BN TV

Personal Shopper Remi Fagbohun’s Story on Kemi Adetiba’s “King Women” is a Must Watch Story on how You DON’T Give Up

BN TV

It’s that time of the week when a new episode of Kemi Adetiba and Accelerate TV‘s “King Women” is out and this week the inspiring series focuses on personal shopper and stylist Remi Fagbohun.

The story will have you in tears, but it is not a sob story. It is a story of perseverance and patience.

Kemi Adetiba says:

Did I forget to tell you the new episode of #KingWomen is now up and LIVE!!!! ? And this one is FUEGO? What is so intriguing about @remifagbohun’s story, is that we spent 6 hours interviewing her and STILL couldn’t get past her life story at age 21. She’s lived a lifetime in such a short time. This means we are going to have Remi come back to finish her story for season two. In the meantime, click the link in my bio and watch her INCREDIBLE story.

Remi Fagbohun says:

I remember the beginning of King Women…it was a thought shared over dinner in NYC between friends. Hearing what Kemi wanted to do… I knew it was time and agreed to do this before I knew who or what it would entail! This isn’t a sob story (though I’m crying a lot in this) but it’s a story of how you DON’T give up – EVER!!! And how you help others , the way you were helped whenever you can! ENJOY!!!

Watch below.

1. madman

June 5, 2017 at 8:10 pm

The same one responsible for styling Tiwa in those UGLY, UGLY clothes? NA WA OOOO

• commentator

June 7, 2017 at 2:46 am

Your comment says a lot about you…but then again you’ve named yourself so you’re not in denial….
      This was such a powerful interview…bless her.

2. Bluey

June 5, 2017 at 8:27 pm

I cried when she cried, I laughed when she laughed, I was happy when she was happy and I can relate to her story. One day, I hope I can get interviewed especially on King Women, but for now, my story is still being written. I’m eagerly waiting for part 2 and how her breakthrough came about.

• Fbi blood

June 5, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Nawa o…Ifeoma Oni is here

• Osa

June 5, 2017 at 10:08 pm

What makes her story so enthralling is that it is not the usual and mundane rags to riches story. Its a story everyone regardless of their background can relate to. I cried at the part of where her mum had to take desperate measures to keep her dad.
      Her story has touched me on the insides. .

3. UYAI

June 5, 2017 at 9:07 pm

SO PATHETIC. WELL DONE FOR YOUR STRENGTH. I AM SO INSPIRED. I WILL PUSH TILL I SUCCEED

4. Dammy b

June 5, 2017 at 9:12 pm

My first time watching the series, wow. Kudos to the producer and remi for telling her story. I used to think my family was the “weird” one due to circumstances I saw and experienced.
    We Nigerians, definitely should tell more of our stories, it’s not all rosy even in a 2 parent household.

5. Deni

June 5, 2017 at 9:38 pm

So many life lessons!!! Once again. thank you Kemi Adetiba for this glimpse in lives of strong women

6. Tinuke

June 5, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Ive watched a few in the series but this by far has been my FAV! absolute favourite.
    it was sooo relate-able. in a good way i wasn’t inspired by the actual story but watching this helped me find a story in my own story. you don’t really realise you have an inspiring story that you can learn from. but watching her deliberately learn from her own experiences was very inspiring for me. i certainly want to hear more. i was sooo sad when it ended.
    love your energy Remi. love love it.

7. Osa

June 5, 2017 at 9:53 pm

I’M Speechless! And in tears . I have never in my slightly over 30 yrs on earth ever watched an online video (which wasnt a movie or music video) from start to finish.
    This is the most inspiring story i ever heard .
    Heavens! You are such an inspiration Remi. Your story also makes me value the importance of friendship more. Never let your circumstance(s) define you.
    God bless you for baring it all

8. wynie

June 5, 2017 at 10:02 pm

I watched and I cried…. I can relate to her story,it almost felt like she was telling my own story too. It is important to be strong through it all. A very few people I tell my story ask me how I still stay strong and be there for others. I tell them it is a fight I put up to never allow my past situation define me. It’s a continuous fight that I am still not giving up on. Thank you Remi for being raw.

9. mba mba mba

June 5, 2017 at 10:11 pm

my inspiration right now! you didn’t let the moment define you! God bless you for sharing and God bless you kemi.

10. Ese V

June 5, 2017 at 10:29 pm

I love how she’s still friends with her original network..

11. Fifi

June 6, 2017 at 12:10 am

Oh my ive cried,i see her on instagram but never paid attention because she is personal shopper, now i love her

12. nene

June 6, 2017 at 12:59 am

omg this is one of the best episodes. so many lessons for women to learn from this. please watch till the end.

13. Laola

June 6, 2017 at 1:11 am

To think I went to the same secondary school with Rem and never guessed she was going through this tough experience. She was so friendly and you would never guess she went through this!

14. kris

June 6, 2017 at 1:20 am

This will make a great movie.i cried all through.inspirational

15. TRUth

June 6, 2017 at 2:06 am

I watched till the very end and wished it never ende. Part 2 please…

16. Nikki

June 6, 2017 at 2:10 am

WOWWWWWWWWWW! Amazing! I wish her story gets published- via a movie production or a book, but her story needs to be told to and reached by a wider audience. So many lessons…her strength, her network, everything that makes her who she is. She has definitely left an impression on me and I feel like every time, when I get a little tired of pushing, I will remember to be relentless, to strengthen my resolve, to be strong, to be determined, and with God on my side, every good thing is possible! Well done Remi, for telling your story and for being a woman of strength, thank you for reminding us all, that no matter where we are, we must never lose sight of who we are and where we are going. God bless you and may He be with you always. Thank you Kemi Adetiba, for such a beautiful and captivating production, thank you for providing the platform through which awesome stories can be told..you are a woman of excellence…God bless the works of your hands!

17. If I start to talk

June 6, 2017 at 4:05 am

The first 20 or so minutes of this episode, I thought she was talking about my family. All this while I have partly blamed my father’s illiteracy for his stupidity but Remi’s father went to Columbia. Columbia University! There are things formal education cannot change, such as the heart of a desperately wicked man. Kemi Adetiba, the day I see you face to face I will lie on the floor and thank you for bringing these stories out. The things women have endured in this Nigeria ehn, this is why I believe Mothers day should be every sunday

• Osa

June 6, 2017 at 1:26 pm

As the yoruba part of my family would say. “AWON OKUNRIN DAJU”.
      The moment a man stops loving a woman romantically, then thats it.
      No empathy no feeling(s. No concern about how she will pull through. All they want is for her to get out of their lives even if they have spent a lifetime together.
      Thats why men should be enslaved by the women they love. Becausr thats the only time they are nice to women

18. OhNana

June 6, 2017 at 4:23 am

Suoerb interview, thoroughly enjoyed it and picked a lot from it. God bless you Remi and God bless Kemi for this too

19. Ade

June 6, 2017 at 6:58 am

Wow! When I started watching this, I saw it was over an hour and I thought to myself, I’ll just watch 15 mins and maybe I’ll come back to it. I’ve just finished it and wished it didn’t end. Amazing story from an equally amazing woman. Sometimes when life deals you a bad hand, we don’t realise that we’re being prepared for the glory ahead. Abeg someone should give Remi a book deal. I know I’ll buy it.

20. Oma

June 6, 2017 at 8:27 am

Wowww! I’m soo touched and inspired at the same time. That’s all I can say

21. D

June 6, 2017 at 9:16 am

@Remi hugs and kisses you have a cute personality just looking at you I always ignore you on instagram but not again. The beating didn’t turn us to extra ordinary people or make us invent sh*t.

22. Oloye

June 6, 2017 at 10:12 am

This so touched me! I cried! I can’t believe it – never cried for a long time, not even when my Dad died – despite the love I had for him.

I could relate with her story, very similar to mine with just few variations – mine was local 100%. Dad had 10 from 3 women and I be first child. Strong people will always find thier ways!

Challa to all STRONG people outchea making it happen despite all odds!

23. The real Madam

June 6, 2017 at 11:18 am

Remi Fagbohun I love you!!!!!
    You have such a beautiful soul 🙂 I am inspired……kudos Kemi A! You knocked this one out the pack. Just when I thought the Chygurl story was the best I had seen, Remi’s story comes and leaves me speechless.

As a young lady who immigrated to the United States over 17 years ago with my mother and siblings, I can relate to so much of her story. Well, my situation wasn’t nearly as bad as hers but I will be lying if I said the rigors of starting a new life, in a sometimes cold and unfriendly country didn’t leave me wishing we had stayed back in Lagos.

But thank God today we are well adjusted, settled, with very successful careers. Remi is right, your attitude dictates how far you get in life and having the wrong attitude, (which I have had to check myself sometimes) can set you back,

I am also glad Remi pointed out the benefit of financial independence and having a healthy dose of self esteem and self love. More often than not I find a lot of married women in our culture say in bad relationships,/ base their entire existence on a man because nine times out of ten, they have never really been independent or lived alone except in college (and probably relied on mom and dad) , When i say live alone, I mean paying your mortgage/rent, and other bills yourself and having a strong financial portfolio before getting married. Girls are taught to go to school and get married at 24/25/26 when truth be told at that age, they are just starting out in their careers and barely have two nickels to rub together. They move from their paren’ts straight to their husband’s, never truly experiencing life, and we wonder why walking out of a bad marriage and rolling solo terrifies so many. And why most turn themselves into doormats to please “le husband”

To conclude I hope a time will come when men in Nigeria will be held accountable for the way they treat their wives. We need more laws that benefit women, from better custody arrangements that benefits the mother to child support and alimony payments. No man should be able to dispose of his wife like he is getting rid of an old wash rag. and more importantly no man should have the power to take his children from his wife or forbid her from seeing them. Its time these overgrown babies y’all call “husbands” with egos the size of TX are held responsible for their bad behaviors, and Its about time we get laws enacted that hit them where it hurts; their pockets. It will definitely curb these men’s excesses, help women stay afloat if push comes to shove and they have to leave a horrible situation and give the kids a softer landing.

• Lady on Top

June 7, 2017 at 12:12 am

Well said!

24. liroooo

June 6, 2017 at 11:36 am

wowww…..some people dont know jezzz escapism is super real…..dey get jealous cus u r bubblingly ad cheerful they dont know the struggle…….real talk no matter your situation never let it define you…..i cried i am crying ….Madam Remi loads of hugs wooowwww!!!!!!!! women we just have 2 be strong…..find ur inner strength #godbless

25. lulu

June 6, 2017 at 11:40 am

Amazing story and I remember checking Remi on IG and I loved her feed now I see so much more from her and this part resonates with me so strongly Don’t let your situation where you are affect who you are because you never know who you are going to affect with a comment or with what you are doing. We never really know whose life we are changing by been who we are irregardless of our challenges. This video will definately be on my bookmark list.

26. DAME

June 6, 2017 at 11:41 am

Kemi…God bless the day you thought of these series and how you have carefully selected women who are true …every week…i think i have heard what applies to me…but each week gets better…the lessons seem to be tailored to only me…sigh…

i can only sigh and take the notes i have written down…life nuggets.

see you next monday Kemi

• Osa

June 6, 2017 at 1:27 pm

It appears she got the idea from oprah’s master class on tlc. But . . hey what do i know. Kemi is doing a brilliant job

27. yummymummycumchick

June 6, 2017 at 2:47 pm

wow…….. wow ! m just speechless but i v really learn.

28. Oma

June 6, 2017 at 7:39 pm

This is a life changing video for every young and determined lady out there! Thank you for sharing. I could relate with her story. I am still in tears….

29. Pamela

June 7, 2017 at 9:24 am

This is such a touching, life changing and an inspiring story. I cried because i could relate and it resonates this strength in me. Kudos to your energy and inner strength. I have learnt so much and i can’t wait to see the part 2. God bless you Remi and thank you Kemi for this platform “king women “

30. Victoria Bassey

June 7, 2017 at 10:25 am

God bless her I love everything about her success story and journey @remifagbohun I love u momma

31. opemipo

June 7, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Too powerful….against ALL odds she never gave up! wow!! cant wait for the 2nd part.

32. Olly

June 7, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Soooo inspiring. Omg – thank you so much for sharing?

33. Halle

June 7, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Tough Girl like me wept silly…. Chai
    This video is encouragement for days… Mehn! Just went I was feel low about my happy go luck personality, Remi just reminded me to be the best version of me! No apologies!
    Her zeal is for days… too many lessons…too many

34. Miss Anonymous

June 7, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Very small world….I know some of the people she mentioned.
    Thanks for sharing your story Remi….very inspiring. You are really a king woman!

35. Mstilii

June 12, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Remi as you can see from the comments your story really moved a lot of people. Now am wondering if in the near future you’ll ever consider having kemi adetiba make this into your biographical movie. These are the types of story lines we wish to see on our screens. Just a thought. There are huge morals to learnt by millions from your story (kinda like we learn about forgivesness in a Tyler perry movie)

Ps: above all i am glad you forgave. You are blessed and thanks for telling your story. I will never forget it. I have passed it on to all my friends to take time to watch and learn

MsTilii