Music

Jada Pinkett Smith reveals she used to be a Drug Dealer

BellaNaija.com

Jada Pinkette Smith reveals she used to be a Drug Dealer

Jada Pinkette Smith

Jada Pinkett Smith has revealed in an interview with “Sway in the Morning,” that she met late best friend Tupac Shakur when she was a drug dealer.

The actress said she thought it was necessary to disclose this to clear the air on people’s perception of her relationship with the late rapper.

According to Abc News, she told Sway that at that time, she was “coming out of that life” and he was “getting more into the life.”

She said:

It’s kinda hard because I haven’t really told the whole story. One of the things that’s very interesting that I’ve never really said before is that when I first met Pac, when we first met, I was a drug dealer. Yes.

There was a point in which we met and then we kind of were going our separate ways. And I just felt like, ‘OK God, one day you’re going to do for Pac what you did for me, which is you saved me. And that just never happened for him.

And so that is something that I am constantly having to confront,” she said. “I know that most people wanna always connect us in this romance thing, but that’s just because they don’t have the story.

But it was based in survival, how we held each other down, you know what I’m saying? And when we have somebody that has your back when you feel like you’re nothing, that’s everything.

Jada Pinkett Smith had earlier criticized the Tupac biopic “All Eyez on Me on its portrayal of her relationship with the actor, calling the movie out for its inaccuracies.

She said this was why it was necessary to provide more insight on who they were and what their relationship wasn’t about. She added:

I just decided that one little piece was important to share finally because it gives more insight to who we were that it wasn’t just about,

‘You have this cute girl and this cool guy they must have been in this [romance]!’ Nah. It wasn’t that at all.

It was about survival and it’s always been about survival between us, you know what I’m saying? And holding each other down in ways that he and I could hold each other down.

1. Ema

July 20, 2017 at 3:01 pm

See as bella naija take spell “Pinkett”.
    After they will be forming tushest blog in town . Madam prim and proper. No hair out of place. Delete negative comments. Mtchewww. Rubbish!

• madman

July 20, 2017 at 9:09 pm

You tell no LIE. BellaNaija is uber, uber dry now. No teas and no form of engagement as all the comments are being deleted. That’s part of why NGL (Naijagistlive) thrived. I wish they would come back. NGL gave them a run for their money.

2. Never ending story

July 20, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Jada, Tupac is dead and gone. I don’t understand your need to explain that there was no romance. Nobody is asking and if there was a romance who cares. More pressing is what the heck you have done to your face that makes you look like a cheekbone.

3. C

July 20, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Brah SET IT Off!!! Just legit became an even more dope badass movie now. But ole girl ain’t fooling nobody she know her and PAC were feeling each other 😀

4. Jaji N

July 20, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Okrohoooo envy will not kill people oooo. Nigerians and their bile. Just because of misspelling eh… Wash d bad belle my friend wash am well.

5. madman

July 20, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Linda’s blog is DEAD too…. StellaDimokoko and Nairaland are still the hotspots.

• missnk

July 21, 2017 at 12:07 am

I used to visit stella’s blog daily till she put up a post about a Nigerian pastor that was arrested in America for raping 2 sisters aged 12 and 14 and she wrote that she hopes it’s not a set up. I couldn’t understand how much of a rape apologist she was and that was the end for me.