Scoop

My son has gone to be with Jesus – Eucharia Anunobi confirms Passing of Only Child

BellaNaija.com

My son has gone to be with Jesus - Eucharia Anunobi confirms Passing of Only Child - BellaNaija

Eucharia Anunobi

Veteran Nollywood actress Eucharia Anunobi has confirmed news that she lost her teenage child, Raymond, to sickle cell anemia.

Speaking to NetNG on the phone, the actress said her son had passed to be with Jesus. She said:

My son has gone to our place of origin (heaven) to be with our daddy Jesus, waiting for me when I eventually go there at the fullness of time.

Raymond had been battling with sickle cell anemia, and finally passed at the age of 15.

Asked about how she felt, the evangelist said: “God knows best.”

1. Canim

August 24, 2017 at 10:05 am

Lord have mercy,so sorry for your lost.

• nd babe

August 24, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Oh, this is a tragic blow. May GOd console you!!

2. keke driver

August 24, 2017 at 10:32 am

It is well…… May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

3. nene+

August 24, 2017 at 10:35 am

This is heart breaking. Sorry Eucharia. May God give you the strength you need. RIP Raymond.

4. Rachel

August 24, 2017 at 10:38 am

May God comfort her. No one should have to bury their child. So sad, but God’s will be done.

5. Mary

August 24, 2017 at 10:44 am

Accept our heart felt condolence Ma’am, May his soul rest on, and may God console you and your family.

6. amy

August 24, 2017 at 10:52 am

Oh, so sad. May his soul rest in peace. The Lord is your strength.

7. Anna

August 24, 2017 at 11:06 am

RIP Raymond take heart God knows best just as you have said..it I well

8. NN

August 24, 2017 at 11:07 am

‘God Knows Best” Chukwuma! May God comfort you in the time of afflictions……….

9. Asa

August 24, 2017 at 11:24 am

“Asked how she felt….” Mehn! Nigerian journalists una matter tire me. How do you ask a woman who has lost her only child how she feels? Do you want her to confirm her sadness or tell you she is happy? I tire o.

May God comfort her and remove journalists who may ask insensitive questions. I hope she heals form the pain.

10. pinkie

August 24, 2017 at 12:04 pm

awww!! breaks my heart. I lost a very dear one August 10th,2017. it breaks my heart still.
    sickle cell anemia sucks!!
    May God grant Raymond eternal rest.
    Keep resting Oke.O.
    I miss you everyday.

11. Ozyy

August 24, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Oh my.. I’m sorry for your loss. May GOD strengthen you.

12. Puzzles

August 24, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I remember when I and my classmates saw her and her baby when he was a few months old when we were going home from secondary school. She was so friendly, smiled at us, responded to our greeting and her baby was smiling happily. That incident totally changed my mindset about her because I expected her to be like the characters she usually portrays in movies.

Chai! That little baby I saw that day is gone. This is so sad.

13. Rhythm

August 24, 2017 at 1:07 pm

This is too sad! May God comfort you the way only He can. Rest in peace Raymond.

14. Della Russel

August 24, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Very difficult moments. I share her pain. I pray God give her strength to shoulder on.

15. zino

August 24, 2017 at 1:55 pm

God knows best.

16. Unicorn

August 24, 2017 at 2:05 pm

God strengthen you! Be comforted. It is well with your soul.

17. Ayo

August 24, 2017 at 2:47 pm

May the Lord comfort you Eucharia. Great loss

18. LemmeRant

August 24, 2017 at 3:34 pm

So sorry for your loss.

No parent should have to bear this. May God keep and heal you.

19. Wow

August 24, 2017 at 3:38 pm

I know you want to market your business but this is a very distasteful and inappropriate plug on a post like this. Why would anyone want to call your business if you’re so insensitive? Think about it….

20. Wow

August 24, 2017 at 3:39 pm

21. NG

August 24, 2017 at 3:58 pm

So sorry madam, so so sorry. The sun will yet shine, you will smile and laugh again. Life bestowed strength in you for a time like this. Reach within and draw on that strength and comfort. God is with you.

22. josdaily

August 24, 2017 at 6:29 pm

May his soul rest in peace. Hang tough mum Jesus is with you. Peace

23. AVI

August 24, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Eucharia, so so sorry you had to bury your baby. It should not have been so. Indeed God knows best and He will comfort you and sooth your pain.

24. Summer

August 24, 2017 at 9:42 pm

??

25. nnenne

August 24, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Accept my heart felt sympathy, ma’am!

26. Dr Ovadje

August 25, 2017 at 3:22 am

Sorry for the loss Eucharist. Children are very dear to mothers. The loss of a son and any dear person can be devastatiing. It robs one of physical and emotional strength. Only God can restore you to your “pre-grief” stage. Many have gone through this and came out of it , they took the Job pathway. I lost my first son years ago. I and my wife thought we will never come out of it. We turned to God and God made the difference. I lost my Surgeon wife twelve years ago. God healed my grief. God will heal you and replenish you. May his soul Rest In Peace, Amen.

27. .letty

August 25, 2017 at 12:35 pm

Just way too sad and tragic and I believe he was her only child. Carefree sweet ukay my sister’s classmate in university of Nigeria. Sickle cell is hideous. I wish he were abroad they would have taken good care of him.

28. Iydy

August 25, 2017 at 1:34 pm

My deepest condolences Ma’am. So sorry about this.

29. Mrs M

August 26, 2017 at 8:33 am

When I see posts like this I wonder how come the mothers are not in strait jackets,having interesting conversations with walls
    If I lose Munachi… Oh dear God
    R.I.P Raymond
    Dear Eucharia I’m happy you have such a positive outlook… May God keep you strong in these trying times, I know how much you loved that boy but his purpose in your life and on earth has been fulfilled. He brought you closer to Jesus,he made you realize how strong you really are and I thank God everyday for that… Don’t worry he is in a happy place now
    Its not easy but that same God that gave him to you will give you the strength you need to bear this
    We love you so much Eucharia and we are here for you
    Muah

30. Ak

August 27, 2017 at 6:39 am

So so sorry. It’s not easy, but I know the good Lord will give you the fortitude to bear this.

31. Ada

August 28, 2017 at 1:42 pm

God strengthen you, be comforted. It is well with your soul.

32. Idomagirl