Comedy

How True is This?

BellaNaija.com

So this tweet by @ani_nomso seems to be getting a lot of nods by some tweeps who believe Nigerians are super conscious of the safety of their vehicles.

So BellaNaijarians, let us hear from you. Do you double check and triple check your vehicle before leaving it in the hands of fate?

1. Bennie

June 22, 2017 at 4:44 pm

True

2. o

June 22, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Guilty as charged!!

3. Dimma

June 22, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Lmao! So true……In addition, just before I walk away, I look through the wound up windows to confirm that the lock/unlock buttons on each door are in the “lock” position……….#WhoTaughtUsSef

4. Fabulous

June 22, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Very true.

5. Adeola

June 22, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Very very true….buhahahaha

6. jane

June 22, 2017 at 5:16 pm

I swear its very true. Before I leave the car, i will put steering lock on the wheel. I will lock all the doors from inside and i will still press the automated button when I come out. I will remove anything of value from the car. When I open the boot to remove stuff, I will press the inner button to lock it when closing it and I will still press the automatic button again after closing. Then, I will pull the boot door to make sure its locked and I will pull the 2 car doors to make sure its locked. When you buy car with your hard earned money in obodo oyibo,nobody will tell you to make sure the car is locked. I cant stand it when i see people walk away from their car while pressing the automatic button. Why? just why? Don’t you care about the safety of your vehicle?LMAO

• Mz Socially Awkward....

June 23, 2017 at 4:47 am

Let me astound your sensibilities.

I’ve left my keys in the ignition & gone (unknowingly) into my office, not realising until it was time to go home….. not once…. ??

7. AngelM

June 22, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Guilty as charged! Even doing same here in Canada. Caution flows in our blood! Lmao!

8. Miss_Flygerian

June 22, 2017 at 5:42 pm

100% accurate. That’s how I lock my house even. I lock all doors as many times as is possible and still pull the handles to be extra sure. The last step involves me looking back after a couple of steps for extra confirmation.

The way I’m security conscious ehn, my white neighbors probably think I’m hiding something sinister in my house/car,

9. Weezy

June 22, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Yes o! Even with the automatic ones that have a remote. After I hear the beep, I will pull the door handle to double-check.

10. kikj

June 22, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Who taught us these things?

11. Ariyike

June 23, 2017 at 1:53 am

It’s in our blood to double check things. The one I do that annoys me and can’t stop doing is cutting toothpaste and lotion bottles to be sure no left overs after extra pressing the life out of the poor thing and i still have extras i could easily open and use but no! Sigh!

• Shao

June 23, 2017 at 8:07 am

Hahahah good one.
      You must be from Ijebu though lol

12. Dame

June 23, 2017 at 9:03 am

lol, i double check X 4 o…cannot be leaving things to chance biko its my hard earned money . when i lock with the control..i try and open to see if it is locked…i walk away and press the control again,. the light and sound must go off together.

for my door at home. i double check and put a chair at all d entrance…i live alone biko and abuja is not safe these days.
    LMAO….this week i was away in Kaduna on official trip, even tho 92 of us were lodged in the same hotel. i still put a chair at the door after i locked it …life is precious

13. Hado

June 23, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Lock = 3 indicator blinks
    open again
    and lock again and count blinks
    try and open, if no luck walk away with pride