News

Set Your Ward on the Way to a Brilliant Future! Lekki British School Helps Your Children Discover Their Unique Talents

Lekki British School was established in September 2000 on a 25-acre campus within the Lekki Peninsula part of Lagos in South Western, Nigeria. It consists of Lekki British Pre School, Lekki British Junior School, Lekki British High School and Sixth Form College.

Lekki British High School is the first British Boarding school in Lagos, Nigeria.

Our Aim at Lekki British School is to allow your child discover and develop their unique talents within a disciplined and caring, traditional British School environment.

Our Mission Statement is “To provide an environment in which each individual is assisted to discover his or her academic potential in study, sports and personal development.”

As an international school, we are proud to provide the highest possible standard of education to our students, enabling them to compete in an increasingly competitive global environment.

The need for us to maintain this standard demands not just that teaching methods are appropriate to the needs of our students but that those students, in turn, are able to demonstrate that they have the potential or ability to achieve the levels we require.

The Sixth Form College offers the Cambridge A Levels and one year Pre – University International Degree Foundation Program in association with a consortium of over a hundred international universities across the globe. This Foundation Program guarantees admission into our partner universities on successful completion of the program.

The school provides an excellent holistic experience for the students and most of our graduates are well placed at international universities and even working with successful companies. Some of the reasons to be at Lekki British School are:

• Internationally recognised and affiliated, leading to more options for students.
  • Located on 22 well-tended acres of grounds in a secure and tranquil part of Lekki Phase One to create a conducive learning environment.
  • Track record of academic excellence (British curriculum).
  • Well trained and certified teachers who, along with our support staff, provide excellent pastoral care and individual student attention.
  • Strong values of discipline, integrity, respect for others and intelligent conflict resolution.
  • Attention to sports and co-curricular activities to promote physical wellbeing and encourage leadership and team spirit. Facilities include football field, tennis and basketball courts and a superb swimming pool with seated viewing gallery.
  • Excellent boarding facilities for our weekly and full boarding students (in addition to day students).
  • Use of technology in education delivery, including E-learning facilities and portal academic platforms. LBS is a designated Microsoft International Pathfinder School and our Wi-Fi enabled environment facilitates consistent research and study.

For admission enquires, please send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]. You can also visit our website here.

We are located at Victoria Arobieke Street, off Admiralty Way; Lekki Phase One, Lagos. Feel free to come by for a free a visit!

Call us on (01)453-7247, (01)270-8300, (01)270-8302.

—————————————————————————————————————–
Sponsored Content

1. KitKat

April 6, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Pls i need honest reviews about this school. I’ld also appreciate recommendations of good secondary schools in Lagos. Thank you.

• o

April 6, 2017 at 5:39 pm

I’ll appreciate same info too. Preferably with the estimated amount for tuition yearly pls.

2. Anne

April 6, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Nice. Me I no get this opportunity when I was in secondary school. I de for boarding house. Other students who traveled out came back with pops watch and goodies. To God be the glory, I got a visa after Uni to study. Praise the Lord. Children of these days, make your parents proud o. School fees no be joke.

3. Enny heart heart

April 6, 2017 at 5:58 pm

Abeggi who African epp.

4. kkay

April 6, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Our Ministry of Education has not done anything to standardize education and supervise schools in Nigeria.
    There is nothing wrong with parents choosing private education (with British, American or Turkish curriculum) for their children.
    However, if public schools are well-funded and standardized (academic curriculum,teaching staff, admin staff, sports facilities etc), most of these private schools would not rip parents off with tuition fees.

I attended good public schools. My primary school had a mix of pupils from all races and competition was keen. The best aggregate score was by an Indian boy in my class. He made 36 aggregate in Common entrance and I made 33.
    My second older sister made 36 aggregate in her set and always topped her class in a public school o.

My Junior Secondary School was also a public but highly competitive. I was in Choral Group (music) and French Club. It was even a new school then but it rose to the top 3 schools in the state in all activities. The best students were placed in A classes and I remained in A classes from JSS1 to 3 until I passed the entrance exam to Special Science School where a lot of people made 9 As in 9 subjects in SSCE.

My friend’s younger sister also attended Suleja academy for Gifted Children and also made straight As in 9 subjects. So did another friend in and she represented her state in Lawn Tennis.
    (Please, I am not a nerd, neither are my friends. We are very ‘fashion-forward and fun-loving’) Lol.

Most of these private schools are not even in
    proper learning environment and lack proper facilities. Some are in duplexes converted to schools. No sporting facilities or natural lawns etc.

My alma mater, Special Science School still turns out the best students in Mathematics Competition and have students that have gone to represent Nigeria in Germany recently (2015/6) in other academic competitions.

I am saying to Ministry of Education, WAKE UP. BRING BACK HIGH STANDARDS IN EDUCATION. BRING BACK ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE & SCHOOLS COMPETITION!

5. Abike

April 6, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Fantastic school, with large space fit for a University. The environment is top notch and i would recommend it any day anytime. I’ve also heard “a lot“ about the proprietress of the school, that’s story for another day…………………. Some words are better left unsaid! My mum always say if i have nothing good to say then i should say nothing at all.

Let me go mute!

6. Jayline

April 6, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Lovely school, amazing facility. My friends children attend the school and I am impressed with the level of scholarship and good manners the kids display.

7. aj

April 7, 2017 at 1:30 am

bleh…still not as good as the schools in the usa!

8. Amanda

April 9, 2017 at 7:21 pm

The level of pastoral care in schools in the USA is worrisome. Peer pressure and the fear of teenagers becoming gay is a worry for most parents. That is why such schools in Nigeria are still considered better.