people begin to understand genres, Nigerians will continue to liken movies like B for Boy with movies like Isoken and wedding party. Every film maker or writer has his or her strength and niche and the most successful of them are those that are true to their strengths and they go on to make remarkable successes. More importantly, the rule is to ensure you work a marketing budget when making a movie. In addition, some movies are called independent films for a reason and very often they don’t hit mainstream cinemas or they only have limited releases. If you take time out to read about Jade’s back story, she has created some commendable body of work under NdaniTV. While movie making is art it is also for commercial purposes, hence profit must be made. There is no point trying to make an action fight scenes type movies or action movies that cannot be made properly to a global standard. So while these action movies are great, I applaud the beauty and talent behind a movie like Isoken. As a woman it resonates deeply, as a Nigerian even deeper and on a scale of great cinema experience, Isoken is looking like it has my money this summer. So Jade for whoever you are and the little I have read about you, you are one hell of a woman! What is that you people’s hashtag again? #IsokenIsComing Lollll… I love it and I’m living for it!

• Joseph

April 6, 2017 at 6:54 pm

You peepu can like to complain too much. Last year alone, there was 76, Arbitration, Taxi Driver and 93day. In every market in the world, there’s room for everything. There will always be commercial projects, it’s a bloody business and investors like Mo Abudu and AY want their money back plus some. But there has and always will be artistic projects that the minority of people want to watch. If you like them so much, why don’t you start investing in them instead of jacking someone else’s post to complain? There’s a line up of talented people that will put your money to good use.

• Economics 101

April 6, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Because – Demand and supply. Film distribution is a business not a charity or an art foundation. This activism route won’t work. Filmmakers might need to find alternative means to get their work to their audience or grow their audience. The industry seriously needs these commercial films right now cos it’s in its infancy and can only take more risks and grow by attracting more talents & with training when there’s more money to play with. You’re basically asking for luxury products (artistic films) to go mainstream in a 5-10% middle to upper class economy. How you wan see am?

• NR

April 12, 2017 at 2:22 am

Great post. The great thing about movies though is that it’s an art form at the same time it’s a change mechanism, it’s a method of revealing flaws, but it’s also entertainment. Most Nigerians are just looking for entertainment. Our lives are filled with enough ‘serious matters’ that when we pay for a movie we just want to forget our woes.

I get your point and really wish we had better reception for these but the truth remains that comedy sells in Nigeria because Nigerians want to laugh.

19. Nv

April 6, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Abeg, @David, u talk true Jare!!

Most of the movies you mentioned are ones I have not heard about. I’m happy that Nollywood is making headway in good filmmaking but story and scripting are yet to catch up. But I’m hopeful.

I loved the ending, the ‘Oyinbo’ part and the ensuing speaking in tongues, lol!!!!

• A

April 6, 2017 at 11:12 pm

I swear,that end part killed me. I laugh tire. The woman entered the spirit sharply.

20. Hannah

April 6, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Can’t Wait!!

21. Vincent

April 6, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Isoken is coming!!!

• What isoken?

April 6, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Nooo!! Jesus is coming!!

22. Idomagirl

April 7, 2017 at 3:08 am

I can’t wait!!!! And that oyibo guy is so cute!!!!!

The mummy speaking in tongues at the end ?

23. Miss Fine