Scoop

Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie strikes a Pose with Nieces Behind her Project #WearNigerian

BellaNaija.com

Ever since Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie kicked off her project #WearNigerian, we have come to know and love the stylish side of the author.

Have you ever wondered who runs her Instagram page? Wonder no more as she has shared a photo with her nieces Kamsi, Chisom and Amaka who are the brains and beauties behind the #WearNigerian campaign

She captioned the photo:

My brilliant, kind, funny, lovely nieces who select and post my Project Wear Nigerian photos here, 16-year-old Kamsi and 20-year-old twins Chisom and Amaka.
And me feeling seriously among.
Photographed by Tunrayo in Lagos.

On Chisom: trousers by Amarelis
On Kamsi: trousers by Nuraniya
On Chimamanda: outfit by She’s Deluxe
On Amaka: outfit by Ndidiamaka Elile
@amarelisatelier
@nuraniyastudios
@Sheisdeluxe
#MadeinNigeria

See more photos:

1. Chike

December 29, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Beautiful

2. Bruno

December 29, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Oh boy these girls look old oh. The clothes are aging them badly.

3. John Matilda

December 29, 2017 at 10:53 pm

The yellow trouser needs ironing, seriously. For the girls, they look way older than 20 and 16.

4. Big Tee

December 29, 2017 at 11:40 pm

I like the babe in green pants, she is lovely, she is beautiful, she is kind, she is generous, she is BAE…….

• Red

December 30, 2017 at 12:44 am

…she is 16lll! Keep walking osiso!

• Bolaji

December 30, 2017 at 3:47 pm

@Red and Lucinda, Big Tee could be a woman.

5. Big Tee

December 29, 2017 at 11:42 pm

I love the other babes too, but babe in green has stolen my heart, building a tent on her instagram TL as from now on…

• Lucinda

December 30, 2017 at 8:51 am

Apostle must hear about this…Omo sixteen years you will end up in McDonald’s. How

6. 'Deola

December 29, 2017 at 11:45 pm

Y

7. 'Deola

December 30, 2017 at 12:13 am

Family first ! Chimamanda has great family values. I love that. I also admire how she is keeping it in the family and helping to support her nieces. It is really great to see how she is using her platform to further the business and ‘political” experiences of her nieces. I guess this would prepare them for their own career paths.

8. Tasmea

December 30, 2017 at 12:24 am

Chimamanda looks younger than they look and to think she is double her age. These young women need to chill and take it easy with the growing up!

• Tasmea

December 30, 2017 at 12:25 am

*their ages*

9. Me

December 30, 2017 at 2:20 am

Initially i thought the lady on yellow trousers was chimamanda the resemblance is very strong.

• Corolla

January 1, 2018 at 5:48 am

“On yellow trouser”. Is she standing on the trouser ni?

10. Ec

December 30, 2017 at 7:21 am

They all look great. 16 years old of today look older that’s just how it is. Then add make up and hair.
    I love the outfits as well

11. northern lights

December 30, 2017 at 8:16 am

Those girls have the coolest aunty in the world…aside from my nieces and nephew that is!..**wink*wink*

12. Mz_Danielz

December 30, 2017 at 9:43 am

How do I say this without sounding like a hater.

None of the clothes fit these girls.

We need to teach our daughters that rather than following trends, great fashion comes from loving and understanding their bodies and personalities and wearing clothes that allow them shine forth.

Me I don’t like what they’re wearing oh but I applaud aunty Chimamanda for what she’s doing for her nieces.

13. Bolaji

December 30, 2017 at 3:48 pm

What about make up from Nigeria. You are on Project #wearnigeria with British boots on your face?

14. Bolaji

December 30, 2017 at 3:48 pm

By the way, which two are twins?

• Californiabawlar

December 30, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Are you asking me or the baby on my back?

• Trinitee

December 31, 2017 at 9:52 am

@California Bawler My Shest!!! L.M.A.O

15. oby

December 30, 2017 at 5:17 pm

These are what healthy, emancipated, cluedup young ladies look like. Please stop comparing them to the emaciated, carb loaded,clueless, no original idea (cept its copied verbatim of instagram) common sense range of a tiny teaspoon, looking for a man to save them, oppressed bushitas from your village.

• tobi

December 31, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Loooool. Harsh but true.

16. Miss B

December 30, 2017 at 10:27 pm

@Californiabawlar, loooooooooool…

17. anon

December 30, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Looks like a photo shoot for Drum magazine those finnnee melanin black power sistas?. But at last no ass or orisiris klevage on display plus no eye brows on flick, so of cause my people will not/ cannot appreciate. Loool we like simple tings in nigeria , no high fasaion tings looool.

• oby

December 31, 2017 at 5:43 am

Looool yes o !

18. Letty

December 31, 2017 at 1:18 am

Chimamanda actually looks younger than her nieces. They look way older than they are. Maybe it’s the makeup. Young ladies should deal gently with makeup and allow their young tender skins breathe and stay fresh. Makeup is literally an enemy to the skin.

19. Bolaji

December 31, 2017 at 2:02 am

Californiabawlar you, baby on ya back, guy on your stick, anyone of you can answer as long as i get an answer, Bella did not post my original post as I called ‘stick’ something else. So editing for sucess! #deuces

• Californiabawlar

December 31, 2017 at 7:20 am

….AND you still make zero sense.
      **success

• Temi

January 1, 2018 at 10:45 am

Dont think Californiabawler reads yet!

20. kina

December 31, 2017 at 5:55 am

These girls look old? How!!!!!!?. They just look powerful the sort not to be messed with. Honestly the way some women dress you can never really take them seriously. I love the yellow outfit and darling looks harvard style uber cute in that green and black assemble. I see chidi is setting the right example for her nieces. Its refreshing to see intelligent style NOT inspired by the Ghetto kadashians.

• Trinitee

December 31, 2017 at 9:54 am

Guess what? You can actually applaud one woman’s efforts (or women) without denigrating those of others. It’s possible, Trust me.

• Mz_Danielz

December 31, 2017 at 10:02 am

Nne, not to argue with you oh but sex appeal doesn’t reduce your intelligence or power in anyway.
      Dressing to let your femininity shine through isn’t a bad thing and doesn’t make you dumb and can we stop yabbing Kim? I like being that woman that excites a man’s senses and also help him career wise. These things are not mutually exclusive abeg.

PS: you can have sex appeal without indecent exposure.

21. tobi

December 31, 2017 at 11:51 am

@kina. you are spot on! Love it!!!

22. kina

December 31, 2017 at 3:19 pm

@mz daniels nne not to disagree with you but one mans sex appeal could be anothers sex repulse. I feel we need to teach our girls to dress to suit the occasion because as im sure you are aware presentation matters. Also dressing to let your ferminity shine does not necessarily equate to dressing to excite/ tantalise/ tease the senses of the random opposite sex. But mz daniels we are all entitled to our opinions. This world is big enough for all kinds of dress senses and purposes.

23. passingby

December 31, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Classy is when a woman has everything to flaunt but chooses not to give it all up. These ladies are sassy I’ll let them into the club. Ladies dress how you mean to be addressed.