Scoop

“The kind of man I want in my life has to be more successful than me” – Iyabo Ojo

Iyabo Ojo

In an exclusive chat with Punch, Nollywood actress Iyabo Ojo has said she is willing to remarry on the grounds that the person isn’t poor. The actress said at first she didn’t want to get married because of the stress involved but now, she has had a change of heart.

If marriage comes along, yes I will consider it. Then, I used to say that I didn’t want to get married again because of the stress involved. Now, I have had a rethink. But I can’t marry a poor man. Some people will say I shouldn’t say that, but I am a blunt person. For someone like me, there is no love without money. I am a celebrity and I am expected to maintain a certain lifestyle, which is expensive

Apart from being a celebrity, she also says that she has a lot of responsibilities, as she is a breadwinner. She adds that the man doesn’t have to be very rich but he should be able to at least feed them.

I have a lot of responsibilities. As a breadwinner and celebrity, how do you expect me to marry a poor man? Where do you expect us to start from? I am not ready to add any man’s problems to mine. I don’t need the man to be very rich, but he must be able to feed himself and me. You don’t even have to cater for my other responsibilities.

The actress also admits that she wants to be with someone who is more successful than she is and wouldn’t be scared or intimidated by her success.

The kind of man I want in my life has to be more successful than me. When I bought my personal assistant a car, people said I didn’t want her to marry. I told them that I don’t expect her to marry someone who does not have a car as well. You say what you want out of life; we shouldn’t deceive ourselves. It is a choice to die in poverty and I have chosen not to die in poverty. I cannot flow with someone who wants to die in poverty.

1. Tokunbo

October 15, 2017 at 1:53 pm

I agree with her 1000%. If you must marry please marry a man who has everything in order. You can’t spoon feed a grown man. You can have major delays accomplishing goals if you marry a man with no drive or ambition. You only have one life to live.

• le le

October 15, 2017 at 4:57 pm

havING your life together doesn’t mean he must be more successful than you!!!!!! Women!!!

2. seriously

October 15, 2017 at 7:56 pm

What is this persons IQ, 2??? So, she measures love by the size of a mans wallet which has to be bigger than hers. This is the reason ppl like her become a victim of 419 guys after marraige. Good luck to you by equating money with love.

3. Letty

October 16, 2017 at 2:10 am

Good luck to her don’t be surprised if she becomes wife number 2 or 3…or ends up with a very poor man she secretly feeds and maybe even beats her…Nigerian illiterate women and their big mouths.

• Abiola Makanjuola

October 20, 2017 at 6:33 pm

She is only stating what she wants and what is important to her. No need for the hate or the judgement. You can get what you want in your life as long as that is what YOU want.

• Abiola Makanjuola

October 20, 2017 at 6:54 pm

And Letty let me say this, you sit behind a computer and say things that are not friendly towards other people and their success. You are so quick to call people out and say things because of your decision to make inferences based on the stories you tell yourself. Girl, there is so much abundance and power to do anything you want when you make the choice. Sitting behind a computer and coming for other people isnt the way to go. Sounds to me like there is so much more going on here than you just sitting behind your computer and calling people out anonymously. Quit being an internet bully.

• Mary

November 15, 2017 at 10:47 am

Basically they don’t care about the number of wife they are….all I believe they care is money, not joy of marriage, affection or care.

4. Life is funny

October 17, 2017 at 8:05 pm

She makes the gist about her and Apostle whatshisname plausible…..

5. Asake

October 19, 2017 at 2:36 pm

I agree with her 100%. It is better to remain single than marry a poor guy. I can’t be working my ass out and one guy pretending to love me because of my money. Ishhh!! I can’t deal. At the end of the day, the love will disappear when the babe go broke. Guys be warmed! Ladies have gathered sense. What the fcuk is in marriage sef!! Husband wey go keep you home after 2years of marriage and start to chase another thing under skirt…..I can’t just deal. < toxic inlaws,< especially MOTHER INLAWS.