Scoop

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie distances self from pro-Biafra Comments

BellaNaija.com

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie distances self from pro-Biafra Comments - BellaNaija

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Acclaimed author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has refuted claims that she said she’s “Biafran and nothing else.”

The writer shared a post on Facebook, with a photo of the headline apparently ascribed to her, with the caption:

This headline below, and other similar headlines, which appeared on some websites: are false. They are completely invented; along with some accompanying quotes which have been attributed to me. I did not say or write those words.
-CNA

See the post below:

1. Elle

September 4, 2017 at 5:59 pm

People are evil o. Why fabricate words and ascribe it to someone else, na WA o. Like I’m an Adichie fan and if she were to be supportive of the probiafran delusional group, I would stop listening to her. Glad she dissociated herself from their madness. Nnamdi kanu seriously needs help. That’s my opinion!!

• agu

September 4, 2017 at 11:54 pm

I am with you 100% i thank God. because this Nnamdi Kalu think he is speaking for 95% of igbo people. all this guys abroad push and support him ones war start in Nigeria none of them will buy plane ticket and comeback to Nigeria and fight.

2. Bolaji

September 4, 2017 at 6:43 pm

All of these borders that we are stressing ourselves over were actually put there by colonial masters. Move on people. Move on. And talk sense.

3. Bowl

September 4, 2017 at 8:52 pm

@Elle, delusional group , you say

4. Bowl

September 4, 2017 at 8:55 pm

And I think I have met a superior superiority complex. Directed at Elle.

5. chi

September 4, 2017 at 10:07 pm

@elle i would take those delusional group over the zoo and the suffering and smiling monkeys living in it..yes ..biafra wont be perfect but it won’t be as bad as the zoo..that I am sure of..so continue being a slave ..ure children will continue from you suffering and smiling and shouting one nigeria and maybe change..the circle continues..but as for me and my family the land of the rising sun is calling

6. chiomaco

September 4, 2017 at 10:56 pm

Better oooo my sister.

7. Author Unknown

September 4, 2017 at 11:50 pm

Those might not be her words, but is she saying that she’s not pro-Biafra though?

8. C

September 5, 2017 at 2:12 am

She is Biafran wtf so she can say she Niger-ian which oyibo people just gave to us but not a Biafran? an ancient Igbo name for our river borders. She even American and English she anything and everything she wants to be. Most importantly she a decent HUMAN BEING. Idk about war or partisan or whatever but I’m tired of people acting like my language and history a curse word.

• Wale Vintage

September 5, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Please write in Igbo language so at least I can do a google translation. I don’t understand your English .