Scoop

“Women intimidate men a lot” – Nollywood actor Emeka Enyiocha

BellaNaija.com

"Women intimidate men a lot" - Nollywood actor Emeka Enyiocha - BellaNaija

Emeka Enyiocha

Nollywood actor Emeka Enyiocha, speaking to Punch, has explained why men are quick to step away from talks about marriage.

The actor explained that a man who is without a job will feel intimidated by a woman who has one. He said:

Women intimidate men a lot.

When a girl with a proper job has everything you can think of and the young man is still looking for a job, what do you want him to do?

Even though he is a graduate, he still lives with his parents or a friend in a one-room apartment.

Once you don’t have money, you won’t have confidence. That is the honest truth. You should not be deceived by the notion that women don’t like money.

Enyiocha, who is thought to be a ladies man, a role he often played in movies, said he’s quite different when he’s not acting.

He said the image is a false one, and he was quite naïve when it came to women issues. He said:

I used to be naïve when it came to the issue of women. Maybe because of my sense of fashion and appearance, people thought I was a womanizer.

Most of the things my colleagues did then, I could not imagine myself doing them.

However, with time, I began to understand women and their needs, and I didn’t have problems with them.

I didn’t promise anyone marriage and later disappoint her. Even at the time I got married, I was not ready. You know you must be ready financially to get married to a woman from the eastern part of the country.

1. Ije

October 15, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Emeka,
    Your outfit intimidates me!

• bolaji

October 15, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Ije, i am ROTHFLMAO

• Sunshiney

October 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Why allyuh so??? LOL. Your statement almost made me get in trouble at work… too funny. Anyway, I miss seeing Emeka in movies, the new actors are so awful.

2. Jane

October 15, 2017 at 6:31 pm

And men are too insecure. But I am not surprised to hear you say that, I mean, look at your outfit.

3. californiabawlar

October 15, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Dayummmmmm!! Absolute zero chill from all of the above! I almost died when he bragged about his sense of fashion too though. Fashion faya!
    But let’s leave bros Mekus… he is just telling his own truth!
    Interestingly, I miss seeing him in Naija movies… never thought I’d ever say that.

• momo

October 16, 2017 at 10:09 am

embers you have been quiet ..why nah??

4. Letty

October 16, 2017 at 1:48 am

Great actor but what is he rambling about?

5. Mr Lawal

October 16, 2017 at 9:13 am

Speak for yourself dude! A hard working man with ideas and ambition knows it’s only a matter of time and he will not choose just any woman because she might not fit-in in the nearest future. Intimidated my foot, when Lola, Tania & Otedola’s daughter couldn’t intimidate Peter, Wizkid and Eazy.

6. Akpeno

October 16, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Someone once said… do not marry a man because he has “Potential” or you see him as “Ambitious” when you marry, marry him as is and you will never be disappointed.
    If you marry because you see ‘potential” and “ambition” well, whatever you see take it….

Truer words have never been spoken.

Emeka is right, most responsible men who want to be the provider and head of the house hold want to have what it takes to have those titles before they marry… and I don’t blame them one bit.
    The titles “Husband”, “Father”, “Head of household”, “Provider” are not just titles… there is a lot of responsibility and actions that earns one those titles.