Scoop

#TMTheActor! Toke Makinwa gives Acting a Shot

BellaNaija.com

Toke Makinwa, BN TV

Looks like Media Personality and best-selling author Toke Makinwa is adding another feather to her cap as she takes on Nollywood.

The author shared a post on her Instagram page announcing she’s pursuing a career in acting as she starts shooting a major role in a feature film tomorrow.

She wrote:

So I’m going to be in a movie ? guys ???? no be waka pass o ??? “I’ve had a few cameos here and there in the past and I have a lot of respect for actors and film makers0. #Issabigdeal.

A major production coming your way soon and filming starts tomorrow morning. I feel extremely blessed and highly lifted? so overwhelmed with Gods goodness. This year has been soooooo busy and fulfilling guys, God has really opened doors for me and my prayer for everyone out there is that God brings you into your season too. Don’t give up, don’t lose hope too. You are closer than you know ❤️

Who knows, she may be the next movie star out of Nigeria!

See photo:

1. person

August 23, 2017 at 1:46 am

Goodluck girl but dont mess it up with the accent.

• Miss Me With The BS & Bad Belle

August 23, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Goodluck Toke. Haters plenty for here shaa. See dem below and above. Wasting Data Toke smiling to the bank. Your Genevieve how many acting classes? Rabiiiiish.

2. John Doe

August 23, 2017 at 6:49 am

But hasn’t she been acting all her life? Next pls

• peter

August 23, 2017 at 10:02 am

Exactly….Toke that is a born actress…LMAO…Insiders knows

3. ec

August 23, 2017 at 6:59 am

BN will run every damn story relating to TM lmao.

4. FinchleysFinest

August 23, 2017 at 10:11 am

JOHN DOE…. you are wicked…. y so HARTCH (Harsh) hahahah

5. momo

August 23, 2017 at 10:17 am

toke the mogul….she works hard …well done

6. Miss Anthonia

August 23, 2017 at 10:23 am

I can’t hate her hustle.Babe keep moving forward

P. S:I need a side hustle for the weekend (all my weekend) Please call this number 08107263509 for your Voice Over Acting Jobs and Ushering jobs.Runs agents keep off.

7. b

August 23, 2017 at 10:47 am

Although she has being acting for so long in real life, I doubt she will make a good actress because she seems like one who will want to impress the audience and end up over acting.
    The best actresses are the ones who are never fearless about being real in the act, whatever it takes.

Funke akindele and Genevieve for instance never wake up with makeup on their faces thinking we wont notice or wear high heel in the kitchen while cooking.

8. Kam

August 23, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Where are all those food eaters..?! Lol … I hope you all aren’t stuck in your toilets from running stomachs..? Lol… Toke is having the last laugh.. She’s having giant meals in front of you all.. God has prepared her table in your presence..see how she’s shining despite your ‘haterations’? You bullies!Food for thought: Live ur lives n allow others to live theirs the way they want..peace!

9. Xplorenollywood.com

August 23, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Hmmmm…multiple sources is not a bad idea! Its just, and i say just,if you want to do something, why not do it right? Acting classes. Dont know if she has done them, if she has good, but don’t just do it cos its the next available stream. My 2 cents

10. Sunshiney

August 23, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Well, I’m certain she’ll do better than some of the current crop of Nigerian “actors”.

I started watching Naija films about 13 years ago, and I must admit to missing some of the old crop of actors because many of the new actors are horrible, the production quality has definitely improved but the storylines and the actors have not… I hope Toke will do the right thing and practice and study the art form if she intends to stick with this. More power to her!!!