News

Osun Police Reportedly Arrests Doctor who Administered Painkillers to late Senator Adeleke

Senator Isiaka Adeleke

Senator Isiaka Adeleke

Alfred Aderibigbe, a medical assistant with a community health center in Ede, Osun State, has been arrested on Tuesday by the Police for allegedly causing the death of Senator Isiaka Adeleke on Sunday.

Sahara Reporters reports that he is currently detained at the State Investigation Bureau of the Nigeria Police in Osogbo.

The Osun State government and the deceased family wanted an autopsy to be carried out to find out the cause of the death and the result showed that the senator died of drug overdose.

Phone call records obtained from his phone confirmed that the Senator called Aderibigbe on many occasions to administer some drugs on him after he complained of pain in his leg.

On Sunday morning, the Senator started complaining that he was feeling unwell and sent for Aderibigbe to give him painkillers intravenously, a double dose of analgesics was administered on the Senator. Shortly after he had a heart attack and was later taken to Biket Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

1. bolintin

April 26, 2017 at 10:29 am

Hmn!!!!!! Now Old man Senator dies and the world will no longer rest.
    This silly police, where have they been since all these Doctors have been committing all manner of atrocities on the everyday citizen.

Please don’t let me start being hateful this morning o coz I nor even get time today.

Anywayz my own is Doctors you too up your game and this is towards everyone and not just the big men. Sometimes people even fear going to the hospital sef coz of the too many atrocities that you guys commit.

• Amaka

April 26, 2017 at 4:00 pm

What kind of mean comment is that. His family wanted an autopsy. When my mum died I could have requested that but I did not suspect foul play. I knew her condition. Niger factor delayed process but no personality to blame. This case seems extra ordinary because the man had political opponents and details got on social media. Anybody can request an autopsy of they so wish. Senator or no senator.

• Amaka

April 26, 2017 at 4:11 pm

The day a human begin becomes aware that he needs the direction of the supernatural Holy Spirit is the day He will be set free. Doctors are human beings first before they are professionals. Likewise other professions. I was slated for a surgery out of the country and my heart was still fixed trusting God Why? A human being will be doing it. Except the Lord watches over a city the watchman watches in vein. Some people would have just rested in the fact that it will be done outside the country. A great woman from Nigeria died after surgery abroad. It is sad and I still don’t know what went wrong. In short, remember doctors are human beings too.

2. bolintin

April 26, 2017 at 10:31 am

by the way bella naija. I notice that when you guys are not sure that people will respond to a particular new you just post comments without any moderation. In my opinion you should have a standard.

• o

April 26, 2017 at 11:02 am

Gbam!!!!

3. Xyz

April 26, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Gobe! My consultant once told me, “If you want to survive in this profession, never treat any patient at home, they should always be seen in the hospital.” No truer words… I’m sure there is no proper documentation as to the medications and dosages prescribed by this doctor. I wish him all the best.

4. akeem

April 26, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Bellanaija medical assistant and doctor no be d same thing..hmmm

5. Cocolette

April 26, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Did they want an autopsy carried out or an autopsy was actually carried out?! I can bet my bottom dollar that if an autopsy was carried out they would have found a huge blood clot sitting somewhere in his lungs courtesy Deep Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism, instead of looking for medical assistant and painkillers to blame