Relationships

#MO18xForever! Makida Moka is getting Married to Beau Oliver

Model and actress Makida Moka is engaged to her beau Oliver Onyekweli!

Makida shared photos from her introduction on her Instagram page and also a sweet story on how they met.

According to the model, they met when she wanted to go on a day trip to Olumo rock last year and didn’t have anyone to go with, so she ended up going alone, and the rest, as they say, was history!

See photos!

One thing clear about the beautiful couple is that they love to travel, explore and have a thing for nature!

See more photos

Congrats to the couple!

Photo Credit: @TheMakidaMoka

1. King Bae

November 29, 2017 at 9:03 pm

So happy for my girl Makida, love wins!!!

2. Daezy

November 29, 2017 at 10:09 pm

I’m very happy for you Makida. I hope love finds me soon.

3. Helpless

November 30, 2017 at 12:11 am

I know this is not the most appropriate place to post what I’m about to. I’m 24 and have never had sex. I was taped by my boyfriend tonight. I don’t know what to do. Should I tell my parents. I know they may not believe me. I’m so confused. I haven’t taken a shower yet and he’s been calling me to apologise saying I should please not tell anyone. What if I get pregnant? Someone please help me.

• Concerned

November 30, 2017 at 7:58 am

Do you mean you were raped by your boyfriend? Please tell your parents. Also make sure they get you to a hospital to get checked. So sorry you had to go through that.

• Damilola

November 30, 2017 at 8:18 am

Do wat Abimbola Said quickly

• Hello helpless

November 30, 2017 at 8:45 am

Please call 08130320270 IMMEDIATELY or send this same message to [email protected]

DON’T PICK UP HIS CALLS OR TELL HIM WHERE YOU ARE. HE MAY TRY TO DO SOMETHING ELSE TO MAKE SURE YOU DON’T TALK.

DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH HIM, HE MAY MANIPULATE YOUR MIND AND PREVENT YOU FROM TALKING. HE CAN THREATEN TO HARM YOU OR MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY. CALL THAT NUMBER NOW, DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE

• Chynwa

November 30, 2017 at 8:50 am

Hey Helpless (u aren’t helpless)… I can imagine what you are going through- been in a similar situation. Take a shower first. Call the number Lagos state number and no! don’t make excuses for him. Then go check yourself out in a clinic to know how ‘bad’ the situation is. If you find that you are pregnant, don’t abort. If you are close to your mum, tell her (I will).

• NotFakeNews

November 30, 2017 at 9:00 am

@She, what was the reason for your judgemental victim blaming write-up? You must not be very educated. Do you realize that rape could happen to anyone? I hope your daughters never have to go through rape and become “soiled goods” as you put it. Rubbish troll.
      @Poster, please don’t let people like the poster above make you feel bad or any less valuable than you are. You are right to say you’ve never had sex because rape is not sex it is rape! It is not consensual nor something you wanted and is a crime! If you can, take plan B to prevent pregnancy asap and get a medical check up in a few weeks for Stds.
      Most importantly, dump your so called boyfriend. Just because he took your virginity by forceful rape does not mean he deserves any more of your time or body. You are young and still can have a full beautiful life ahead of you. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for a crime that was committed against you. You are a victim.

• adelegirl

November 30, 2017 at 9:02 am

First please go to the hospital, get yourself checked out. Then pls break up with the monster you call your boyfriend. This is the type that kills their wives. Then, it is up to you if you want to press charges against him or not. Though I must warn you that the Nigerian Police may not deal with your case as rape since it was your boyfriend that did it. Sorry, but that is just the unfortunate backward ignorant mentality of the average law enforcement officer in Nigeria. You may also choose to speak to a counsellor or a close and trusted friend or family. Wish you all the very best.

• Adunnie

November 30, 2017 at 9:31 am

Hi helpless. I am so sorry about what happened to you. I cannot even imagine how and what you are feeling right now.. Please call the number Abimbola suggested. Don’t take a shower just yet. I’m guessing they might probably have something called a rape kit in this Nigeria, and they may need to assess you and probably take some pictures especially if you want to press charges. I don’t really know how it works. You need to tell your parents or at least someone you can trust. Also you need to take those emergency pills just to prevent pregnancy today cos I think its most effective between 24-72hrs. It’s very very important. Please don’t make excuses for him. He has betrayed your trust. He did it once and he will probably do it again. You don’t need to take his calls. Please stay away from that monster. He is a monster and should be locked up. Don’t listen to anyone or voice telling you he didn’t mean to and you should let it go. You deserve justice and he deserves to rot in a cell. Also please don’t fall into depression. The Lord is your strength and he will give you the courage to fight this animal. You shall overcome this. Please call that number for sexual violence immediately.

• Papermoon

November 30, 2017 at 9:47 am

Don’t take a shower, go to the clinic and let then take a swab of your privates. Boys DNA will be there and that will help you prove your case easily if you want to pursue the case. It’s ok if such a thing happened to you. It’s not your fault. It’s all on him.

• o

November 30, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Please don’t shower. They may need to take a swab of your privates. You need to get to the hospital immediately after reporting. There are drugs you can be given to prevent you from getting HIV or STD should he be a carrier. I hope you find the strength to report and fight this to the end.

• Confuzzled

November 30, 2017 at 1:35 pm

You should look for those morning after pills to take, if you don’t want to get pregnant.

• abby

November 30, 2017 at 2:36 pm

@Helpless please tell!!!!! tell whoever you are closest to. He will do it again to someone else..I know its not easy but please tell!

4. Miks baby

November 30, 2017 at 3:16 am

He cute and he fine too! You go girl

5. Abimbola

November 30, 2017 at 8:12 am

Hi helpless,
    First off , you’re not helpless … you have a whole lot of help at your disposal . Lagos state has this line *6820# for immediate help on sexual violence.
    It doesn’t matter that he’s your boyfriend , do not try to start making excuses for him , please, There must be a lot going through your head but don’t panic. Please I beg you , call the no as soon as you can .

6. adelegirl

November 30, 2017 at 9:03 am

Congratulations Makida Moka (aka Nurse Shola on Battleground – finally you can leave Dr Emeka and Teni alone). Mr O looks like a prime specimen of Nigerian man. Wish you two many long years of happiness and bliss!

7. Rossypetite

November 30, 2017 at 10:35 am

@helpless..i agree with @papermoon. dont take your bath. go to the hospital for checks and swaps. keep all your undies and clothing you had on when it happened. then proceed to the police station to make a report. you will surely need the support of family members or someone you feel comfortable to confide in.

8. Rossypetite

November 30, 2017 at 10:36 am

congratulations to the couple. may God bless their union

9. Helpless

November 30, 2017 at 10:46 am

Thanks everyone. I’m still so confused. I told my sister. I took a shower early this morning but took a swab of myself just in case. If I go to the police station I don’t think anyone would believe me since I was dating him. His defence was that I didn’t say no convincingly enough and so he thought I wanted it. He knew fully well that I was waiting till marriage to have sex and he agreed to wait with me. Does anyone know of any medication I can take so I don’t get pregnant. I’m too scared to go to the family hospital so the doctor doesn’t tell my parents. I’ve cried so much and I don’t even know what to do again

• Ngobeke

November 30, 2017 at 11:06 am

Get Postinor 2 from the nearest Pharmacy.

• Wunmi

November 30, 2017 at 11:18 am

Were u actually raped?did u struggle with him or scream or put up any form of defence?Are there marks on ur body that shows forcefull penetration?
      Im asking all of these because you know how our police officers are?they may not believe you since you are dating him and they may want to embarrass you more by asking you stupid questions.so sorry about it

• uche unigwe

June 29, 2018 at 7:43 pm

OK. First things first. NO means NO. It doesn’t matter how subtle the NO was said or even if she WHISPERED IT ONCE. Because she did not struggle or scream or “put up a fight” does NOT make it less of a rape situation.

Secondly, Nigerian police officers are clueless and completely ignorant bunch of fellows so they do not know better. Because of the society we live in, I’d strongly advise her to seek help from an NGO that fights for victims of rape and NOT the Police yet. The NGO can then help her build her case and give it more credibility before involving the Police.

• Mz_Danielz

November 30, 2017 at 11:46 am

Nne you’re talking of pregnancy, HIV Nko. Please hi to the latest teaching hospital, they’ll give you pills and PEP to prevent pregnancy and HIV respectively.

My prayers are with you. May beauty be borne out of this.

• mimi

November 30, 2017 at 11:50 am

Get to a pharmacy immediately & they will recommend a pill for you to take to avoid pregnancy. Stand up from there & do this NOW!!! Time is ticking!!

10. chi

November 30, 2017 at 11:15 am

Congratulations Makida! am so happy for u…n for u helpless, u’re just a hater that came to take the shine off makida’s moment buh d devil is a liar. am so happy for u makida! God bless ur marriage. had I known of this event, i wld have gone oooo

• Hadassah

November 30, 2017 at 11:29 am

Who is this one, are u okay, didn’t u read that she knows this is not the right place bit she needs help, some of y’all are just terrible honestly. Helpless I feel you should just take the postinor 2 and break up with that monster of a bf.if you want to report him to the authorities u can but it ain’t gonna be easy, you will be fine babe, be ready to fight,but most importantly move on, you will find someone that will cherish you. Stay strong babe, we are all rooting for u

• Chu

November 30, 2017 at 2:49 pm

YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON

• John Doe

November 30, 2017 at 3:41 pm

is it the same selfish, longerthroat makida that cheated on her boyfriend and dumped him for the Canadian guy, all because her boyfriend refused to go to Olumo rock with her?
      @Chi, you’re a monster, and i pity your friends, and people around you. You’re an evil human being that must be avoided in real life. Is it so difficult for you to congratulate your makida and keep it moving?

@Helpless, you’re not helpless. It’s good someone you can confide in (your sister) now knows about it. i believe you should notify the authorities next, then pay the hospital a visit. do not waste time in doing any of these. God be with you.

11. Mamamia

November 30, 2017 at 11:39 am

Congrats Makida. U are beautiful, learnt she was also vying for Adesuwa’s role in wedding party… she would have made a wonderful bride as well…

12. OJ

November 30, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Wait ooo….is this the same chic that cheated and dumped her ex becos he didnt follow her to olumo rock…goshhh, this new guy berra watch out

13. Pinkie

December 4, 2017 at 8:08 am

@ Helpless, don’t blame yourself. See a doctor. Now. Worry about your parents hearing later. I won’t recommend postinor – I still got pregnant after taking it. See a doctor. You will be fine.