Scoop

“I’m A Fan” Controversy: Decarlo claims Pia Mia’s version is the Authentic One, Phyno Reacts

BellaNaija.com

In a new twist to the controversy involving rapper Phyno and American singer Pia Mia over the latter allegedly jacking the former’s song “I’m A Fan, Decarlo who was featured on Phyno’s version has come out to state that he wrote the song himself. He also explained that while he pitched it to various artists, the Pia Mia and Jeremih‘s version remains the authentic one.

Read his tweets below:

Phyno has however wasted no time in responding to the allegations posting screenshots of WhatsApp conversations with Decarlo to prove that he actually got the go-ahead from the producer.

BellaNaija - "I'm A Fan" Controversy: Decarlo claims Pia Mia's version is the Authentic One, Phyno Reacts BellaNaija - "I'm A Fan" Controversy: Decarlo claims Pia Mia's version is the Authentic One, Phyno Reacts BellaNaija - "I'm A Fan" Controversy: Decarlo claims Pia Mia's version is the Authentic One, Phyno Reacts BellaNaija - "I'm A Fan" Controversy: Decarlo claims Pia Mia's version is the Authentic One, Phyno Reacts BellaNaija - "I'm A Fan" Controversy: Decarlo claims Pia Mia's version is the Authentic One, Phyno Reacts

Photo Credit: Instagram – @piamia/@phynofino

1. CUTTRED MEATLOAF

June 12, 2017 at 10:55 pm

They can only try,but they will surely FAIL!!! PHYNO 100!!!

• Timi

June 13, 2017 at 2:38 pm

And I prefer Phynos version!!!!!! Thank God for screenshots bruh…..

2. tony

June 13, 2017 at 4:13 am

Producer with no integrity… smh

3. Victor Adegoke

June 13, 2017 at 7:47 am

Phyno Phyno!

• Not a nigerian

June 13, 2017 at 8:43 am

Loook this comment is kinda hillarious because with the way it started I thought it was going to be something sensible but anyway

4. Royalty

June 13, 2017 at 2:58 pm

English isn’t hard to understand if you are literate. Decarlo said that he pitched the song to various artistes. This means that Phyno isn’t the only person who has recorded that song. The difference between him and Pia is that he released his earlier. I noticed that on twitter Pia never responded to all the insults Africans rained on her when she released the song. I wondered if she didn’t see the comments or just deliberately ignored them.
    The question Phyno should be asked is whether or not he wrote the song and is the original owner. If he can answer this, then the issue is half solved.

• HT

June 14, 2017 at 12:27 am

In an interview he claimed he wrote the song but, i doubt him though..Cuz he wasn’t confident enough when he said it.

5. Eagleeye

June 13, 2017 at 8:26 pm

388 open whats app chats sha???
    How do you have the energy for all this?