News

Man threatening to Beat Woman Up in Eatery reportedly Fired from Job

Bodyguard threatening to Beat up Woman in Eatery reportedly Fired - BellaNaija

On Monday, a video made the rounds on social media showing a man threatening to beat up a woman in eatery.

The man, identified as Chidi, has been, according to a Twitter user @DoreenGLM, fired by his employer.

She wrote on her Twitter:

Update: My friend (a woman) recognized the man in this video, and messaged his employer( a man) to alert him of his behavior and how she is sure he would not approve of it. The employer says he has fired him.

Speaking to LIB, Chidi revealed that his employer was producer Don Jazzy, and he indeed has been fired.

Chidi, giving an account of what happened at the eatery, said he was sorry for his actions, and did not mean it when he threatened to beat her. He said:

I entered the eatery and parked my car. I ensured that I wasn’t blocking anyone before I went in to place my order.

While I was waiting to be attended to, the lady walked in, tapped me on my back and in a loud voice, asked me to go outside to properly park my car. She said why would I park my car like a thief. Her indirectly calling me a thief got me angry and that was why I spoke to her in that manner and called her unprintable names.

I never meant the threat of beating her. My mother raised me well never to beat a woman. When I was leaving the eatery, I was sad over the incident.

Photo Credit: chidimavin

1. mimi

November 28, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Uncle Agbaya….is she a mad woman that she will just walk up to u anyhow & tap u recklessly
    & even call u a thief? Liar liar, pant on fire!!
    He was obviously a bouncer!! Bounce along agbaya!!

• Retta

November 28, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Hahahaha…. LWKMD @ Bounce along Agbaya

• unadite

November 28, 2017 at 9:32 pm

I had a good laff at this. Bounce along…..

2. MsE

November 28, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Don Jazzy, well done! You did the right thing and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. OMG! That was someone’s wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister! He is an animal! What is he even saying? That same woman that was looking scared of him? He even kept repeating, ‘why you go beg me’? If she had called him a thief, he would definitely have said it when he was raging.

Even if she said it sef! Is that an excuse to forget you are a human being and act like an animal? Stupid Bombastic element! I’m so angry! He would have beaten up the lady if people weren’t around.

Thank you Don Jazzy! Thank you!!!!! I am so proud of you. He should not be associated with your brand in any way! You probably just saved a woman from violence from this man in the future because now he understands that actions equal consequences.

• Chinny

November 28, 2017 at 11:16 pm

“OMG! That was someone’s wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister! ”
      No no no no. She is. She just is. She is human. She is a woman. She has her own identity.
      Before being someone’s anything, she is. Before we define her by the roles she play, she is. And that is enough for her to be respected.

3. Ephi

November 28, 2017 at 2:45 pm

My people, this is the beauty of social media! Who would ever imagine this man with all his braggado can apologize and say ‘he is sorry for his actions’ (although we know he is not)? Him don gentle, hehehe.

4. Flow

November 28, 2017 at 2:47 pm

He lies! I know him very well, he’s a tout and a bully, I’ve seen him harass a married woman right in front of her husband, he’s talks anyhow and feel his association with don jazzy and his useless chest which are his greatest achievement is enough for him to misbehave. I’m glad justice was served, I’d further sue his ass if I were the woman.

• Bee

November 28, 2017 at 3:23 pm

imagine, he is harrassing people with his chest

• Udegbunam Chukwudi

November 28, 2017 at 4:08 pm

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

• Mrs chidukane

November 28, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Harassing people with chest lwkmd!

5. Ayo

November 28, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Proud of my country.

6. Loki

November 28, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Is this the guy? LMAO. No wonder people refrained from intervening. Fear of a broken neck is a real thing. He’s built like a line backer… He looks like he could break me in half if he hugged me. And he actually wanted to SLAP somebody?

7. David

November 28, 2017 at 2:55 pm

The depth of dispar that befell upon me after seeing that video… words can’t EXPRESS. I live for “little victories” like this in this country. Thanks to the guys who, probably powerless to help, recorded and posted the video. Thanks to all bloggers who carried and made the disheartening video viral. Thanks to his employer for taking action. May we keep naming and shaming abusers in our society. Thank you Bella for reporting this, you made my day…?

8. Maxie

November 28, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!!!

9. Bee

November 28, 2017 at 3:23 pm

serves the goat right, he thinks because he is physically built he can harrass anyone. if it was me knowing his identity now id sue him for threat to life, he said he will kill her, on top wetin? useless agbaya

10. hmmm

November 28, 2017 at 3:29 pm

He is harassing people with his biceps, Imagine if he is a governor..wetin he go do?

11. bruno

November 28, 2017 at 3:35 pm

so are we going to just ignore the woman calling him a thief. the woman verbally assaulted him first by calling him a thief. nigerian women are unnecessarily loud and uncultured. I don’t know why he is even apologising. the woman started it.

• Udegbunam Chukwudi

November 28, 2017 at 4:10 pm

I saw that part and started feeling less sorry for the woman (if na true) as I would have done the same cursing if I dey the guy shoes (minus threatening to panel beat her sha)

• Mrs chidukane

November 28, 2017 at 4:27 pm

He said she called him a thief. We didn’t hear that part. What we heard is ashawo, I go slap you, I will kill you. I sincerely doubt anyone in his right mind,male or female would dare call him that considering his size. I think he was angry that she tapped him.

• bruno

November 28, 2017 at 4:53 pm

how do u know the video that was released showed the full altercation that went down. I don’t believe someone will call a woman an ashawo with provocation. I hate bullies with all my heart but what I hate more is trouble makers. the woman started the name calling first. I know nigerian women, they have zero manners. They talk anyhow without filter.

• Mawi

November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm

So u believe that a person (man or woman) will look at this guy and his massive size and insult him? Like seriously?
      And if indeed she called him a thief, don’t u think he would have mentioned it during his rant?
      We didn’t hear her insult him, but we heard and saw him assault her. His Is just an allegation. How sure are u that he simply isn’t trying to save face?
      Again, who in their right mind would walk up to this hulk and look for trouble? Haba make u reason this thing na…

• Nelo

November 28, 2017 at 5:31 pm

that includes your mother and sisters. i am in my house, come and beat me.

• stacy_kema

November 28, 2017 at 6:51 pm

you are obviously senseless idiot.

12. adelegirl

November 28, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Obviously lying. How come he did not make reference to her calling him a thief during his tirade. He was more concerned with her walking like an “ashawo”]

Well done Don Jazzy for firing the bully

• Biker Chic

November 28, 2017 at 4:24 pm

How does one even walk like an ashawo??

13. bruno

November 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm

• stacy_kema

November 28, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Pls stop commenting. seems to me your the guy”s P.A. Mumu supporting evil. Your comment just dey vex me

14. Papacy

November 28, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Imagine a world where Karma is this swift…

• Eno Ebong

November 29, 2017 at 4:32 am

C

15. bruno

November 28, 2017 at 5:15 pm

nigerians I fear u people. no wonder the husband killer from ibadan was given only 7 years in prison. u people can not be critical in ur judgement. una dey look face before u pass judgement.
    nigerian women love insulting people. any small thing na insult. she called him a thief. she was judging him based on the way he looked (big body strong face) and he did the same by calling her an ashawo

besides she tapped him, why did she tap him. she couldn’t say “excuse me” instead she had to tap him. I hate people touching me. pls I have ears I can hear if u call me. ahe shouldn’t have touched him thats another provocation.

• Anonymous

November 28, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Usually you would let the security men handle such while you wait in your car. Dont be shocked if he ignored them all and she had to get involved. If he ignored her as well then maybe the tap was necessary. Please note the use of “if”.

• Engoz

November 28, 2017 at 6:32 pm

“nigerians I fear u people. no wonder the husband killer from ibadan was given only 7 years in prison.”

Dude, your ignorance is showing. The lady was convicted on manslaughter not murder. I know Nigerians don’t know the difference but they are two different things, hence the sentence. If it were murder it’s either a life sentence or a death sentence. Also, the prosecution failed to prove that the cause of the death was done intentionally. We can wail as much as we like on the internet and fight gender wars, but the law is reason, free from passion.

16. Anonymous

November 28, 2017 at 5:27 pm

If she called him thief then he can jolly well respond with no threat of physical assault. I dare say he parked in a provocative and irresponsible manner. Dont be shocked that even the security men would have tried to make him park well. But how dare anyone tell him what to do. And so maybe she was truly provoked to call him names. Now a certain neighbour who lives several houses down my street has made it his life mission to provoke me with the reckless and irresponsible way he parks. I dont understand how you will park your car outside a gate of a house you do not pay rent for, in a way that the legitimate occupants must constantly struggle and squeeze through the little space left to drive out every morning. He will leave the front of his house and every other available space and park in the same irresponsible manner as if his placenta is buried on that spot. The man at the gate has prevailed upon him severally to move forward a bit so that we can drive out easily but for where?
    Yesterday morning was worse. I ended up scratching my car all in an attempt to come out to work. And you can guess that I would have insulted him if he was there. I dropped a very nasty note in caps asking him to park with sense for the sake of neighbourhood peace. Now let anyone ask for his account of what happened. He will say she left a very nasty note on my windscreen. And some people will quickly judge not bothering to process the reason why I just singled him out as the recipient of the nasty note!

• Eno Ebong

November 29, 2017 at 4:28 am

I tell u…. Chaiii. E for sweet die

17. majek

November 28, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Anonymous November 28, 2017 at 5:27 pm …you are very funny!!!! lmsao @He will leave the front of his house and every other available space and park in the same irresponsible manner as if his placenta is buried on that spot…i feel u sis..

18. King bey

November 28, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Biko carry this your rant and throw inside the trash can

• Anonymous

November 28, 2017 at 7:05 pm

While typing I thought “what if my neigbour is reading this?” So you are actually here. I beg you please come and park like the retard that you are tonight. A ” pleasant” surprise awaits you.

19. wifematerial

November 28, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Social media thank you so much even if we don’t have anything going on in Nigeria we Social media that expose fools like him……………

20. Deedee

November 28, 2017 at 8:46 pm

I know Nigerian women yen yen yen. Do you know how many times I have been called ashawo without provoking anyone. He was very very wrong. He’s a shameless bully.

21. Frank

November 29, 2017 at 2:17 am

This a**wipe thinks just because he got muscles he can smell his own a**. Those muscles can get deflated real fast. You better go ask somebody. All these Nigerian men be acting like they are the s**t until you run up on some real n***a. “The Lion does not concern itself with opinions of the sheep”

22. OA

November 29, 2017 at 2:28 am

He shouldn’t worry, next time I am in Lagos, I will hire him as my P.A. and pay him a daily salary for my entire duration there. His uniform must be that wifebeater/singlet/vest so that he can scare all the other potential men bullies that attempt to bully me (even beat the ones that get out of hand sef). Bully jam bully, God nor go vex. He-he-he!

23. semesee

November 29, 2017 at 12:36 pm

please isn’t it illegal to say * I will kill you” ? The Woman should drag this excuse of a man through the courts!