Comedy

This Twitter User’s “20 Suggestions for Driving in Lagos” are a Must Read!

BellaNaija.com

A Twitter user shared a hilarious compilation of “20 Suggestions for driving in Lagos” and the tweet has been trending… we just had to share.

Note: We are in no way endorsing these suggestions. This is purely for comic relief.

1. Abi

July 7, 2017 at 9:05 pm

This was very funny ? ??

• EMA

July 7, 2017 at 10:58 pm

Ive laughed taya. Especially at the g-wagon joke. They were all funny

• Mz Socially Awkward.....

July 8, 2017 at 11:15 am

That G-wagon rule ehnnnn….. I cried out loud with laff, this early morning. ???

No be small “you’ve been paying tithes” ??

Oh my days. This guide is fully kwarrect on all points.

2. Fabulous

July 7, 2017 at 9:24 pm

? very funny

3. Delta geh

July 7, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Hahahaha! I love this. Was thinking of making my own list cos I just moved back home. Driving here is extremely different. I can relate to everything here except for hitting someone. I always pray I don’t hit anyone and thank God so far so good. Lol and you have to learn how to chook nose in front of other cars if you want to change lanes when there’s traffic or else you’ll just sleep there.
    Also the spacing between cars! Don’t even get me started on that one! Too small. I’m always scared I’ll scratch someone so I’m scared to move sometimes in traffic or even change lanes. I guess I’ll get used to it. Ko easy rara but Oluwa is involved.
    Another one to add is that especially on small roads, the last lane isn’t for you. It’s for the kekes

• Mz Socially Awkward.....

July 8, 2017 at 11:23 am

@Ajala & Foodie (Nne, how far?) and @wsb, but that rule no be only for Naija use oh. Even here in the U.K. I often find myself repeating it out loud on the road.

Na the people wey dey drive straight through a pedestrian crossing, when the traffic light for vehicles has turned red? Or the ones on the outside lane at a roundabout who fully intend to drive all the way “around the roundabout” and get off at its 3rd or 4th exit??

What my eyes have seen and OlowoGboboro has helped my car from either hitting or being hit by ??

4. Ajala & Foodie

July 7, 2017 at 10:07 pm

#2, was one my dad hammered into our heads even before we started driving. ” Drive like everyone else on the road is mad” is my dad’s driving mantra for driving in Nigeria.

• Wsb

July 8, 2017 at 8:34 am

My dad too! He always says assume you are the only sane person on the roads. Works for me

• Mawi

July 8, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Lol… A church member of ours is a FRSC top official and he decided to give a few safety pointers during a church service. His first point was “assume every motorist is mad. Never expect any sanity or common sense from anybody..”

5. Debby

July 7, 2017 at 10:32 pm

This is high-larious!

6. Hotchick

July 8, 2017 at 1:04 am

I can relate.. totally! Delta geh, true talk re spacing. I’m terrified of driving in Lagos and when I do, I turn into a beast. I scarcely recognize me. I once parked on the left lane of one small street, turned off my engine and sat in my 2017 Mercedes aka 2003 Camry (don’t hate pls!). Why? In my small ” you can’t drag the road with me mind,” the motorist on the right lane was trying to run me off the street. I mean, they had enough space to maneuver without me hugging what was left of the road. Did they? Honestly, now I don’t know. I just sat there with windows all rolled up until the other motorist broke the impasse. Do I recommend such behavior? No! I’m very ashamed of myself!

7. Uche Cei

July 8, 2017 at 8:19 am

Point number 9- you forgot ‘we ere’?