Connect with us

News

Governors give approval for release of $1b from Excess Crude Account to fight Boko Haram

Published

 on

Governor Abdulaziz Yari, Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum

Nigerian Governors have approved the withdrawal of $1 billion from the excess crude oil account to fight terrorist sect Boko Haram, Premium Times reports.

The decision was revealed by the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, while briefing State House correspondents.

The governors had held a meeting with the National Economic Council (NEC), chaired by vice president Yemi Osinbajo.

Gombe State Governor, Ibrahim Dakwanbo, had previously said the Excess Crude Oil account had a balance of $2.317 billion as at Wednesday, December 13.

Obaseki said the announcement of the approval was made during the NEC meeting by the chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), Abdulaziz Yari, the Zamfara State Governor.

14 Comments

  1. Truth

    December 14, 2017 at 7:21 pm

    Thieves!!!

  2. Gyasi

    December 14, 2017 at 8:05 pm

    I thought they said they have won the war against BOKO Haram this country is full of pen rubbers

    • Seriously

      December 15, 2017 at 1:01 pm

      How can they win anything when they are not even fighting. It’s all a way to deceive the public. The government knows the people behind Boko Haram and the personal sponsors. All these Fat lies about fighting Boko Haram and getting assistance from West is just another excuse to embezzle more money. All that $1 billion is going straight into their personal accounts. It’s just pathetic.
      When are they going to approve money to actually do some serious work and issues connected to basic necessities.

  3. Professor X

    December 14, 2017 at 8:28 pm

    I think that $1 billion will be better spent on building up infrastructure – roads, electricity, airports, public & teaching hospitals, NYSC camp facilities…and so much more.

  4. Biker Chic

    December 14, 2017 at 10:10 pm

    2019 War chest. APC, A congregation of thieves. And they say Buhari is a saint.

    • Lailatu

      December 15, 2017 at 2:10 pm

      @Bikerchic, my thoughts exactly. They are gearing up for 2019. The fight is on.

  5. June

    December 14, 2017 at 10:16 pm

    Let me laugh in Swahili that I don’t speak! They should clap for themselves !

  6. the real ibinabo

    December 14, 2017 at 10:25 pm

    They have started their ‘war against boko haram’ format again abi. How timely! 2019 elections are around the corner, so many white elephant projects will suddenly pop-up to help the powers that be divert funds smoothly.

  7. BEAUTIFUL

    December 14, 2017 at 10:45 pm

    The most fraudulent government that has ever been .. APC .. which bokoharam.. the one they said they had technically won .. bunch of idiots. They’re emptying Nigerian treasury to prepare for their re election in 2019 .. God will never allow them.. fools

  8. Ceebaby

    December 15, 2017 at 1:43 am

    $1bn, to fight boko haram? toh…didn’t someone say that they have been defeated a few weeks ago? $1bn, ok o.

  9. kristin

    December 15, 2017 at 9:37 am

    They should please leave the boko haram. They should not help us defeat them. Shey we’ve been managing boko haram since. What kind of a country do we live in!

  10. Vivadrew

    December 15, 2017 at 2:42 pm

    Syphooning money for upcoming 2019 elections, to grease hands and pockets. God is watching you all via HD-3D telescope (yes, telescope).

  11. tunmi

    December 15, 2017 at 5:30 pm

    don’t ask your governors for accountability, keep developing hypotheses

  12. John Doe

    December 15, 2017 at 9:01 pm

    Boko Haram kwa? I give up on Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Tangerine Africa


Star Features

css.php