The global phenomenon, highly sought-after “secret”, Le Dîner en Blanc will take over one of Lagos’ prestigious venues on Thursday, December 14th, 2017 for “an extraordinary night in Eko”.
Launched in Paris 30 years ago by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, the pop-up feast has grown into an international epicurean sensation that now attracts over 10,000 people around the world in more than 80 cities and 30 countries each year. The principles fuelling this unique event are everlasting: guests gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends; over the course of the evening, guests experience one of their city’s open-air spaces by participating in the unexpected. In essence, Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance, and gallantry.
“The Lagosian social calendar is unlike anywhere else and we felt December is prime for this very different experience during the holiday season when party attendance is at its height by those that live in the city but also many returning home,” says T. Bernie, co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc – Lagos, a realtor between Lagos and the United States who hopes this inaugural edition is a success that will establish an anticipated, annual affair.
To stay true to the tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests of this très chic picnic must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- For this first edition, be invited via the hosts’ network or participating sponsors or get on waiting list via the official website: lagos.dinerenblanc.com/register.
- Once confirmed, participation and adherence to guidelines are mandatory.
- Dress elegantly and in white only. Originality and creativity encouraged as long as stylish and tasteful.
- Decorate with table setting in white only.
- The event is Champagne and Wine only. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- It is mandatory to pre-order alcohol, which can be picked up at the event, for those who want to enjoy champagne or wine. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through the e-store during the initial ticket registration.
- Meet at an assigned departure location to be escorted by Le Dîner en Blanc – Lagos volunteers to ensure that the location is kept secret until last minute.
- Leave with all belongings, leftovers, and litter in order for the location to be as clean as when arrived.
It’s mandatory for Guests to bring:
- A picnic basket comprising fine food, proper stemware and white only dinnerware and bag for litter.
- Glassware, no plastic is permitted, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- An option to pre-order food, which can be picked up at the event, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own food. -Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through the e-store during the initial ticket registration.
For full details on the rules and regulations, please visit lagos.dinerenblanc.com/about.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Lagos gratefully acknowledges Moët & Chandon and U Live and Universal Music Group as an official local partner of the inaugural edition of Le Dîner en Blanc.