Scoop

Screen Goddess Genevieve Nnaji is Shooting her New Film “LionHeart” & We’re Excited! See B.T.S Photos

BellaNaija.com

Nollywood actress Genevieve Nnaji is working on something new and we are excited and can’t wait to see what it is.

It has been over a year since she graced our TV screens, with her last production being award-winning film Road to Yesterday.

The star actress is currently working on a new film titled “LionHeart” and from what we can see it is being shot in Enugu and will feature veteran Nollywood actor Steve Eboh.

See behind the scene photos below!

1. Babycakes

April 19, 2017 at 11:54 am

See as woman fine??

2. The Real Oma

April 19, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Omg, HAIR!!!

• Pat

April 19, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Know right!?

3. Nuna

April 19, 2017 at 12:36 pm

Im actually more excited to see the Innoson car!

• Memoir

April 19, 2017 at 1:12 pm

@Nuna……I tell you

• Tola

April 19, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Same here!

4. ProGenny

April 19, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Babe!

5. Bowl

April 19, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Go Genny Nwa !

6. E

April 19, 2017 at 12:51 pm

I’m excited too. Genny is beautiful.

7. Carmen

April 19, 2017 at 1:02 pm

So beautiful…with almost no effort.

8. Unicorn

April 19, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Beautiful and elegant Genevieve.

9. ...just saying

April 19, 2017 at 1:08 pm

SMH! here we go again with her always being an upwardly mobile chic. Can we have some diversity please? That’s what makes you an actor.

• temi

April 19, 2017 at 3:25 pm

She can only play herself in her roles. She has no range or versatility. Always playing posh rich madam. I love her but she is like Gabrielle Union – 1 trick pony.

• George Esame

April 26, 2017 at 12:04 am

N I love grabrielle union too. Genevieve mustn’t be the most versatile. It’s abt knowing ur brand. For ur information the most commercially successful actresses and endorsed even in Hollywood aren’t always d versatile ones.

10. nene

April 19, 2017 at 1:15 pm

road to yesterday was not a good movie, also very forgettable, i kept fast forwarding, but i won’t be harsh because it was her first attempt. i hope this one is better.

• AceOfSpades

April 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm

And this ladies and gentlemen is what we call constructive criticism!

Now I want to watch the Road to Yesterday to see if it’s true what you said.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

April 20, 2017 at 12:50 pm

When you say “fast forwarding”….. does that mean it’s out on DVD in Naija? Abeg, if so then my list has been waiting…. even “The Meeting” sef, I still never watch (& I’ve searched for that movie every time I’ve entered Naija) ?

….. only got an unexpected chance to finally see “Road to Yesterday” on a flight (my peepu, awa feem don dey enter in-house flight entertainment..:.. up KLM ??). And I loved it. Maybe it’s a little slow paced and predictable but I was enthralled by the production. Felt like a breath of fresh air for Nollywood. ??

• George Esame

April 26, 2017 at 12:08 am

Jesus! Did u say predictable? Sorry u haven’t watched it. Cuz the unpredictability in RTY is what makes it stand out. Very twisted plot.

11. Spunky

April 19, 2017 at 1:17 pm

I hope the movie turns out great. Bless her…

12. isaobi

April 19, 2017 at 1:42 pm

I quite admire Genevieve Nnaji’s courage of using young directors for her films however employing C J Obasi,an otherwise award winning young director for this new movie is a serious gamble. Obasi’s previous works are receptive at film festivals but unpopular at cinemas’ box office.

13. Billionaire in grace

April 19, 2017 at 3:10 pm

I agree with @JUSTSAYING Road to yesterday wasnt so fantastic… we want to see her playing different role not just the same upper class lady.I watched “Tango with me” the other day it was boring as well.

• Titi

April 19, 2017 at 7:10 pm

please where did you watch tango with me

• Mrs chidukane

April 19, 2017 at 9:02 pm

EL TV shows it from time to time. Also ROK TV. I don’t think it’s boring,its just not a fast paced movie. I and my husband quite enjoyed it.

• Livingfortoday

April 22, 2017 at 5:33 am

Pls where did you watch tango with me? I’ve been dying to watch that movie

14. grace

April 19, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Grace our screen, guys she is an actor, doing her job. How many of you “graced” your office this morning. Let’s put things in perspective and let her work speak for itself.

15. M

April 19, 2017 at 5:19 pm

I LOVED road to yesterday.

16. Chinedu Arinze

April 19, 2017 at 5:21 pm

#lionsheartthemovie is going to be bomb, I trust Genny,

17. Awesome

April 19, 2017 at 5:36 pm

“Road to Yesterday ” was the BEST thing that happened to be in 2015. Genevieve’s acting was in another relm. The story and the movie in general was phonemonal.
    For those already commenting about her role in this movie, wait until you see the movie trailer… Let’s just chill.

• Grace

April 20, 2017 at 6:50 am

Can’t argue with you as it’s your opinion. But the movie was boring and predictable, I watched the movie with friends and they slept all through.

Btw, I know we’ll say Genny is classy and all but her fashion style is boring

18. Orienma

April 19, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Did I read” …award winning movie”? If it actually won or was nominated then its just because its Genevieve. Love you but always bossy; how can I cope? Yawns

19. Awesome

April 19, 2017 at 8:44 pm

@Orienma – Are you in this planet?
    Abi you don’t know “Road to Yesterday” was the BEST West African Movie for the year 2015.?
    If you didn’t enjoy watching Road to Yesterday, then you don’t have any business watching movies. It’s a choice though, you can choose to keep watching the conventional Nollywood movies or step up to advanced and refined movies like the Award winning “Road to Yesterday”.

20. nnenne

April 19, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Hi Genie, can’t wait! !!!

21. Somto

April 20, 2017 at 1:39 am

The storyline is about a young girl abused got pregnant and ran sway from home cos her family rejected her and the loin heart bit is her courage and strength she endured to raise the child amidst hardship of naija. Blockbuster people just thank me later

22. Awesome

April 20, 2017 at 8:20 am

@Somto, Are you sure… Or you are just guessing?

23. Uche

April 20, 2017 at 10:19 am

@Grace- You predicted which movie – “Road to Yesterday” ? You must have watched another movie of similar title. Definitely, not the one produced by Genevieve.
    Except your your matter is a case of #BadBelle raise to power 2.

24. James bond

April 20, 2017 at 1:28 pm

@Somto, If what you’re saying is true, then the movie is partly autobiographical without the running away from home part. I’m guessing Genny’s parents were not too happy at the time, they must have come around now.
    And for those wanting her to act mad woman in film to show that she can act, Abeg make una commot for road with all your noise.
    The girl can act. She has nothing to prove, she’s naturally classy. Na so e be. Water will always find its level.
    You sef, tear cloth and act your own make we clap for you.

25. Adetoro A Akinseye

April 22, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Hope this too will be on Netflix like Road to Yesterday. Best Wishes to Jenny thank for representing Black as beautiful as many today are not comfortable or should I say confident in their own skin they need to make it lighter.

26. maureen kenneth

September 5, 2018 at 8:16 pm

honey u gud n what u’ve chosen.just trust in urself.