Style

#WearNigerian: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a Style Star in this Number!

BellaNaija.com

Ever since Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie started her project #WearNigerian, she has emerged as a style star and has been one to watch.

The author who is currently in the UK wore a red number by Nigerian designer Maxivive and she absolutely slayed it, from her hair, to her makeup right down to her pose!

She also shared a selfie with former football player, who is a legend in his own right, Theiry Henry.

Photo Credit: @chimamanda_adichie

1. The Real Oma

May 16, 2018 at 9:35 pm

Her make-up is popping! And I love the shoes ?

2. nnenne

May 16, 2018 at 10:26 pm

…And some don’t see her patriotism but negativity! Okay.

• star

May 16, 2018 at 11:09 pm

Peoples criticisms are not against her but against some of her beliefs. I do believe women have been underrated in the past and some thought patterns need to change in the society and women shouldnt live to get married as most important thing but i also disagree with any form of thoughts that a man is not the head of the home or a woman is equal with her husband ie they both lead equally. i want to have a home with a man who can lead the home and not oppress me, a man who can make decisions for the good of everyone and successfully take us to a glorious end. I want my husband to lead while i support, a man to take charge, think forward and most importantly allowing me to fulfil my dreams and purposes for living without feeling inferior about my achievements, i want to cook for my husband cause i love to watch him eat my food, its beautiful to be a woman, i dont want a puppet who cant make decisions as the head, the beauty of a husband is his strength wisdom,tenacity,focus, carriage and MASCULINITY

• Yeye

May 17, 2018 at 1:20 pm

Everything you said and more Star! Like no one is bashing her person, or at least I hope not. I certainly am now. But critical exchange concerning ideology is now hate?

3. Adamazi

May 16, 2018 at 11:40 pm

Rock it!

4. Mrs chidukane

May 17, 2018 at 12:17 am

Love the way she doesn’t take herself too seriously.

• Californiabawlar

May 17, 2018 at 3:44 am

As in! Until she’s actually being serious and them boom! ??? People don’t know what to with her! ??

5. notoliverpope

May 17, 2018 at 2:10 am

Gosh I wish I was married to a living legend like her, husband must be so proud

6. Amaka

May 17, 2018 at 2:49 am

The pants are creased ….

7. stacy_kema

May 17, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Has anyone ever noticed that she and Dakore has the same kinda smile?

• King Bae

May 17, 2018 at 4:55 pm

I noticed

8. Lovelyhannah

May 17, 2018 at 6:56 pm

Does she use hand cream? Her hands looks dry and a bit wrinkled. #bewellgroomed

9. Engoz

May 17, 2018 at 7:27 pm

I can never wear most of her clothing choices, though. Just imagined myself in those pants, lae lae. Not gonna happen. Always like her make-up though.

• Fizzy

May 18, 2018 at 11:38 am

We ALL don’t get it right ALL of the time. But, she gets it MOST of the time.